Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Suzzzie, I was intreigued by your talking about the body bugg. I just ordered one. Gosh I love electronic devices and gadgets. This sounds great and I can't wait to try it. Thanks Again you are a wealth of information. Sheila

So sorry about your Baby!!!!!! Your post made my heart break for you....hope you are feeling a little better with each passing day.

XOXOX,

Toni

rhonda...I am so sorry about your puppy! :) My dh and I are going to court in Nov in regards to one of our dogs. He is about two, a mutt we adopted from a rescue. My dh had him out front and he ran in the road after a man walking. He startled the dog and the man fell. nothing else happened. the guy was physically fine. The dog did not bite or touch him. But the guy called the animal control and he pressed for us to be charged and to go to court. My dh is very upset. He wanted to charge us with a "dangerous dog" but the officer said that she would not do this for there was no bite. We agree that we should not have had our dog out, but this guy is going to far! I am a dog person, and feel your sadness.

bbaby I agree to be sure to drink and if you can get fluids down and eat a little bit, to hang on. I responding from what I read not my own experience. I have yet to pbing, but have had food stuck and slimed a little. the food usually will go down. I need to eat slower, smaller bites and chew. I think this is so hard for us for we are use to enhalling food!!!

suzzzie I will have to look into your new buddy! I never heard of a body bug? where do you put it on your body? I have not looked it up yet.

How are you feeling Toni? glad to see you chatting in. I have been busy the last few days, 3 pages later!!!

Hey guys/gals!! I know it's been a VERY long time since I've been in here sorry :-( I'm in such a quandry on what to do here!! I feel like I NEED a fill badly but I'm scared to death to get one after what happened w/ my last fill! I dunno if you all remember that ordeal or not but if you don't.... I got something stuck bigtime 1wk after the fill and then spent the next 2 1/2 wks on liquids UGH It was horrible to say the least! Anyway my quandry is this ... I have a cousin getting married in 2 wks and then the holidays are close on the heels of that and I don't want to eat 1 bite of turkey and be full I want to be able to "enjoy" a little of it ya know? But then again I want to loose my 100 by Christmas!! HMMMM So there you have it!! I PB pretty often now (usually 4-6 times per wk) but it's usually my fault cause I'm eating to fast or something!! I'm able to eat way to much but I'm not eating very often and I feel fine w/ that. For example yesterday I had my shake for b-fast, 1 1/2 slices of pizza (the 1/2 was just toppings no crust) then for dinner I had some pork roast w/ potatoes and carrots. That was it all day! As far as I know I'm still loosing (haven't weighed in over a wk) my clothes are still looking good on my yadda yadda just don't know what to do....

Choose the weight loss over the food. Who cares? There will be many more Thanksgivings but you only get one first year with a band. Look up some sad stats on turkeys or something.

Maybe we don't need a great quantity of food. Maybe just a few bites is enough. It's still the same taste whether you eat a bit or a vast amount. Maybe we have to enjoy tastes of things. We have been having our (whole) cake and eating it too for so long.

Then again, what am I talking about? Choose the food!

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time. I had probs soon after a fill but it settled down later. Liquids suck.

Holliwagz I think if it were me, I would not have the fill. If you are pbing from the fill that you have, you probably need to wait until you get this one under control.

Thanks insub and sc!! I'm gonna go weigh in today to see where I'm at on the scale and make a decision based on that hmmm I sure hope it's good news!! LOL I have been to the gym Mon and today and they are starting me on cardio for 2 wks which in a way sucks because I've been doing Water aerobics which is cardio for about 2-3 months hmm Oh well I will eventually get to the weights and start toning some of this flabby skin!! UGH I've already told my hubby to start saving for ALLLLLLLLL the plastic surgery I'm gonna have!! LOL

suzzzie I will have to look into your new buddy! I never heard of a body bug? where do you put it on your body? I have not looked it up yet.

Janine - Yes, check into the body bugg if you are motivated my numbers (cals burned and cals eaten) By the time I got home from work I uploaded my activity and I only have 45 more cals to burn for the day - and I still need to eat about 500 cals!! And, since I took 8 flights of stairs twice today (up twice and down twice) that helped my step count! You know, people should get 10,000 steps a day, well by 4:30pm I'd already taken 7626 steps!!! Its just so awesome to know where I stand calorie wise and also to see what activity burns more calories! I was SHOCKED to see that I burnedd more calories walking 3/4 mile to my car after work (we get bussed, but I chose to walk today) than I did taking 8 flights of stairs! Lol!!

Anyway my quandry is this ... I have a cousin getting married in 2 wks and then the holidays are close on the heels of that and I don't want to eat 1 bite of turkey and be full I want to be able to "enjoy" a little of it ya know? But then again I want to loose my 100 by Christmas!! HMMMM So there you have it!! I PB pretty often now (usually 4-6 times per wk) but it's usually my fault cause I'm eating to fast or something!! I'm able to eat way to much but I'm not eating very often and I feel fine w/ that.

