Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do they not make dresses with long sleeves anymore?

I never understood why places that specialize in plus size clothing would make so many sleeveless dresses and shirts. It always boggled,my mind, really. How many xxxL women want to show off their fat arms? I sure don't. SMH!

I never understood why places that specialize in plus size clothing would make so many sleeveless dresses and shirts. It always boggled,my mind, really. How many xxxL women want to show off their fat arms? I sure don't. SMH!

Its like there is a fashion conspiracy to put larger ladies in low wasted, scoop necked, horizontally striped, inexplicably low waisted, sleeveless hot air balloons.

Or in Cheetah/zebra print! I walk through kohls plus size section and just shake my head. I don't get it. Just make normal clothes bigger please!

I hate that they dont have at least 3/4 sleeve. But what drives me crazy is the gigantic arm holes.

I mean really? The arm hole is so out of proportion compared to rest of dress. They do this on sleeveless shirts also. Annoying!

I never thought about it but you're right! They are crazy large arm holes on any plus size sleeveless dress I've seen. I had a Vince Camuto dress that was a little too big. I worse it to a wedding in 2012 and just wore it again this weekend since I didn't have time to buy anything. It was too big but not horribly so. I have a wedding in June. I really want something different.

Thank you to all!!! No one is stealing anything - that's what this board is all about. Great suggestions. I keep hearing that I should go to Ross. I'm still plus size 18/20 on top and prob a bit bigger on bottom although 3x is too big. I'm sooooo pear sized. I love the shrugs, I'll have to try again. The bat wings this soon after surgery was a SURPRIZE. Gotta say I wasn't prepared. I still have so far to go. I can't imagine how much worse it's gonna get. I love seeing everyone's pictures, so inspiring!

Try landsend too. They have cute wrap dresses that I love.

Land's End has a fit&flare dress with elbow length sleeves. I have the sleeveless one and have been eyeing the one w/sleeves for the fall. I'm also going to buy the maxi. I love the fit of that style and they have it in petite!

Land's End has a fit&flare dress with elbow length sleeves. I have the sleeveless one and have been eyeing the one w/sleeves for the fall. I'm also going to buy the maxi. I love the fit of that style and they have it in petite!

Terry , I have the fit and flare sleeveless dresses too. I bouggt one in xs (2-4) and one in small (4-6) and both worked! I love landsend petite dresses because they are the perfect length for me (5'2").

Love Christopher and Banks for 3/4 sleeve shirts!

Excited to report I found a lovely teal blue, maxi with 3/4th sleeves at Kiyonna. Best part?????? I ordered a 2X but it was too big! So I ordered the 1X and it fits near perfect (actually almost big). I was soooooo excited! It needs to be hemmed. I love it though! I will post pic from wedding which is next Saturday.

Next question: what color nail polish with teal blue (almost royal blue)?

Excited to report I found a lovely teal blue, maxi with 3/4th sleeves at Kiyonna. Best part?????? I ordered a 2X but it was too big! So I ordered the 1X and it fits near perfect (actually almost big). I was soooooo excited! It needs to be hemmed. I love it though! I will post pic from wedding which is next Saturday.

Next question: what color nail polish with teal blue (almost royal blue)?

Coral nail polish looka great with teal!!

Terry , I have the fit and flare sleeveless dresses too. I bouggt one in xs (2-4) and one in small (4-6) and both worked! I love landsend petite dresses because they are the perfect length for me (5'2").

They are flattering and comfortable. I ordered the sleeveless maxi fit and flare in petite. Finally! A maxi that is not too long for me! That's a first! :-)

There is a website with a lot of dresses, and they are very reasonably priced and can custom size them. They should have some long sleeved dresses.

http://www.jjshouse.com/

My daughter found a lovely lace wedding dress for $300.

post-196853-0-02617500-1402203199_thumb.jpg

68 down and 90 to go. Love the dress but can barely see the progress. Sigh. So much better than I was but so freaking far to go.

They are flattering and comfortable. I ordered the sleeveless maxi fit and flare in petite. Finally! A maxi that is not too long for me! That's a first! :-)

The maxi fit? I will have to try the petite. I have been wanting a maxi but most are way too long.