Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

That's so great you got the job. They certainly went to a lot of effort to get you. I love that you just 'fessed up Missy.

Ingrid, if you're going to Sydney, I would be happy to meet you for lunch or dinner. I meet with bandsters all the time here and all experiences have been great. You'll have no problem in business class. It's awesome, though expensive. Insist on that fill. I don't see why they would withhold one if you're not too tight. Why wait to stop losing weight? It doesn't make sense.

Suzzie, you're weight loss is amazing.

I have also lost a surprising amount this week. Maybe because I just got a fill and then PB'd and then spent 48 hours on liquids. I always do things the hard way.

Hi Insubordination. I would love to meet you as well. I will let you know later the exact dates. That will be really great. I just love Sydney. Can't wait to get to Oz.

thanks Suzzzie - we should try to get together before we move. You are right I am sure we could all share and have left overs.

Thanks Insub - it was the most time I have spent interviewing before. I really didn't know what else to say! But more motive to keep the weight loss up!

I think I am actually a little too tight, but it could be because of all the travel and excitement going on, so I am going to hang with it. I see my surgeon on Monday and I am going to take the bowl I usually eat out of to show him how little I eat and see what he thinks. Unfortunately it may be my last time with him, but I know there are surgeons in Nashville, because our largest facility there does the band. We almost traveled there to get it done before one of our facilities started doing them in KC. (I work for HCA) I am okay being a little too tight as long as I am not causing damage. I can eat and drink without pain and I love the weight loss. 75lbs down this morning!

Have a great Sunday everyone. I have to get ready for the little one's party!

GO CHIEFS!

suzzie you are doing great!!! I am sorry about your grey hair! I was premature gray in my early 20's. First one pulled out in college. I held out coloring my hair until I turned 30. I did not want to look old. At age 48, who knows what it looks like under this color!!

missy great about the JOB!!! I know it must be exciting and scary at the same time. I have changed jobs, but never out of state. It sounds like you planned it all out. How did the Chiefs do?

Go REDSKINS!!!!!!! We are finally winning games! I will keep my fingers crossed.

I have my doc appointment today at 10 am. I am hoping for a small fill. I will see what happens. I will write later!

I hope some of you are off today to enjoy a 3 day weekend!! I am! sometimes it is great being a government employee.

Missy you and I seem to be in the same spot as far as weight loss wanted and where we are. Nice to see. I've been worried because I've been so sick. I've been loosing lots of weight which encourages me to keep going but I'd rather loose slower and not be sick. Last week they took all the fill out of my band to try and make the nausea and dry heaves stop. After not eating for 5 days I was finally able to eat yesterday. Today I've eaten a little but still don't feel 100%. I felt so good like two weeks ago and then went in for 2nd fill. It seems every time they touch me I get sick. They want me to come back and get a fill Wednesday but I told them I'm going to hold off for a week or two. I just don't think I can take another week of not eating if I get sick again. It is encouraging to see everyone doing so well and it keeps me thinking it will get better.

Hello all! I was banded 6/4/07 and just found this board, so far very cool place! But a little hard to navigate for me. I'll get it eventually though!

Jojo, I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick. Were you overfilled or is your band irritated? I hope they figure out what is going on.

Jaime, welcome, nice to see you posting.

I've been getting more restriction when I eat solid fibrous or tough foods, but nothing when I eat soft foods, so I'm trying to work with that. My dd's choc chip cookes got stuck with the nice cold milk on top...I was running to the bathroom. Karma I guess! LOL I wish the restriction was there to make me full faster. I can eat volumes. I'll definitely be getting that fill on the 17th, probably 1cc.

Where's Stef???????

Suzz, awesome numbers!

Missy congrats on the job. Wow, lots of new changes this year for you, how exciting, huh?

Make it a great week!

Hello all! I was banded 6/4/07 and just found this board, so far very cool place! But a little hard to navigate for me. I'll get it eventually though!

