Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cheated on my pre op diet

Can you stop now? If you do, you should be ok. If you can't stop ... trust me, going in the doctor is going to figure it out.

If your liver hasn't shrunk, they'll know it. I had an instance where they opened the person and they had dinner in the intestines. If the doctor had knicked the intestine, they could have died.

Seriously ... think about it. We'll support you all we can here, but there is a reason for the diets before surgery.

Can you stop now? If you do, you should be ok. If you can't stop ... trust me, going in the doctor is going to figure it out.

If your liver hasn't shrunk, they'll know it. I had an instance where they opened the person and they had dinner in the intestines. If the doctor had knicked the intestine, they could have died.

Seriously ... think about it. We'll support you all we can here, but there is a reason for the diets before surgery.

I know I feel terrible about it. I am going to stick to the high Protein liquid only for the next 6 days I hope it helps.

I cheated 2xs on my pre op diet by eating sandwiches and chips and now I feel awful. I only have 6 days til surgery and I am worried I have messed it all up.

If you can't do pre-op how are you going to post op? It is major surgery that has to heal properly. I hope you're really ready. Good luck.

I have lap band and had a fill yesterday. My doctor does 3 days liquid , 3 days mushy and then back to real food. I would never think of not following his rules.

I was in the same boat pre-op thinking it was my last chance to have certain foods and messed up quite a bit. I went to see my doctor and he said, "Here's the deal, I don't think you are taking this seriously and I don't want to put anyone in a situation they can not handle. If you can not lose 10 lbs before surgery we are going to delay 2 months and put you on a Optifast diet." I wised up quick and started planning all my meals as I was banded. 800-900 calories a day is rough but it is paying off. You can do it! Just keep reminding yourself the reasons you are doing this!

Safety first! This is serious stuff you're signing up for. Give your body every advantage to come through the surgery without complications. It's hard, I agree. But you will need even more discipline than that after surgery while you are on liquids for weeks. Embrace it, surrender to it, and know that this, too, shall pass. And you'll be so glad you did when you begin to see dramatic, and I mean dramatic, changes in your body size, your breathing, your sleeping, your hunger, your complexion, your mood, all within the first month post-op. It's real, and it's waiting for you. As RuPaul likes to say to his drag queen contestants, "Good luck... and don't f&!@ it up!"

I also cheated a few times but for the most part stuck to it and did loose the 10lbs. Don't beat yourself up over it and move on. After surg, I had no problem sticking to the liquid diet...you can do it.

My Dr. did not care what I ate on my pre-op diet...I simply had to loose X amount of weight or the surgery would be postponed....

just so happens the liquid shake route was the most efficient and fastest way to do....so if I ate, it was ok....but I better keep an eye on that scale.....

I couldn't do the pre-op diet, I think I was on it for 4 days or so. Liquids for 24 hours before surgery but that's it. No one ever mentioned it and the surgery went fine.
Don't beat yourself up about it.

Like the others said..Get back on the horse and go forward. I'm on day 13 of my liquid diet. I have cheated a few times with Cottage cheese, Creamed Soup or pickles. I just got back on it right away and plugged forward. I can already tell i've lost weight, I will find out tomorrow when i get weighed in before my surgery. I was at the point if i drank one more chocolate shake i was going to puke. I found weekend the HARDEST for me. I wasn't busy with work, life. A lot of time on my hands was dangerous. I've never cleaned so much in my life..LOL All the best to you on your journey!

I was actually put on the Sugar Buster diet before my surgery and it made it really alot easier...could eat what I wanted (portions of course-smaller) and had to keep sugar under 7 grams a day, it was really easy...could even eat bread (sugar free)...so I can't empathize with those of you on the liquid diets pre-op. I lost 11 lbs before surgery. so what I would say to you tashautah is to get back on track with what your surgeon put you on and stick to it. you can do this, its the matter of your health and where you want to be a year from now!!! so hang in there sweetie you can do this!!! please try again...you were very brave to let us know you cheated!!! I will be thinking of you dearheart!!!

It's good you're on here admitting your mistakes. My surgeon also gave me the "talk" about my liver and if I didn't stick to the diet and my liver hadn't shrunk up enough he wouldn't go fwd with the surgery.

I agree with a few other responses. The pre-op prepares you for what is to come the days after surgery and as you get fills. It's really important that you want this for yourself and are committed to your healthy recovery and your weight loss. You got this! I know you want it b/c you're on here sharing!

Best of luck to you!!

ditto :)

you have realized what you are doing....you just need to stop and follow your doctors program... the first few days are the hardest...it does get easier if you stay the course...

good luck

I start my 2 weeks preop diet tomorrow....good inspiration here. Thanks!

I was in the same boat pre-op thinking it was my last chance to have certain foods and messed up quite a bit. I went to see my doctor and he said, "Here's the deal, I don't think you are taking this seriously and I don't want to put anyone in a situation they can not handle. If you can not lose 10 lbs before surgery we are going to delay 2 months and put you on a Optifast diet." I wised up quick and started planning all my meals as I was banded. 800-900 calories a day is rough but it is paying off. You can do it! Just keep reminding yourself the reasons you are doing this!

I like that your doctor got really honest with you about it because really, he's right!

The reason we are all in this mess is basically because we don't control what we eat (may be other factors that contribute). The sleeve is a "tool" so if we eat our faces off now and don't change our habits, we will just gain weight after the sleeve. True story! That would just be gross and a waste of everyone's time. We need to GET WITH IT AND GET REAL!