Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I have a question for all of you who have had fills. I just got my first one a month ago because my port needed to be fixed. When I went for my follow up after surgery last week I asked the doctor how much he put in and he said "probably 1 cc". I will have to call the office and see what size band I have and exactly how much it is filled. My question is normally I think I can eat more than all of you say you eat. Now when I work out I feel hungry all day, like nothing will satify me. Does anyone else have that issue?

I have a 10cc band, and have had 3 fills = 7cc total right now. I'm at a great spot - almost what I'd call my sweet spot, so I declined a fill last week when I went to the doc!

With THAT being said... my first fill was 4cc... and i felt NOTHING! and my second fill was 2cc... and I only felt the tiniest bit of restriction with certain foods, and could still eat a horse!

Hang in there and get fills as often as you are allowed. You'll get to your sweet spot soon enough!

I think I have 8.5 (or so) in a 10cc and feel restriction. food choices are also important. I could only eat a third of a Chinese takeaway (without rice) but if I put in in a blender, I could probably eat the lot.

Soft stuff is easy to eat but easy to overeat also.

Insub! You are so right about soft stuff! That is the main reason I have taken to eating Soups when I dine out with friends... otherwize I can only eat about 3-4 bites and am done! I don't mind only eating small amounts, but it makes my friends feel weird to not have me eat more. Lol. I've had friends say 'OMG! You can't eat anything now!' (Duh, that was the point of the band! Haha!)

suzzzie GREAT total WL. glad you were able to get your ticker updated, the visual helps Celebrate:whoo:!! Enjoy your NSV with the clothes!!

nv you most likely need a fill. Like the others said, it takes a while to get there. I have 6cc in my 10cc and feel some restriction but not to the point of only accepting 3 bites! However, I want to get to the sweet spot, but I don't want to be pbing either. Some docs will put in tiny bits at a time. if you only have 1cc, I am thinking your band size is not a 10 but a 4 something? when is your next appointment? My three fills were 4 weeks apart. I don't have another appointment until December, 8 weeks, and my NP told me to make an appointment for a flouro fill in between if I feel I need it. All docs are different.

stef/suzzzie I looked at the bracelets, they are designer!! Like you suzzie I never thought of wearing one because I did not want a sign on me for that, but now that I see the nice ones, I think I will go for it! I wish I new a beader like Stef to make me different ones! I am thinking at the mall and some stores, you could buy the beaded ristlets that are availbalbe for watches and they would be the same? Stef, what do you think??

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your kind words. I've felt great this last week. Hopefully that never happens again.

I didn't have alot of room on my medical alert Bracelet so here's what I put "AGB, no tube w/o scope" Now most people wont know what AGB stands for but they will know not to be a tube in without a scope so that's the important part. I'm really glad that I had mine. the paramedics didn't look at it, since I was conscious, but they asked me about it.

There's a really nice site called "Lauren's Hope" that has wonderful medical alert bracelets. I've also seen them on Ebay.

Dawn

Missy I just have to thank you for telling me to go back and read your husbands experiences. I went to the doctor yesterday after reading up on H Pylori and he is now sending me to a gastroenterologist to be tested for H Pylori which he came up with on his own. I took all the literature out of my purse and he was shocked. In the meantime as I wait for an appointment, he perscribed and acid blocker which has helped a lot. If this is what I have, I must not have it as bad as your husband because off and on I can eat. When it flares up I eat nothing. I was at my wits end because I knew it was not esophogial spasms and that is what they kept saying it was. I would have one good week and one bad. I kept track of the flare ups and it seems the lemonade I enjoy so much sets me off. Again thanks for the advise. I feel like I'm on the road to recovery even if I haven't seen the doctor yet. I'm at work today for the first full day in about a week. :clap2: I will keep your husband in my prayers and hope he is doing better.

Well I went to my Doc today to get my 3rd fill and found out something. I AM 3 LBS PAST MY GOAL!!!! I still feel like I am eating to much (no less than 2 cups per meal) but the doc really did not want to do another fill in fear of me losing to much weight. He says because of how active I am eating more than 2 cups is ok he even said if I could try to eat alittle more to try to get my weight to level out. Anyway today was a good day and I thought you guys would like to hear.

stella: how did you visit go? Did your sis get a unfill or no. I have to go back on oct 20th for them to take some pics for the new web site I think they plan to post a pic of me on the site. I think that would be pretty cool. Anyhow it was good to see you guys hope all goes well.

You Go Captain!!!!

That's Wonderful News!!! You Are Truly An Inspiration To Us All.....i Am In Need Of A Fill Bad..thank God I Have An Appointment For Tomorrow....

Well I went to my Doc today to get my 3rd fill and found out something. I AM 3 LBS PAST MY GOAL!!!! I still feel like I am eating to much (no less than 2 cups per meal) but the doc really did not want to do another fill in fear of me losing to much weight. He says because of how active I am eating more than 2 cups is ok he even said if I could try to eat alittle more to try to get my weight to level out. Anyway today was a good day and I thought you guys would like to hear.

stella: how did you visit go? Did your sis get a unfill or no. I have to go back on oct 20th for them to take some pics for the new web site I think they plan to post a pic of me on the site. I think that would be pretty cool. Anyhow it was good to see you guys hope all goes well.

Dan! You SUCK and we all hate you!!!

Just kidding!!!!

DUDE!!! YOU freaking ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Will you lose some of my weight for me? Lol. :whoo:

We did want to hear CD. You have done so amazingly well sticking to the pre-op like you did. Also, it's good to know that you don't have to continue starving yourself on liquids to lose the weight. It's something that a lot of us are not sure about. It's so cool that your doc said 2 cups is too little if you're at goal and still losing. I think you have inspired me to work a little bit harder to get what I want. I can't wait to get to goal. Can you believe that you're now a thin guy? It must be a trip.

I want to thank all you guys for the help along the way with this. This weight loss has been the hardest thing I have ever done and I think coming on this Forum and reading how and what everyone is doing has been a huge help. Losing all this weight has been a trip but what has even been a bigger trip is that I have actually inspired people to work harder and it really makes me feel even better about myself. Thank you guys

nv you most likely need a fill. Like the others said, it takes a while to get there. I have 6cc in my 10cc and feel some restriction but not to the point of only accepting 3 bites! However, I want to get to the sweet spot, but I don't want to be pbing either. Some docs will put in tiny bits at a time. if you only have 1cc, I am thinking your band size is not a 10 but a 4 something? when is your next appointment? My three fills were 4 weeks apart. I don't have another appointment until December, 8 weeks, and my NP told me to make an appointment for a flouro fill in between if I feel I need it. All docs are different.

My next appointment isn't until November 14th. I think when I call to check on my band size and how much I have in it I will ask to move the appointment up. I think I have done great losing up to this point with my first fill being on 9/7, but I feel like I need more restriction.

JoJo - I hope you don't have H.Pylori, but if you do I wish you a speedy diagnosis. Hubby finished his first round of antibiotics/Prevecid on Friday. He felt a little better, but by Sunday, things were burning again. He saw the doc on Monday and started on another 14 day regimen. They say it can take 2 or 3 rounds of drugs to clear it up. Hopefully he will keep progressing.

CB you ROCK. I hope you will still hang around with us!

Not much to report, I am up to 80lbs loss which I love. A lot of stress though with planning for the job, moving, kids school and selling the house - especially the selling part because the Realtor said it will probably be at least 6 months! I have contacted several of those we will pay cash for your home places though, so hopefully I can work a deal with them.

hope everyone is having a good week. Keep pushing your docs for fills and get to your sweet spot. It is so worth it!