Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do they not make dresses with long sleeves anymore?

for something nice but inexpensive try HolyClothing.com ... check the measurements because each one is a bit different...they don't have the same size chart for each item (i know that's weird, but I want to warn you)... the clothes are nicely made with pretty detail... wash separately and usually hang to dry...or if it gets too big, put in the dryer :) ... I bought a dress from them for the Renaissance Faire, and since then have bought tops etc. There are dresses that aren't too fancy (and some that are), but should work for you at a decent price.

I was pleasantly surprised by the detail work!

Also...there is good, old fashioned GoodWill. I found several dresses for a cruise from there ... 3 of them for less than $15!!! If you have time to search, you may be successful as well...

Good luck...but yes, I have a shrug for that very reason myself!

Edited by BigGirlPanties

Go to Ross, TJMaxx, Marshall's, etc. They have tons of shift dresses with wonderful patterns and 3/4 length bell sleeves which really even out a wider bottom or boobs. I bought a ton of them for $16 each and get more compliments on these dresses than anything! Here is a poor picture of one I love:

Ohhh I love that dress!!!!

Obviously, this is not a dress you wear to a wedding, but I also wanted to show you that we are all dealing with the same issue...wearing sleeveless dresses but needing to cover the upper arms. Here's my pic. This dress was from Kohl's. I really like their Vera Wang line. Pretty and reasonably priced.

post-142630-0-29791900-1399397928_thumb.jpg

I too was going to suggest a shrug. I have been having good luck finding things at Catherine's. I'm always on the lookout for things that hide my wingspan!

I have that problem too! Summer is coming and all these dresses are sleeveless!! My hubby bought me this white I guess it's called a shrug or whatever and it works well to hide my bat wings ! They come in different colors!

attachicon.gif:

You look great in that dress(don't like stealing someone's thread tho')!

Edited by kll724

I'm sorry if anyone mistook me showing a pic of myself( as an example as others before me did to show how you can cover a sleeveless dress) as stealing a thread... That was never my intention at all... I was simply trying to show an example... And for the record I think everyone who posted an example looks beautiful in there dresses!! And thank you for the complement!!

@deedadumble@LipstickLady you guys look fantastic!

I've been hunting for a dress, too, something cottony and light for summer when it would just be too warm for any kind of second layer. The sleeveless world is pretty daunting -- no way I will ever go there. And how about the puffed sleeve look, lol. These arms don't need a poofy sleeve, that's for sure. I think I may end up in skirt and top world but I really want a dress. It's on my list of goals I wrote last June. Pretty dress for son's graduation.

Take a look at my picture hon. It's a pretty and lightweight dress and the shrug is also lightweight even with long sleeves. It's a perfect type of dress to wear to your son's graduation. You don't need a skirt and top unless that's what you want to wear.

I'm sorry if anyone mistook me showing a pic of myself( as an example as others before me did to show how you can cover a sleeveless dress) as stealing a thread... That was never my intention at all... I was simply trying to show an example... And for the record I think everyone who posted an example looks beautiful in there dresses!! And thank you for the complement!!

Oh goodness! I don't think ANYONE was "stealing" a thread. That's silly. This is a public message board and I think examples are VERY on topic.

Thank you to all!!! No one is stealing anything - that's what this board is all about. Great suggestions. I keep hearing that I should go to Ross. I'm still plus size 18/20 on top and prob a bit bigger on bottom although 3x is too big. I'm sooooo pear sized. I love the shrugs, I'll have to try again. The bat wings this soon after surgery was a SURPRIZE. Gotta say I wasn't prepared. I still have so far to go. I can't imagine how much worse it's gonna get. I love seeing everyone's pictures, so inspiring!

Try Kiyonna plus sizes. They have dresses with sleeves that are very fashionable! I bought one for a wedding back in February and loved it! :)

I've been trying to send you back a message but it looks like it won't go through. I checked out that site and I see several things I like. Definitely considering something from there. Thank you!

No at all, I didn't want something thinking that I was hijacking their thread by complementing you in your dress!

Oh...Lol !!! Well thanks again! I love seeing pics of everyone in there pretty dresses!!!

I'm having the same problem but with casual tops...everything now is short sleeve for summer...well I need 3/4 bad!! Any ideas?

Another idea for beautiful dresses is Chico's They flow beautifully over the bumpy and flappy bits (and no, those aren't pictures of me LOL).

570106322_3161_normal.jpg

570105338_959.jpg

Also the scarves that are sewn together that make a pullover shawl