:welcomeB::welcomeB::welcomeB::welcomeB::welcomeB:

I had trouble with navigation at first too... You'll get the hang of it soon enough!!

Jaime welcome to the site! I hope you will post, share and read all our challenges. It is helpful to have each other!!

jojo I am sorry you were sick and still recovering. I went to my doctor today and asked about being sick and vomiting. I was told exactly what they did for you. that only if you are sick ongoing or more than once, you should get an unfill to help you eat and drink better. I felt better that I was ok, that I did not call. I hope you are feeling better.

I had a fill today but only .5cc, now at 6cc. I only wanted a tweak because I was already feeling restricted. I did not want to get to full. I was very upset with my weight loss, only 7lbs since the last visit 4 wks ago. I know that is because of eating bad things. I am disappointed in myself, I gained 2 lbs since I weighed a week ago, up above Onder land!!I hope this fill gets me back on track!!

hope everyone is enjoying the day!!

JoJo an JaVa -

I am following your posts and hope there is light for me at the end of the tunnel! I had a fill last Tuesday and threw up for the first time last Thursday. Then I slowly built up to solids over the weekend and was okay until this morning. Then I started throwing up after 2 ounces of cottage cheese. That calmed down and I had to drive out of town on business. I got some mashed potatoes for lunch and then things got really bad. After about 8 stops to throw up, I called the doctor. He called in a prescription for anti-nausea medicine but I can't keep the pills down. Any ideas for help on that?

I've only had about an ounce of Water in the past six hours - just a sip will cause pain in the chest and the nausea returns! I let those very bitter pills dissolve on my tongue and it deadens my whole mouth!

I think if I'm not better in the mornig, my doc is going to find someone in Houston who can do an unfill.

Oh, just let me get past this trial!! The fill process is definitely trial-and-error!

Janine - the Chiefs lost at home - very bad!

JoJo - we are almost in the exact same spot - COOL. I am sorry you have not been feeling well. If you read back you will see my husband's trial and tribulations with his journey. He is on day 10 of pills to treat H.Pylori.

CJ - saw the doc today, no fill for me and he said I am not too tight. I took a bowl with me to show him how little I eat. He said that is just about perfect, so I am happy. I have a little over 7.0 in my small AP band, I think. I had lost 14lbs since seeing him a month ago, so he said I am doing great.

Rhonda - yes exciting and scary! I had held off on another job to get the band and it was a great decision, because this new job is better and within my same company, so I keep my seniority.

Sweetthinkr - welcome! stick around we are good group.

LadyHR - have them order you a phenergan suppository. I had to use mine from when I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. It worked well to control the nausea for me. You shouldn't have to use pills.

I am off to Nashville again on Wed. Meeting with the group that will now be my peers!

Have a great week :-)

lady: that sounds really bad! Does your doc think your to tight? Someone was telling me pappya inzign helps stuff go down better but I have not had any problem so I have not took them my self. hope everything works out.

So I'm feeling better today. At 4 oz at dinner and felt good. I still have a lot of gas but it is not building up like it was causing the nausea and vomiting. I keep hoping this is it and rest will go smooth but I know I'm in for a long haul. It is helpful to read that others struggle too because it seems on the local board nobody has problems. That just frustrates me and makes me feel like there is something wrong with me. Sometimes my doctor makes me feel that way too. Not intentionally. He is great but I have to deal with the after care coordinator before I can see him and she keeps telling me it is esophogial spasms. I don't think it is.

Missy I'm going to read back on your husbands trials and tribulations. See if it help me find out what is wrong.

Rhonda I had 3 cc in a 10cc band but the after care coordinator thinks that maybe I was overfilled and it caused the problems. After the fill I had excrutiating shoulder pain but it went away in 3 to 4 days. Then I was eating lunch and got something stuck and that is when the tailspin started.

I'm not hungry so I think I'm going to hold off on a fill until I have too. I don't want to gain what I've lost so I will get filled but probably 1 cc at a time.