Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After surgery question about eating

I'm concerned I'm going to have to eat ALL THE TIME it will seem. I only eat about 1-2 meals a day now, don't snack, I just don't think about eating nor even think about it until my stomach grumbles around 3 or 4pm. I already know that's not healthy and my body is retaining fat blah blah blah but I can't help it. When I was on Weight Watchers my points were around 35 and it seemed I was constantly eating and I hated it. Am I going to have trouble with this? I was watching a youtube video of post op eating (days 1 and 2) and drinking 1 oz over a two hour time and then 2 oz over a 3 hr period of time, something like that. Sounds very tedious. Does it get easier? I'm hoping eventually I can just eat and be done with it and not take 2 hrs eating something only to have to turn around and eat again..

Yes eating like that does not last trust me.

I do not eat like that at all now and haven't for awhile.

You have to eat or drink slowly after surgery because your pouch is very small and can only hold at the max 4 oz after a few weeks.

You will be healing and any more then an ounce or two will make you sick and truthfully you won't want any more then that right after surgery.

Remember that with gastric bypass they shrink your stomach size by 85%.

As the weeks progress and you can eat and drink more you will not be eating every couple of hours.

Please try to relax on this subject and just look forward to the end results of a healthier and trimmer you.

It really does get easier. You should always try to eat 3 times a day, with Water inbetween. If you eat less often, you can get very hungry and that is when you might experience problems....eating too fast and not knowing when you are full. Just follow your Drs instructions.

The first month after surgery your main concern is gwetting your fluids and your protiens. It will be all consuming but you won't heal if you don't do it.

Eating twice a day is not a successful way to eat, as you must have learned by now. You will need to relearn your relationship with food in order to be successful. Maybe you will find the help you need with your local Support Gruop?

Stupid question? How long will it take to eat something? I kind of picture myself always putting foods in my mouth, by the time I finish Breakfast it'll be time for lunch with all those little bites you have to chew 50000 times. Ha

It takes a while in the beginning. My granddaughter said she was told to chew 30 times before swallowing. I worry that sometimes I eat too fast. I think I take about 20-30 min per meal if I am alone. Longer with friends.