Holliwags - I agree where someone else said that you already know what turkey tastes like! Lol. My grandma has always stopped eatting after a few bites of a certain food. She would say "I know what that tastes like now, I can move on." I was kinda thinking the other day that I'm going to be depressed at thanksgiving cause I KNOW I will get stuck and probably PB if I try to eat the stuffing my granny makes! (Its the BEST!) I'm sad that I won't be able to eat 50 Peanut Butter balls that my sis in law makes... Wait, maybe I'm glad about that one! Lol!!!

Anyway, my point is this: You've had many many Thanksgivings before... you know hwat Turkey and everything else tastes like. You love it- which is part of the reason you got the band! Go to Thanksgiving and enjoy your FAMILY! Food is just what brings you together... but the company is why we enjoy ourselves!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

I'm so so so happy today!

Until today no one at work has noticed my weightloss - or at least not said anything about it. But I was showing off my body bugg to one co-worker and then a few others heard and came up to me. Well, the more I talked about it the more people started saying "I noticed you've lost weight, whatever you're doing is really working!" OMG, yo! That was totally awesome to hear! One nurse said to me "I didn't want to mention your weightloss before cause I didn't know if you'd want to talk about it! Lol. (remember, no one knows I have the band!) So it was awesome. ANd since no one knows about the band I don't have to hear constantly about how the band is the 'easy' way and stuff. They all know I take the stairs at work and that I go to the gym and that I watch what I eat. :) I'm just on cloud NINE!

holli I understand the pressure you feel with the events coming up. this summer I had my son's wedding on July 7, weeks after entering band land and then to the beach the end of August. But I decided not having a fill would be better for I would atleast be able to have some food, rather than no food.

In addition you have been pbing several times still, regardless if you think it is due to your eathing ways, your doc may think you need an unfill.

I know thanksgiving and christmas are great holiday's surrounding food, but more the reason to be in control.

talk to your doc and see what they say.

suzzie GREAT for you... it is so nice when others notice your success. your new gadget sounds cool.

Hey All, Wow thanks, for all the information you guys are great. I went for my fluoroscopy today. Wow what a great tool. I could see the barium going through to my band and stopping, after he put saline in. so he slowly pulls out the saline till it looks like the barium is spitting out past the band and then he stops pulling it out. Wow I'm impressed. hope I'm tight enough now. I have 1.66 cc in now I guess time will tell. Thanks for letting me sound off about all this.

Sheila

Bloody hell! I'm normally really good diet-wise choosing healthy nutritious stuff but when I'm seriously PMSing, watch out. Some months it's OK, mostly bad but sometimes it's absolutely wicked and it's as though my body is screaming from the cells to the universe.

I got up, switched on the oven and put a 'lite' apple pie in (single serve pies thank goodness). I had a shower and made a coffee and ate hot pie with about 20 pieces of dark almond chocolate.

I have been able to pace myself easily lately with junk food and the like and could be trusted with these things in the house. Not anymore! I'm pacman and hungry hungry hippo rolled into one.

I'm not going to beat myself up. Two months ago, my PMS was just fine and I didn't feel to many 'urges' and resisted all sugar etc. but its definitely a real thing. I have never eaten an apple pie for Breakfast before.

Thank for all the tips and help! I went yesterday and weighed (drum roll please) I had lost another 9 lbs!!! Sooo I talked to the lady there and she said I needed to make an appt w/ the Dr but that he would probably not want to do a fill since I'm still loosing so well! She also said that IF I were to get a fill since I already have 2.4 cc in that I should only get .2 - .4 added! Soooo with that in mind I dunno if I would want to fool with it for just that little bit hmmm Oh well he is out of town for the next 2 wks so I will have till after the wedding to "think about it" hehehe I just can't believe that I've lost 84lbs since May!! Just totally blows my mind! I came to visit family yesterday and some of them haven't seen me at all during my journey some not since surgery and some since I lost like 50lbs SOOOOOOO needless to say they all were like WOWOWOW You look sooo awesome!! hehe Which coming from my cousin who is 112lb soaking wet that felt pretty good!! She said I look like I did when I was 16!! I was like AWWW Thanks! :-) Ok I will shut up for now! You all have a great day!!

Hi all - hope everyone is doing well!

Haven't had much to say lately, just chugging along.

Insub - don't beat yourself up. I feel like I am in a constant battle with my body a week out of every month. I HAD to have a Reese's Peanut Butter cup last night. I went to the store to get pads, so I thought it was fitting that I get the candy also. I got one of the big cups, but it took me a little while to eat the whole thing. I rarely eat anything like that anymore, so I am not going to stress over it. I am a far cry from over stuffing myself at every meal now, so I figure it is okay every once in awhile.

Holliwagz - It does feel amazing to be down 84lbs. I am far from skinny, but I definitely feel like I can see it from where I now :-). It is nice to go shopping and NOT have to pick up the biggest thing on the rack and hope that it fits.