Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will admit it I am a terrible diabetic. I don't check my blood regularly like I am supposed to. I used to eat sweets all the time. Matter of fact the only time I checked my sugars is when my PCP put me on victoza. It screwed me really bad and my sugar would run about 270 fasting in the morning. I have been taken off the victoza and put on 2000 mgs of metformin a day. As usual I went back to my old ways of not checking my sugars. However, I have been on the liver shrink diet and I have not eaten any sweets for a while now. I decided I would check my blood sugar and it was 150. I am happy to say my sugar has come down over a hundred points since I started the diet. It hasn't been this low in months. I am sticking to this diet if it's the last thing I do. My surgeon's office will cancel your surgery if you gain weight before your date. Thanks for listening to my rant.

I took didn't watch my self and was on Victoza and metaformin at the same time.

I went from an A1C of 8+ to under 7 before surgery.

I haven't taken any diabetes meds since surgery and when my A1C was checked in March it was 4.7.

So keep up the good work you are doing and you'll be amazed when your numbers come way down more.

Good luck with your surgery.

After having my bypass surgery, I was taken off my diabetes meds at my second week. I am now off 8 medications. I no longer take any medication for diabetes, blood pressure, reflux, Migraines, arthritis and cholesterol. This was the best thing to ever happen to me. Wish I had done it 10 years ago.

I am very encouraged by these posts. I have Type Ii Diabetes, sleep apnea., acid reflux and high cholesterol, lipids and BP. I am on meds and a cpa

. I sincerely hope GNY enables me to get off all these things .

I had diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, some acid reflux. I was off all the meds within 3 weeks after surgery (gastric bypass RNY) and haven't used them in the past year. I also had issues with frequent urination and profuse sweating. All these issues went into remission after surgery.

I used to be a type 2 diabetic, that is until the day after my surgery when I awoke to normal blood sugars after being without meds for a couple of days prior to surgery. I haven't taken any meds since. Six months later I do spot check my blood sugar from time to time and have not yet had a reading higher than 86... Even within an hour of eating a meal. I dont know how typical this is, or if it will last forever... but so far this has been my experience.

I am very encouraged by these posts. I have Type Ii Diabetes, sleep apnea., acid reflux and high cholesterol, lipids and BP. I am on meds and a cpa

. I sincerely hope GNY enables me to get off all these things .

I had every single one of those things...and every single one of those things are gone! You're gonna love the new you!!

I am so excited! I can't wait for surgery. I know some folks regret having surgery the first month or two after RNY but then almost everyone is so happy they had the surgery. I will be thrilled if my health improves as much as all of u(not that I won't mourn food). I called insurance today - Medicare and TriCare and Madigan hospital and it looks like I meet all the criteria and with both insurances I probably won't have to pay anything. I may have to pay some for my psych eval though. I drove to meet a buddy on this site today. I got lost and spent 4 hrs. Getting there and 40 min. Getting home but I got to count 4 hrs. of driving calories (lol). Tomorrow I meet with my psychiatrist and I will ask him to change all my psych meds to meet after surgery specs. I also go to support group and a healthy shopping class tomorrow. I should have everything ready except my D4 blood test by the end of May. So far only blood tests but I'm sure there will be some pre-op medical tests. I hope to get a surgery date by mid June.

I am so excited! I can't wait for surgery. I know some folks regret having surgery the first month or two after RNY but then almost everyone is so happy they had the surgery. I will be thrilled if my health improves as much as all of u(not that I won't mourn food). I called insurance today - Medicare and TriCare and Madigan hospital and it looks like I meet all the criteria and with both insurances I probably won't have to pay anything. I may have to pay some for my psych eval though. I drove to meet a buddy on this site today. I got lost and spent 4 hrs. Getting there and 40 min. Getting home but I got to count 4 hrs. of driving calories (lol). Tomorrow I meet with my psychiatrist and I will ask him to change all my psych meds to meet after surgery specs. I also go to support group and a healthy shopping class tomorrow. I should have everything ready except my D4 blood test by the end of May. So far only blood tests but I'm sure there will be some pre-op medical tests. I hope to get a surgery date by mid June.

I noticed that you said you had to meet with your psychiatrist tomorrow. You may want to check with your surgeon and see if a letter from your personal psychiatrist about weight loss surgery would be accepted as your psych eval. My surgeon accepted a letter from my personal psychiatrist, stating that I can make decisions about surgery on my own and that it would benefit my mental health.

That's a great suggestion. I don't know if my current psychiatrist feels he knows me well enough to write a letter but prior to last Sept. I was seeing the same psychiatrist for 13 yrs and I'm sure he would send a letter if I asked.

My regular psych did the surgery clearance for me but even though I've been seeing him for 8 years, he made me come in for a special appointment for that. I guess he had to get his $150 or so. But, it was a very easy process.