Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

bigbaby thank you!

The clothes size issue is strange! Mainly I am in a 14 however like I think someone else mentioned, shorts that fit last summer at the end of the season fit still. I thought they would drop off. They are very loose, but still!!! They are both 16's. I have some size 12 that I would love to wear this summer and some work clothes too. That will be my goal! I think if I went to the gym and worked out more, the inches may improve more! I am sure Stef and Suzzie would agree.

talk to you soon. It is Monday, yuk back to work!!

Hi all! Steph and Suzzzie - congrats on you charity work this weekend. I hope you are both feeling well this morning!

I am doing okay. Unfortunately, I think I am too tight again. I can get liquids down, but not much more. Everything is very slow and I am refluxing, so I am going to have to see when I can get in to the doc. It is very frustrating.

Have a good week everyone!

Hey all! My weekend rocked.

Took my oldest niece (alomst 12) to the Colbie Caillat concert on Friday night. Saturday morning I let her choose what she wanted to do... surprisingly enough, out of the 5 or so options I gave her she wanted to go to the art museum! So we went there, which is up by the Plaza, so afterwards we had lunch at Panera (only place I can afford on the Plaza!) and then we walked over to Barnes & Noble. She LOVES books, and will read just about anything. She bought some book that had 297 pages, and had it read by Sunday morning... Yeah. We went for ice cream (Yeah, I know I wasn't going to have any until my birthda, but thats only a week away, and she really wanted Cold Stone!) I took her home around 8pm. I'd taken tons of pics with my camera and cell phone, and since I had to take her to tha ball fields (her parents are on the Board, and my other niece and nephew had ball practice) and all her friends were there... I let her use the camera and phone to show off the pics... Haha. When I got my camera back at 9pm I had alllll sorts of pics of her bf and other kids being kids. It's so silly. Oh... and I'm a bad influence. Haha. She was talking about strawberry daquaris... so I let her order a VIRGIN daq at Applebees for dinner before I took her home. Lol. I know I know... But I was about 12 when I first had a virgin daq, so I didn't see much harm. ALl her friends think I'm 'soo kewl!' now. I rock.

THEN... when I was about to leave there, my other niece (8) and nephew (almost 10) BEGGED me to let them come home with me for the night... how can I refuse! THese kids OWN me. So we packed them some clothes, they both agreed to do the March of Dimes walk with me, so that was awesome. We got up yesterday morning and went to the Walk. They had a really great time! They really got into the stories of sick and premature babies. They understood WHY we were walking, ad that was cool. Abby (niece) was born 6 weeks preemie, so it gave her some more insight into what being a preemie is all about, and that it doesn't just mean a 'smaller baby'. She said she felt very blessed by God to be healthy!

Afterwards we had the free picinic lunch that was served - hot dogs, chips, cookies... I had some chips. Then the kids didn't want to go home yet - it was only about 12 or so. We ended up going to his really big park that they'd never been too before. (They live in a really small town about an hour north of the city) Then we went bowling... then we went to see Nims Island. (cute movie!) They chose everything we did. We had dinner at CiCi's pizza (I ate 1/2 slice of alfredo pizza and 6 bites pasta... nasty greasy food!) Then I took them home. They were both so exhausted that they fell asleep in the car.

Anyway... sory for boring you all. But yeah, my Walk went great. I raised $200 and got a 'free' incentive tshirt. Its so cute.. and a size 2x! Last year I'd have been lucky to squeeze into a 4x!!

Yea Suzzzie!!!! Yep - you are now officially the "kewl aunt"!!!!!!

Hey - I saw your updated pics on before/after - you look Awesome!!

hello hello in the past few weeks iv'e managed to bang my wrist. bang my elbow. i caught the stomach flu twice. and just today i managed to drop a large can of lysol on my toe (no shoes).... BUT ALL IN ALL I LOST TWO MORE LBS.... my daughters wedding is approching in 17 days! she also got the lap band a few weeks after i did. she has lost 75 lbs in the past two years. we both have only gotten the band tightened twice. we should have done it more then that. we work a lot of hours. and still tend to put important things on the back burner. we are so very happy with the results and we are not done yet! we would and need to lose 30 lbs each. and i know we can do it! I dont excersice enough, but with the band i can not eat a lot (example) I can only eat half of a wendys salad. I try to listen to my stomach when i feel full i put down the fork. I am afraid to throw up. I have had it happen about 7 times so far. I start my day with a cup of tea a Protein Shake (walmart) a while later i have a yogurt or Cereal. I look for Snacks but i dont bring them in . it is what it is. diet or not, its the only way to go. good luck to us all!!!:)

Hey all! Guess who just got home from a date? Lol! ME!!

