Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Do you all watch the biggest loser? I was so glad that Ali won, however I was routing for Kelly too. She looked Fantastic last night. do you think her x was really sick? Probably could not face her hot self! Most of the others were fantastic too.

Janine: DH and I watch it religiously. I was amazed at Roger! When he got voted in I thought "great, no woman winner this year either"...but was so glad to see Ali win, although I was routing for Kelly.

I watched BL. I was glad a woman won... but would have preferred Kelly won. Ali kinda got on my nerves... but she does look GREAT and deserved to win. As for Kellys ex husband, I don't think he was sick. I think he probably didn' t lose any weight and didn't want to have to face everyone and the scales. I kinda feel bad for him.

Suz, way to go on the 102!!!!!!!! You rock!! Yeah, I agree with Paul. I think he didn't lose anything or gained and so he didn't show. His family really weren't supportive of him when they went home for the holidays and were shoving TRAYS of food at him. Can't imagine he'd do to good being back home with them.

Awwe crap :crying:

I TVO'd it and hadn't watched it yet. I will be watching it tonight to see their transformations!! I am so happy a woman won!!!!! I preferred Ali over Kelly's whining so that makes me happy! I think the slug-ex had too many issues and probably didn't lose any more weight. He needs counseling as much as the diet/exercise help.

Gen, The transformations were amazing! Not a Jackie fan, but she even looked amazing! I was so excited to see who won out of the voted-off's! In case you haven't watched I won't give that surprise away. I think Paul and his entire family/entourage need counseling.

-----

I know I am stress-eating this week. I'm trying to stop myself...but not having much success. I can't go back to my doc because my insurance doesn't cover him since we switched ins. companies in January so I need to switch. I could use another small fill but will have to wait.

My BF's mother died suddenly yesterday morning. Long story, but she'd survived a rare form of breast cancer a few years back, last Sept. it came back but was in many places in her body in her bones. In March she was sitting on the toilet and couldn't get up, turns out the cancer attacked her femur and it broke. She had surgery to repair and put in pins etc., but they didn't give her blood thinners. She was in hosp a week after surgery, two weeks in a rehab type of place and went home last Thurs. Her daughter's birthday was Friday and she started having trouble breathing (they thought it might be her asthma) and sent her by ambulance to area hospital Mon. morning. She had blood clots in the main artery to her lungs...and was lucky to be alive. After a few more tests they put her in ICU with heparin and couldn't put in a filter in her leg because she absolutely couldn't breathe while lying flat. They thought the remaining small clot in her leg wouldn't dislodge due to her being immobile in hospital, so we went home. My BF called me at 3am, mom had stopped breathing, heart stopped. I took off to meet her at hospital (45 min. away). By the time she got there, she was gone. She was like my second mother, also my mom's best friend. So I'm stress-eating over that and my job.

Beckie - I'm sorry to hear about your BF's mom passing. I was just notified that a dear friend suddenly passed away yesterday. I understand how you are feeling and the eating thing. I am absolutely NOT hungry, but I want to eat so bad I can't hardly stand it. Why does food help shove down the feelings? HUGS and prayers to you, your BF and his family.

Gen

Oh Beckie! Thats awful. From the moment I read about the trouble breathing I was sure she had a clot in her lung too. So sad. Thats also how my Grandma died a few years back, about 3 weeks after having a hip replacement. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Beckie~ I'm so sorry about your BF's mom passing. Cancer is such a terrible ugly disease. I just lost a very good friend to cancer a few weeks ago. She was a single mom with a 6 year old little boy. It was the worst funeral I've ever attended. Stay strong! I heart goes out to you.

beckie God Bless to you and your BF. Losing a Mom is painful! She will need her friends and family...and don't beat yourself up for emotional eating. The first step is you are aware it is happening!!

BLoser...I agree about Paul. I really thought it was strange that Kelly went on the show with him. but maybe that helped her get on, so good for her! She can now move away from that emotional roller coaster! Paul needs help, more than losing weight! Very sad. Kelly looks GREAT.

