Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hello everyone,

I know what you're saying about the head hunger. I've actually been pretty good since my pre-op diet. I've had little bites here and there but bascially stuck to the plan that my doctor had given me. Then today hits............... I don't know what happened to me. On the way home from work all of a sudden I get this overwhelming urge for an ice cream cone. So I think, OK, one wouldn't hurt. I should have known better. Not only did it not hurt but it seemed to have unleashed this binge eating monster. After I get home I have one of the kids pop tarts then a Special K Breakfast bar. I never should have had that ice cream cone. I guess now I just have to get control back and try not to beat myself up too much. I can't believe that I did that though. With me it seems to be all or nothing. I can't have anything sweet or it lets loose the beast!! Ha-ha!

By the way - I feel totally fine so that kind of sucks. I wish that I at least felt sick or something. Or stuffed - but no. I'm supposed to get my second fill next week so hopefully that will help.

update...

I went to my doctor's today for a check up and a possible fill.

After I told the nurse that I had been having the food feeling in my throat, she said I was regurgitating and the flem in my throat was sliming. But the slime never made it to my mouth like in the past. I told her I was eating smaller portions now and when I am good, that does not happen. Like Stef said and others the "feeling of full" is different, this is what my nurse said. it is not like the full feeling we feel when we over eat, and I know exactly what she is saying, because i have been there, but my weight loss is slow, and I can still eat stuff.

My nurse feels I am in my zone and my need a bit of a tweeking(( I had 5 cc on first fill) but since I am going on vacation for 7 days, she said no fill until I return. I have an appointment for Sept. 4.

I know she is right, but Hell , we all want it NOW!

My dh was with me and told her I was the " Queen of Lap band" and told her all about this site and how I am on the pc emailing! she laughed and was very supportive.

So, that is my story, she thought my wl was good, what ever! only 6 lbs lost since my fill on 7/31! she of course said...patients.

I will be in touch as I get TAN, I hope at Mryrtle Beach, SC.

Oy. So I PB'd tonight too. I'd done it 2 or 3 times after my first fill, but nothing in a few weeks now. I got my 2nd fill a week ago Thursday and since then I can feel a huge difference when eating, so I've been super careful with bite size and chewing. Well, tonight I went out for Indian food with my super gorgeous thin friend. Lol. She ate way more than I did, which is a first EVER!! I ate about 2 cups worth, rice and chicken with this spicey curry sauce stuff (don't lecture me on rice - it was freaking delicious!) Well... on my last bite, which I had decided even before it went in my mouth that it was the last, got stuck. I knew I was already full, I should have stopped at 1 cup, but no. So I paid the price. I sat there for a few minutes and finally excused myself to the restroom. Once I got in the stall I knew it was coming back up!! Ick!! But I felt MUCH better afterwards and all was well. She didn't even know that I got up to go PB. Lol. So, that was my first public PB. Not as scary as I had anticipated, though I don't want to do it again, so next time I stop when I am no longer hungry!!

Okay, I had a pretty embarrassing moment today. I get "stuck" a lot, and today I was going through one of those stuck moments in the car while running errands with my son. I stopped at Radio Shack to get an armband for my iPod, was still stuck but thought I was okay, so I went in. I was looking around for what I needed when one of the guys behind the counter asked if he could help me. There was a gorgeous male customer standing at the counter, too. I opened my mouth to speak and a loud gurgle came out! (I was in the process of getting "un-stuck".) I was so embarrassed! So I said "My goodness, THAT was lady-like!"...I laughed...they laughed...and I asked for what I needed. Then as if nothing had happened...Mr. Gorgeous says it looks like I'm about to go running. (I am dressed for it, for sure.)

So alls well that ends well. We all had polite conversation while checking out and I left. I guess guys really don't care about all that bodily function stuff! LOL (Like THAT is a newsflash, huh?)

Ugh, I have no idea what my restriction level is after my fill. If I could control myself maybe I could figure it out! I'm waiting for my nice soft beef veggie Soup to heat up in the microwave and I take a bite of some rice crispie treats my daughter made....mmmm....good....I had another bite....and another. Then I started on my soup and two bites later start to slime. When will I learn?

Had my second fill on Tuesday, now 3.5 in a 10 cc band. No restriction I can still eat like a fiend. I am really depressed, forcing myself to post because I always go away when things aren't working out. I thought this would be easier, or at least something.;)

Don't go anywhere, Marga....I'm with you!!!! Everytime you post, I can read into your posts and relate!! I'm hanging in there with you!

Nvalicia....I'm so sorry about your gallbladder and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and close at heart. Please let us know how you're doing, and how it goes with your port and fill, too!

Missy....keep us posted on your Dh....I'm always fascinated with his journey and now I'm worried about him like crazy!

