Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Well I got another fill today. And let me tell you guys, it was long over due. As I kind of figured I did gain weight, lots of weight. I was kind of bummed out when I found out how much, but today the PA did my fill and said he took care of me and gave me a pretty hefty fill and made me feel much better. He said the doc only puts 1/4 - 1/2 cc in at a time and because I lost a lot weight fast he was going very light with my fills.

You see my doc won’t tell us how much he is putting in because he says we start to worry more about the amount of cc and not really what the band is doing. I still don’t know how much I have but the PA told me I got twice the amount that was all ready in there from the other 3 fills. He said I should defiantly feel something now.

This is the first time I felt like I had to drink the Water slow. I felt the pressure in my chest as the water went down, I only felt the pressure for less than 10 secs so I am not really worried about it being to tight but I defiantly feel I am going to get more out of this fill than any other. I did have some V8 and it went down much slower than the water and I defiantly felt it (pressure) I don’t go back to real food till Friday so I will find out more then how this fill reacts with food (Can’t wait).

Yay for a good fill!! I've been thinking that I need another one... I've been eating 'around' my band alot lately though, so I want to try getting myself back on track before I run for a fill.

2 days without ice cream now... and I'm really wanting it. Haha. I think it's like heroin!

Oh, Suzzzie...I'm so proud of you for those two days! Me, I've been so tight, and for the last couple days I've been eating ice cream after I got stuck on the good food. So horrible of me...so I understand how awesome that is that you have abstained for two days!

Thanks Stef. It is hard. Not only has ice cream ALWAYS been my most favorite comfort food, but it is so easy to eat when nothing else will go down now. I had some Bear Naked peak Protein granola and fresh pineapple for lunch and then some veggie lasagna for dinner. I feel good. I did have to have more granola for a snack after dinner to satisfy my head hunger. I just 'need' the hand-to-mouth somedays. Maybe I should start smoking? haha. J/K!

No, no, no! No smoking! (I know you are kidding, though.) I quit last November after smoking for 25 years...and I am SO glad I did! (Yes, I was "oh-so-cool" at 15 years of age and smoking. Jeez, what a dummy, huh?)

I think ice cream has played a much larger role since this last fill than any other time in my life. It was so incredibly tight, and yes ice cream goes down when nothing else will. Now I've had a slight unfill and it's much better, but I still have issues with it locking down when I'm stressed or overtired. Maybe a coincidence? I'm trying to get a fix on that. At any rate, the ice cream is still too close a friend!

I have a really tight fill also. Could barely get down Tomato Soup for the past two days and was starting to panic. However, I now drink hot herbal tea with 'mushies' and am able to get in nutrients again. I know I should probably get an unfill - that's what I'd advise you guys but I want to hold off for a few weeks to see if it slackens.

However, if I PB again this week, I'm off to the doc's regardless of cost. It's bloody annoying that chocolate, ice-cream etc. are suitable for tight fills. I dodged the choc this time 'round but Easter is just around the corner.

CD I think you got your weight off through hard work more than the band. The fact that you put weight on means that the band couldn't do its job. Take pea sized bites and chew. You'll have the weight back off in no time. I always lose a lot after a fill.

Cap--don't beat yourself up!! You probably think that it's a lot of weight, but I'm guessing it's really not. Put it all in perspective.

Speaking of fills....I am scheduled to get a fill today. I've been hungry in between meals and my weight isn't moving....GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!? I actually got stuck on refried Beans last night!!!! What tha heck???????????

I was thinking...is this a sign that I'm tightening up after all this time? (Haven't had a fill since Jan.).....but anywho...I'm getting the fill and going below 200lbs.

About the ice cream....I don't buy it...I love it....I'm not disciplined enough to have it in the house....No chips, Cookies or ice cream....I do buy the 100 calorie packs of stuff...but I shouldn't...when I eat 2-3 packs within an hour--I'm defeating the purpose!!! You think???? DUH!!!

Have a great day!!!

Yea Captain Danbo!!!! Nothing like a good fill :biggrin:

BigBaby - I seem to tighten up just before I'm going in for my next fill - I think I'm trying to psych myself out. I go anyway and so far it has always worked out well. Good luck on getting a GREAT fill!

I drank 3 cups of Water yesterday! I have got to get to the store for some things to drink!! I was a HUGE diet coke fanatic before banding. I gave up the sodas the week prior to surgery (to show my DH my commitment). If it's not coffee, I pretty much don't want it these days!

