Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Man I hate my band! Not really but why is it so frustrating NOT to be able to eat as much as you want! I know that is the point of the band and I am very happy about my restriction. But it still PI**es me off some days!

Good morning all! If a good restriction is supposed to put us in the green zone where we feel satiety and not thinking about food, maybe you aren't in the green zone. Just maybe.

I'm still trying to figure this out. My goal, I hope, is just like the book says, not having an interest in food. I know I am there sometimes and sometimes not quite. I WANT to be there. I WANT to not be obessed with food. Maybe the band is our antibuse. You know, the drug alcoholics take. I think if someone asks me what I am doing to lose weight I'll tell them I'm on bantibuse.

People are looking, but so far no one has said anything about the weight loss. I've drop a size or two but still wear the big pants. If I hold out the waist band on my shorts I can see the floor! Couldn't do that before!

Bye for now, gotta go buy pinapple juice!

Thanks for all the daily info and support, I sincerely mean that.:car:

Good morning all! If a good restriction is supposed to put us in the green zone where we feel satiety and not thinking about food, maybe you aren't in the green zone. Just maybe.

I'm still trying to figure this out. My goal, I hope, is just like the book says, not having an interest in food. I know I am there sometimes and sometimes not quite. I WANT to be there. I WANT to not be obessed with food. Maybe the band is our antibuse. You know, the drug alcoholics take. I think if someone asks me what I am doing to lose weight I'll tell them I'm on bantibuse.

People are looking, but so far no one has said anything about the weight loss. I've drop a size or two but still wear the big pants. If I hold out the waist band on my shorts I can see the floor! Couldn't do that before!

Bye for now, gotta go buy pinapple juice!

Thanks for all the daily info and support, I sincerely mean that.:D

- I can't IMAGINE not being interested in food!! Hahaa! I think about it from the time I get up in the morning to the time I go to bed! Of course, these thoughts have mutated since I was banded... as in now I think about going to some of my fave places to eat and they don't sound as inviting just cause I know I couldn't eat as much as I want, etc...

- I said the same thing about antabuse this morning! (well, been saying it for years!)

- pineapple juice. I don't eat enough fruits/veggies, and since I'd read the pineapple juice thing before I thought maybe I could eat canned pineapple in juice! So I bought a small can (1 cup of pineapple) and was stuck on the 2nd bite. 2 spoonfulls of the juice later and i was fine. Lol. So I think that is my new snack! And I get the unsweetened one, so its only 60 cals, no fat per 1/2 cup serving. :(

Hi, everyone:

Last night I posted that I was on the coast on business and expecting a lot of rain. Well, that storm turned into Hurrican Humberto! During the middle of the night, the wind started howling and the power and phones went out in my hotel. I was on the bottom floor and Water started coming in under the air conditioning unit. Without any communication, I didn't know it had developed into a hurricane until morning when I finally ventured out of my room. A very scary, sleepless night!

Anyway, I got out of Beaumont as soon as the roads were okay and drove to Austin - I could barely stay awake. I can usually decline the amenities they give me at the hotel but today when they offered me the warm, fresh-baked cookie, I took it! Since I haven't been eating sweets, I felt miserable for hours. What a day!

Wow LadyHR! Thats some story!!

I'm heading to Houston next Thursday... I hope all the hurricane weather has passed by then!!

I'm HERE!!

Just back home from my third fill - 1cc for a total of 7cc in a 10cc band. I'm home now sipping on my Bolthouse Farms Perfectly Protein Drink (dinner)! Judy - my NP - says my weightloss is great (13.6 pounds in the past 4 weeks!) and didn't want to do a fill at all... but I begged for "just a little... please!?!" Lol. But I'm at 349, so I'm going to go ahead and adjust my ticker to that. Right now its set at 346... so, grr. I think I will use my monthly weight at the office as my 'official' and change it only then.

Well, I"m going out tonight with my cousin and some friends - there is a Benefit Drag show at a local gay bar. Haha. Ever been to a drag show? They are so fun!!

I hope you all have fabulous weekends!!

Nvalicia - I'm glad your gall bladder operation is behind you. I hope you feel better soon.

Lady HR - is it wrong that the main thing I focussed on in your post was the warm cookie? What kind was it?

Suzzie - yes I've been to a drag show. Sydney is the gay capital of the Southern Hemisphere.

Waters- I bought that book too. Quite informative for newbies. Too bad it doesn't address head hunger. I would be interested in food whether I were hungry or not.

Went for a walk with some fellow bandsters in my area this morning. It's so great to meet others who know exactly where I'm coming from.

Well yesterday was my Birthday, so we went out of town for the day, so you know what that means.... eating out all day. I had a small amount of sushi for lunch and supper, (yum) and was able to manage it pretty well, I wasn't sure because of the rice, but it was actually pretty easy. Also had a little cheescake, but not a whole piece like I would've had, but only a few bites. I didn't stop at every ice cream and pretzel stand along the way either, so that was good. Sure is quiet in here, so I guess that means everyone is doing good.....

OK - So I had my fill yesterday and all is well... on liquids. I'm SCARED to eat food, which I can do soft foods tomorrow. I had an episode last night and this morning of getting my Protein drink stuck, and therefore sliming. I'm not ready to call for an un-fill yet!! I'll let the swelling settle down a bit and see where I am come monday. But as long as I'm taking small sips I am fine.

How's everyones weekend going!?

Missy, I hope I did not offend you by saying that! It was not my intention. What a wonderful story. I have heard so many stories of couples who get pregnant after they have struggled so long and begin to just relax or adopt. I work for Social Services, and we have couples who contact us to adopt. GREATWeight Loss too, 62!!! Almost double of mine.

suzzzie Keep us posted on your restriction level. I know my NP is going to be resistant to a fill, but I am at 5.75 and would like just one more cc. Then I think I will be ok until I need it after losing the weight. Great weight loss to you too during fills...13.6!!

ladyhr I am glad you are safe. I saw it on our news station.

bcrazy..:clap2: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

:sickI have been feeling under the weather since yesterday. I can't seem to get any energy. The only plus is I may lose more weight this weekend!

Rhonda how has your unfill been treating you?

Hello's go out to Stef, toni and others.

Janine - Oh no you didn't offend me at all. We hear that all the time. It is hard to lose 2, but we sure ended up with a special one in the end. I hope you get to feeling better.

Suzzzie - don't push it with food, and if you feel too tight, don't wait to long for an unfill.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Hi :cup: (Java) and everyone! Happy Belated birthday BCrazy!

Cheers!

Toni (who's not losing an ounce on this band!!!!! Uggggggh!)

Toni - When was your last fill?? Its crazy that you'r not losing anything! BTW, Its good to see you post. We miss you when you're not here!!

Speaking of missing people - WHERE IS EVERYONE?!?!

OK - So I had my fill yesterday and all is well... on liquids. I'm SCARED to eat food, which I can do soft foods tomorrow. I had an episode last night and this morning of getting my Protein drink stuck, and therefore sliming. I'm not ready to call for an un-fill yet!! I'll let the swelling settle down a bit and see where I am come monday. But as long as I'm taking small sips I am fine.

How's everyones weekend going!?

I got a fill a week ago yesterday 1.4 CC's on 4 CC band. I nursed it all week and finally gave up. I went in for a partial unfill today. The Dr removed .4 I have 1CC left. I hope I can lose some weight now. I wasn't even able to drink my protein drink. I didn't gain or lose all week. I was always sceptical about the notion that you need to eat to lose weight, but now I know from experience, it's true.

Suzzzie- I hope you are able to keep every drop of your fill.