Hugs to all!:)

Toni

Ugh, I have no idea what my restriction level is after my fill. If I could control myself maybe I could figure it out! I'm waiting for my nice soft beef veggie Soup to heat up in the microwave and I take a bite of some rice crispie treats my daughter made....mmmm....good....I had another bite....and another. Then I started on my soup and two bites later start to slime. When will I learn?

Rhonda....my band and my family LOVE rice crispie treats! Ooooopsie!:rolleyes

So, that was my first public PB. Not as scary as I had anticipated, though I don't want to do it again, so next time I stop when I am no longer hungry!!

Suz---I can't even count mine on my fingers and toes....so I hope you are more successful than me, my friend!!!! It's no fun!!!!:cry

DH update (Toni thanks for worrying!) - a little better today. He decided to try Taco Bueno refried Beans last night and was able to eat them with very little burning. He drank some Water this morning and had some more beans without burning, so HOPEFULLY he is on the road to recovery. He was so happy to have "real" food, you would have thought the beans with sour cream was a 3 course meal from a 5 star restaurant! He is down to 259, so that is 89lbs total.

Missy...that's GREAT news about your Dh, and I hope his recovery continues to go well....I love Mex. food so I can relate to that story...I felt that way when I had refried Beans after our surgery when we got off liquids!

BTW...YOUR weight loss is FANTASTIC! Way to go!!!!:clap2::huggie: :) :clap2:

Cheers!

Toni

Thanks insub and Toni, I'm really going to try to stay here and not just go be alone in my misery which is what I always do. maybe I am feeling this wrong, I get confused with "stuck" "full" etc. I want to eat till I have the Thanksgiving full but I guess thats not the new full feeling. I shouldn't be able to eat three courses though RIGHT???? That means the food is still going through the band or I would be in agony????? I am going to be more assertive for my next fill. Marga

DH update (Toni thanks for worrying!) - a little better today. He decided to try Taco Bueno refried Beans last night and was able to eat them with very little burning. He drank some Water this morning and had some more beans without burning, so HOPEFULLY he is on the road to recovery. He was so happy to have "real" food, you would have thought the beans with sour cream was a 3 course meal from a 5 star restaurant! He is down to 259, so that is 89lbs total.

Glad your hubby is starting to feel better!!!

Rhonda....my band and my family LOVE rice crispie treats! Ooooopsie!:rolleyes

Toni, you must be very ashamed of yourself! :embarassed: Is this the craziest journey ever? My band only likes Werthers today. It sure didn't like the scrambled eggs I gave it this morning......caused me to slime for 2 hours and I didn't get hungry until 2:30. Then some yogurt made me slime until I burped out an airpocket. Hmmmm....wonder what my band will let me eat for dinner, maybe some broth. It's my TOM and I'm reading that can cause swelling, plus I think the rice crispie treats irritated me. I'm going to stick to liquids and mushies for a few days.

Steph, your gurgle story was too much. I've been thinking about that all day. I'm sure it will happen to all of us. Kudos to the cute guy for handling himself so well!

Missy, I'm so glad your hubby is doing better.

Mvr, when can you get your next fill. I am reading the 10cc band thread and it seems the magic # is 6-8cc. Sometimes it takes a few days for a fill to "settle." I was glad to see you checking in.

Mvr, when can you get your next fill. I am reading the 10cc band thread and it seems the magic # is 6-8cc. Sometimes it takes a few days for a fill to "settle." I was glad to see you checking in.

I have 6cc in my 10cc band, and it's working really well!! I'm amazed actually. Whenever I would read people that said that they couldn't eat this and that, or that 1 cup or less of food was enough I didn't believe it!! Now I do! Yes, I have restriction. whoo.gif It's a bit of a mixed blessing, as I'm still getting used to coping without my dear friend Food. I can still eat ice cream though - which has always been my biggest weakness.

I get another fill on Sept 14th, I'm hoping for at least 1cc. I can still over eat - when I can eat. I have problems with things that I shouldn't. Like water. Anyone else slime on Water? It's the darndest thing!! I'm sure it's just that I take too big of a gulp or something. And I always drink water ice cold, so I think that contributes to the issue.

Tonight I made some mozzarella stuffed meatballs using ground turkey. So yummy - but I only ate 3 1/2 before I couldn't get another bite it. (they were approx 1 inch in size.) And I made about 40 of them, so by golly I'll be eating those tings for a while!!! :hungry:

Speaking of not being able to eat things - any one else experiencing food wasting?!?! I hate to let things go to waste, but I cannot eat everything before it goes bad. I've never seen my freezer and fridge so full. help.gif I've had to throw out lettuce and tomatoes and peppers and milk and chicken... crazy! I didn't even really go grocery shopping this week, except for milk, eggs, and the ground turkey. I might start saving money now! Haha!

Goodnight all!! sleep.gif

So......about that exercise challenge.

I got in 10 min on my ET (eliptical trainer) before I pooped out....and was getting rained on. Hubby moved it back under cover but that was a good enough excuse to stop for the day.

I don't know how to get a challenge going.....but I need some motivation people!