Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Most of you all probably know me, but I need some encouragement! I've lost 63 pounds but I'm stuck. I need motivation to work out and to really watch what I eat! I haven't really gained any weight it's just I'm unmotivated and need that spark I had in the beginning.

I just feel blah and I've been over stressed personally & any encouragement would be helpful! Thanks

jamilyne...you can do this dearheart...look how far you have come!!! "63" lbs that is AWESOME!!! try to change up your workout and I find using my small plate I was given by the clinic helps too...I merely stop eating when its all gone 3 to 4 oz of meat, veggies) or when I don't feel satisfied. I know some folks on here could probably help you better but I know that is what is usually said by the veteran banders on this site. Hang in there and you will do fine!!! I'll be thinking of you and hoping to see another post saying you are doing better again.

Most of you all probably know me, but I need some encouragement! I've lost 63 pounds but I'm stuck. I need motivation to work out and to really watch what I eat! I haven't really gained any weight it's just I'm unmotivated and need that spark I had in the beginning.

I just feel blah and I've been over stressed personally & any encouragement would be helpful! Thanks

jami

find a before your surgery picture.....go on....do it, i will wait..

that person wanted this WLS to lose weight.....and to get healthy.......remember

all the things (we) had to do to have it? the appts, that seemed non stop and to never end??

the xrays, the blood work, the sleep tests, the mental evals the whole nine freeking yards...you

did a lot of things to have this surgery..THAT is your motivation GF.....what a gorgeous woman

you are then, now and forver...

you know exactly what to do....do so it missy.....

exercise (even if its a 5 min walk..its better than nothing)

and eat....you know to eat as clean, fresh and non processed as you can....protein always first

i dont know if my words helped but i am there with you.....its a never ending journey to better health

day in and day out....somedays i am like BAH, gimme my coors light back dammit......but i remember what i looked liked.....that is not who i want to be again......neither do you.....

much love ♥

Thanks for keeping it real. I've been doing so well since surgery, but the past few days have had trouble getting my butt on the treadmill. That's how it starts. I commend you for asking for encouragement, so here it is.

I decided months ago that since nothing changes if nothing changes, I wasn't going to go into this life change with the same behaviors I did in the past. Namely, let how I feel rule what I do. "I don't want to exercise" isn't a conscious decision not to exercise. It's a fleeting feeling of today. I choose to make the conscious decision to override that feeling. Every single stinking time I do this, and choose the thought-through, smart decision over the fleeting feeling, I'm making progress and working those habit muscles. Eating, exercise, social interaction, you name it.

I am NOT a slave to my feelings. Where the head goes, the body will follow.

Fake it til you make it. Do it anyway.

Pick a slogan. Any of them that work!

Thank you for reminding me that I was slipping into "feelings rule" mode this week, and that's a dangerous, slippery slope for me. Matter of fact, that slope is about a 150-lb weight gain slope. Been there, done that, bought the size 4XL t-shirt.

Good luck and stay connected!

Well said, CG! Do you have a list of goals -- maybe this is a good time to review them or make that list. I am going to try to find mine. It's in a notebook with my measurements, which is also another great motivator. Don't forget when the scale number isn't moving we are changing shape. Get moving and get ready to shop for a new pair of jeans!

Great post, Just Watch Me! I know what you mean -- there's a great Ted Talk about body language and faking it. The arms up like crossing a finish line is a signal to the brain of winning success so I try to do that when I get on the treadmill. It's sort if a joke with my cousin who I work out with 3-4 times a week.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I need all of your words! And I do not want to go back to the ways of the past. I'm just in a funk .. I think I am going to call the doctor today and make an appointment to get a fill. I've only had one fill since I was banded and maybe that will help also.

CG - I need you to whip me back into reality (THANKS) and I did look at that picture and I look like a blob sitting on the couch.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I need all of your words! And I do not want to go back to the ways of the past. I'm just in a funk .. I think I am going to call the doctor today and make an appointment to get a fill. I've only had one fill since I was banded and maybe that will help also.

CG - I need you to whip me back into reality (THANKS) and I did look at that picture and I look like a blob sitting on the couch.

girl you know i gots me a pink whip with tassels......hub really likes it LOL

anyhow, that girl in the picture WAS YOU.......its not now.....you are a hero

my sunshine, my friend.....dont let me take off my 6 inch wedges today and kick your ass

you go girl..call the dr and get back on track......you got this ♥♥

One day at a time. It's a lifelong battle friends and we know it.

It's why I'm on this forum and it's why I'm so involved in the local support group experiment Alex has going. I know just like jamilyne, I can come here with my struggles and find the support and strength I need. It's a comfort, it truly is.

I know it's discouraging but you can do it. I'm 5 lbs from ONEderland going on 6 months now but I know I need to walk more and get motivated that way. I'm not giving up ever and I know with my mind set to exercise more will get me where I need to be? Good luck!

jami

find a before your surgery picture.....go on....do it, i will wait..

that person wanted this WLS to lose weight.....and to get healthy.......remember

all the things (we) had to do to have it? the appts, that seemed non stop and to never end??

the xrays, the blood work, the sleep tests, the mental evals the whole nine freeking yards...you

did a lot of things to have this surgery..THAT is your motivation GF.....what a gorgeous woman

you are then, now and forver...

you know exactly what to do....do so it missy.....

exercise (even if its a 5 min walk..its better than nothing)

and eat....you know to eat as clean, fresh and non processed as you can....protein always first

i dont know if my words helped but i am there with you.....its a never ending journey to better health

day in and day out....somedays i am like BAH, gimme my coors light back dammit......but i remember what i looked liked.....that is not who i want to be again......neither do you.....

much love ♥

CG reading you post just make my day!!!!!!!! Thank you for reminder me all those appointments :)) there is no way I want to go back where I was!!! Thanks a lot.