The weather has been wonderful this week which has allowed me to walk with my dh and doggies. I really enjoy getting out and doing it, it is the cold sloppy weather that makes me hide!

I have been having issues eating some foods, even fish. yesterday I had eaten a few bites of a quiche I made. It would not go down. I did not throw up, but it was girgling. I went into someones office to discuss something and the two woman were like, " what is going on over there!!" They could hear it! I started to laugh, they both know I had the surgery. I have had it happen in a meetng, and try not to eat or drink to much when I will be in a meeting for it is loud sometimes, and just comes out. does anyone else experience that!! it is like your band is talking...

Have a GREAT DAY!

Yes Janine! My band talks back to me too. Lol. It seems to always happen when I'm around people who do NOT know about my band!! Lol. It is loud and weird... there is no predicting it, or stopping it. Haha. I just laugh it off...

Beckie sorry for your loss. My family had the homegoing celebration for my grandmother yesterday. It was a wonderful service. With God's help you and your BF will get thruough it---not over it--just through it.

Be blessed

I tried to remain conscious of what I was eating during this time, so that I wouldn't "stress eat"---however the cakes looked SOOOOOOOOOOO good!! I know that I ate wwwwaaaayyyy more than I should---UUURRRGGGHHH!!!

Where's Stef?

I voted too ! I wish my cat was loveable. All she does is bite nowadays. Can't even pet her and she's grabbing ya. I have terrible luck with animals. I love them, but they end up costing me an arm and a leg.

I never had much luck with cats either :D

I love my puppies though!!! I have a sheltie that is the biggest sissy ever, I have a maltese/pomeranian mix that is just a bratty little boy, and I have a pekingnese that I adopted last year when I volunteered at the SPCA. I would have more if DH would let me!!!!

I'll have to get DH to send me pictures so I can upload my other "babies"!!

Yes. everyone should post pics of their pets. :D

I have these two cats, and then I have my dog, which lives with my mom. One of these days I'll own a hosue with a yard and will have dogs that I can keep. Lol.

Okay...here are the pics from my last two rides. I should have taken tons more pics, but on Tour Dallas I was having so much fun that I kept forgetting to take pics, and on Lancaster I was having so much NOT fun from all the hills that I didn't care about pics! LOL

Anyhow, here they are...I didn't do them justice.

[ame=http://www.slide.com/r/3TMUkgJh4z-aU7kH5mDDXfTsXe6iIaVq?previous_view=lt_embedded_url]Tour Dallas: April 5, 2008 by robbieandstef[/COLO"]Tour Dallas: April 5, 2008 by robbieandstef@@AMEPARAM@@http://widget-ac.slide.com/p1/288230376168156076/lt_t054_v000_s0un_f00/images/xslide1.gif@@AMEPARAM@@ac@@AMEPARAM@@288230376168156076@@AMEPARAM@@lt_t054_v000_s0un_f00[/ame]

[ame=http://www.slide.com/r/0t-HTCfB7j-ax0HK487K3Loi2CfmhD99?previous_view=lt_embedded_url]Lancaster Country Ride: April 12, 2008 by robbieandstef[/COLO"]Lancaster Country Ride: April 12, 2008 by robbieandstef@@AMEPARAM@@http://widget-ef.slide.com/p1/288230376168156143/lt_t043_v000_s0un_f00/images/xslide1.gif@@AMEPARAM@@ef@@AMEPARAM@@288230376168156143@@AMEPARAM@@lt_t043_v000_s0un_f00[/ame]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still in the process of recreating y'alls plans. My laptop got fried in the storms last week and it's in the shop. I'm back to using my desktop and it is a pain in the butt. Sorry it's taking so long!

And storms again tonight?!?!? Tons of hail, storm sirens going off all over town....I hope we are not in for more of what we got last week!