So, I'm still totally hung up on this one guy (anyone who reads my blog knows this story..) but this other guy who I've msg'd and text for about a year now (know him from myspace, lame huh?) he's been asking me to go out to a movie or dinner for a while. Tonight he text and asked me what I was doing, I told him I was bored. He said he was going to see Iron Man and would love some company. He even came to my town to go to the theatre here so I wouldn't have to drive far. Haha. I couldn't resist really...

Yeah. He's hot. He's a fireman... Mmm. And I'm usually really shy, but I felt cute and also since I've talked to him A LOT in the last year I felt very comfortable with him. He's an awesome person.

So... Miss Stef... I finally went out with someone other than the guy I'm obsessed with... and I had a good time. But is it wrong that I want him to find out that I went on a date? Lol. Haha.

Sorry. Just thought I'd spam our thread with my hyper date talk. Hehe. I feel cool about it, cause when I first started talking to this guy last year I'd just started the lap band process... I weighed 382, wore a size 32 pants. I was miserable. Today I'm 275, I'm a size 22/24 pants (depending on the cut) and I feel cute on most days.

BTW, Iron Man was awesome. Robert Downey Jr. is hot,.

So... Miss Stef... I finally went out with someone other than the guy I'm obsessed with... and I had a good time. But is it wrong that I want him to find out that I went on a date? Lol. Haha.

THANK DOG! YEE-HAW! :tt1:

I'm so glad you had a good time, sweetie! You deserve it! You deserve to have a relationship with someone who knows how to be a "grown-up"! (Of course, so does HE! :rolleyes:)

Well...I don't think it's wrong for you to want him to find out about your date, as long as it's not for warped reasons. If you are doing it to make him jealous, I believe it's wrong...because you run the risk of hurting the new guy by "using" him. If you are moving on and away from the old relationship, I think it's only "human" to want him to know that he's missing out on you from now on. Is that juvenile? Probably...but definitely human. I hope the latter is true for you.

suzzie You have had a great 4 days! I can understand being the 'cool" aunt. I love my niece( nephews too) but she was the only girl in the family until I married my dh and gained two daughters, which did not make my niece very happy! But now she is happy to have girls around. the walk, the time and the DATE all sound awesome. I can understand you want the current guy to step up and see you are not just waiting( I haven't read your blog, but from what you said).

I want to see Ironman too! also the new Will Smith movie coming out.

Leenie, a wedding, sounds exciting. I was planning my son's wedding last year at this time, can't beleive his anniversary is coming, 7/7!!

Suzzie CONGRATS! You are CUTE and you definitely deserve someone who appreciates you. I happy that you were spontaneous and said yes. Don't wait around for anyone.

I think I am going to say I am officially in onederland. Nothing like a liquid diet to kick start weight lose! I am scheduled to see the doc next Wednesday, I am sure I need an unfill, so it is liquids for the next week. No big Mother's day brunch for me!

Happy Tuesday everyone :-).

Yeah, I think I am trying to move away from guy #1. It's so hard, cause I've been obsessed about him for over 2 years... he is everything I thought I wanted in a man... he wants everything I want in life... except a commited relationship. And well, I'm a commitment phobe - so I held things up for the first year. Now I'm just growing tired. He never has time for me and I ... well, I'm moving on.

Guy #2 is sweet and funny. And, like I said, we've been internet and text friends for a year. We've talked on the phone numberous times too. So, we'll see.

About the 'kewl Aunt' - Ugh... my 11 - almost 12 year old niece left her Bebo open on my computer (kinda like a myspace or facebook) and of course I snooped. Now I feel bad.. but I read her mail to/from her friends... 10, 11, and 12 year olds using the F bomb and other language... and she was writing to her bf and other friends about 'making out'!! They are all going to Worlds of Fun (think Six Flags-ish style amusement park) this Saturday with my nephews Wrestling group and she wrote that she is 'ready' to 'makeout' with her bf there! They plan on 'making out' in the cyclone!! I'm like Hmmm. Should I tell my sis in law??? I just don't think 11 year olds should be doing that. Maybe I"m behind the times here... but I was totally playing barbies when I was 11!! Sure... my barbies were having sex - but I wasn't!!!!!!

MISSY - congrats on ONEDERLAND!!!! liquid diet or not - you have fought hard to get there!! How is DH doing?

I agree with Stef...I glad that you went on a date and had a good time....What's even greater--is that you FELT CUTE!!! We tend to have a better time when we're comfortable with ourselves....

Stef--I thought about you when I saw a news story about a cop in Florida who wrecked her police car and didn't remember it. She blamed it on a sleep aid....that's scarry!!!!

I think I am going to say I am officially in onederland. Nothing like a liquid diet to kick start weight lose! I am scheduled to see the doc next Wednesday, I am sure I need an unfill, so it is liquids for the next week. No big Mother's day brunch for me!

CONGRATS FOR WONDERLAND!!!! isn't it a great feeling!?!?!?!??!