INSUB - I getcha about not wanting that unfill. I waited three weeks before getting mine. Got a nice surprise there...no charge for unfills! She left 60% of the fill and it's been pretty good. I'm happy with it and losing well. My NP was a little upset that I waited three weeks, though, because I lost too much during that time. (According to her it was too much...no me! LOL)

BIGBABY - Good luck with your fill today! You're probably just tight from thinking about it. That's my latest theory, and so far it's holding true...stress wrenches the band tighter for me. Thank goodness I don't stress over too much.

CAPTAIN DANBO - Happy to hear you got your fill. You should be right back on track now. I know it was a badge of honor to have basically lost all that weight via your discipline, but there's nothing wrong with using the band to it's potential! You're still our June 2007 Poster Child! LOL

BigBaby - I can eat a whole box of 100 cal packs. Lol. I love the Lorna Doone Cookies. Haha. Yeah, I don't buy those anymore.

So.. I was at the dollar general store this evening... I was going to go to Walmart to get catfood, but decided NOT to go there cause it always ends up being a $100 trip. Haha. Anyway, so I was at the dollar store for cat food... I ended up walking around the sweets isles cause I'm a sugar addict. I had my hands on cookies, candies, chocolates, cookie dough, and then I looked up at the ice cream freezer. OMG. I snapped out of it quick and just paid for my cat food and left. Lol. I can't let myself replace ice cream with something else, that would defeat the purpose!! I do have some 'dum-dum' suckers here if the sugar craving gets too bad. Haha

Suzz---count that as a VICTORY!!!!!! Yea--no ice cream!!! Not that I'm trying to replace your addiction--but have you considered Giletto (sp?) the italian ice cream...it's suppose to be no fat and much better than ice cream.

I got my fill yesterday. .3cc (i think). I already have 7. It's funny--just sitting hear at the computer has caused my band to tighten...I actually feel it in my chest---and I'm not eating. My band has a mind of its own!!!

Have a great day

I'm sensing a theme here....no ice cream!! lol I've been trying like heck to abstain from sugar this week to encourage my 19 yo. He's been having a tough time and his weight has been creeping up. Come to think of it, so has dh's. WTH? So we are all trying to cut out the junk. It's amazing how much of it can creep back in and you don't realize it until you tell yourself NO JUNK! I'm so ready for these next 35 pounds to come off...don't know why I'm waiting.....what is wrong with me? If I could cut it out, I would prob lose without working out. I'm soooo not ready to get my big ass on my bike!

My fill is starting to loosen up too. The prob with getting a fill is I am just now getting over the excruciating heartburn. Does anyone else get that? It's not that I can't eat, it's slow going and can only eat a little, but the heartburn is something else.

I'm still thinking new fill for me... I need to call the center and find out how much money I still owe them. Haha. I'm sure they'll fill me anyway, but I do need to know if I owe from the last one. I got an invoice from my insurance company that said I would owe the center like $800!! I was freaked out, but they've never billed me, and that was in early Feb...

This is day 4 with no ice cream - And my bitch of a friend I was with today kept teasing me about going to Cold Stone!! I told her I was going to bash her face into the sidewalk. :embaressed_smile: I'm so dainty.

Seriously though... at this rate I think I am planning a birthday party for myself AT Cold Stone. Haha. Like it, Love it, Gotta have it!

Congrats to you Rhonda for trying to abstain from the stuff too! It really is hard!! I did have a 1/2 sugar cookie from Starbucks today - they are big cookies! I'm such a sugar addict. And I have mini-tootsie roll pops for my sugar cravings at home to keep me from running to the store to get something really bad. I remember frommy WW days that the mini tootsie pops were only 1/2 a "point".

OK. I'm off to the gym!! I seriously don't think I've been there in like 2 months. No wonder I haven't lost any weight! I'd eat 2 gallons of ice cream a week and not exercise! It's a miracle I didn't GAIN weight!

PS - I DO get heartburn if I eat anything with onions or garlic... or anything with a hint of spice!! I totally miss 'buffalo' things! I have this great 'buffalo' sauce I used to put on EVERYTHING! Wahhhh!!!!!!!

Hello everyone! I went for a fill today. Haven't been in for 3 months. I was disappointed that I was only down 6 pounds since Jan. 3. My doc did a very aggressive fill for me. I had actually lost some fill (How does that happen anyway?) I'm now at 3.25cc in my 4 cc band. He has me going back as needed from now on which is nice. Especially since it's a 3 hour drive one way. OMG ~ I'm on liquids and feel as though I could eat my own arm right now. Just had some instant carnation Breakfast drink. Hopefully that will satisfy until morning.

Steph ~ I ordered 2 boxes of the pb supreme Protein Bars. They were sent out today. I can hardly wait! YUM!

Oh ~ Did I mention I went shopping for jeans today? I fit into a freakin size 14. I nearly messed myself :embaressed_smile: Of course when I look into the mirror all I see is fat. Does that ever change?