Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi, all:

I've lost 36 pounds now and people notice it in my face. I can tell in my hips and legs also but this darn belly is still right out front!! How many pounds did you all have to lose to be able to see it all over? Frustration!

I dunno Lady, I took a pic of myself when I started, and now with 30 pounds off, and I still have the belly out front and booty behind me, but I can see that overall I'm smaller. I'm looking forward to losing some of this bubble too. Hang in there.

I don't know if you all are doing this already...I've never heard anyone mention it...but are you taking your body measurements? With all my excercise, I'm not losing as fast as I would like, but my body fat percentage is plummeting and my inches are going down steadily. So that is a BIG NSV for me. My body fat percentage has gone from 43.4% to 37.2% as of this evening. (My goal is 25%, but I think I'd be happy with 28%.) I've lost 3.5" in my waist, 4" in my hips, 3.5" in my chest, 2.5" in my thigh, 2.5" in my calf and 2" in my bicep from surgery on June 8th to August 15th. (I measure on the 15th of each month.) That makes me feel better, even though the scale isn't moving down as much as I would like.

My biggest dissappointment right now is that I won't make my August 31st goal of being under 200. That sucks. Hopefully next week I can make it, but hubby is coming home for three weeks, so I know he will want to be going out all the time, which means restaraunts, drinks, starbucks...you name it. I understand that, though. He's been gone for eight weeks offshore and is ready to hit dry land RUNNING. Thank goodness he won't be gone that long anymore. I miss my best friend!

I just read the greatest story over on my-calorie-counter site. I've seen it before, but it's great EVERY time I read it. I tell my kids all the time, THEY choose what kind of day they will have every morning when they get out of bed...life is about choices.

The story is worth sharing, even if you've seen it before!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

READ THIS. LET IT REALLY SINK IN. THEN CHOOSE.

John is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

He was a natural motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, "I don't get it!

You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?" He replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood.

I choose to be in a good mood."

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

"Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested.

"Yes, it is," he said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life."

I r eflected on what he said. Soon hereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.

I saw him about six months after the accident.

When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins. Wanna see my scars?"

I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," he replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.

He continued, "..the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man.' I knew I needed to take action."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said John.

"She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity.'"

Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead."

He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all, is everything.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

You have two choices now:

01. Ignore this.

02. Consciously make choices instead of reacting to life situations.

Did you hear that?

I did.

It was a pin dropping.

:cry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope everyone is doing well today! kittyhumpday.jpg

Stef - thanks for story, I will share it with my 15 year old! It is quiet today.

Suzzie - I would say see how you are feeling closer to your appointment, but don't get a fill right before going on vacation if you still have some restriction. You don't want to have issues while out of town.

I only really notice the difference in my clothes and shoes. But I never saw myself as big as I was, if that makes sense.

I only really notice the difference in my clothes and shoes. But I never saw myself as big as I was, if that makes sense.

I haven't noticed any difference in my shoes. Most of my jeans are too roomy to be comfortable now especially in the legs...I hate legs in jeans that float. My pile of thrown off clothes is growing!:clap2: After trying on several pairs of 18's this week---I have shopped no less than 15 hours with my daughter who is entering high school---and finding that they zipped up but were very snug, and seeing the price tags.....I decided to get a pair of slip on jean leggings at Walmart. They are cheap and they will go the distance until I'm closer to the size of jeans I will wear when I am at goal.

I didn't see myself as big unless I saw a pic of myself.....briefly before I tore it to shreds! :cry

Chit chit CHIT!!!!!!!!! I can eat today....too much....restriction is gone. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I was begining to think my restriction was gone - until I ate 1/2 of a crab rangoon that my boss brought in today! OMG. I made it until 3pm before anything got stuck today. I even ate a donut!!! Of course I picked at it for about an hour. Lol.

Why is it so quiet here lately??

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

Stef - Thanks for that great story. It was very timely for me today as I had a stressful work day and I was letting it affect my evening. I choose to be positive the rest of the day!! (But I'm ready for a three-day weekend).

I'm SO glad y'all liked the story!

Stef, I love every post you make.

The story hit a bit to close to home for me. I basically do everything that guy doesn't. Thinking positively would would be so hard (see!). Obviously, as doctor Phil would say, whining has a huge payoff for me.

Band related stuff? I had to buy some new undwear today because mine were too loose and not staying up. Pretty funny.

A point to ponder: Why are fat women's clothes so ugly? Like we don't suffer enough!

Would all the lurkers start posting please? I'm dying to know how you're doing - good all bad.

A thanks to the regulars too. I love your posts. I'm determined that we'll keep this thread going. June 2006 bandsters still have a thread, while all the other months seem to have faded. So you see, there's something about June.

Well I ate 3 tacos last night for supper, and I was able to eat a whole Breakfast burrito from McD's this morning, so I think I'll go for that 3rd fill next week, what'd'ya think?? I've heard if you can eat breakfast that you are not tight enough. I had a NSV?? Is that what ya'll call it? I put on a T-shirt this morning and I didn't even have to stretch the Hell out of it like I usually do! It just hung nicely, not snug, whoo hoo!

Bcrazy - that is what my surgeon said. If you can eat breakfast you need a fill! I feel like I have very good restriction, but I can still eat breakfast. Congrats on the shirt.

Well I had a slip today. TOM and all.... I used to eat a McDonald's sausage mcmuffin almost everyday for breakfast. Today I decided I just had to have one. I haven't eaten bread since it stuck for an entire day a week or so ago. I took about 3 bites on the way to work and didn't think they were going to stay down. It is now 11:00am and I have finally finished the sandwich. Man it tasted good, but it was slow going down. I will have to be good at dinner time!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Hello everyone,

bcrazy7- I had that happen this morning as well. That's one of my NSV's - I took a T-shirt right out of the dryer and didn't have to stretch it all out to make it fit right. YIPPEE!!

2nd NSV - I am finally able to wear my wedding ring again. I had refused to have it sized up so haven't been able to wear it for a couple of years. I can't quite get the engagement ring on yet (well I can but it's tight) but I'm very excited about my band. I've just been wearing another band for the last couple of years. Now I feel "official" again. that probably sounds silly but I'm very excited about the whole thing.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Dawn

Stef, I love every post you make.

The story hit a bit to close to home for me. I basically do everything that guy doesn't. Thinking positively would would be so hard (see!). Obviously, as doctor Phil would say, whining has a huge payoff for me.

Band related stuff? I had to buy some new undwear today because mine were too loose and not staying up. Pretty funny.

A point to ponder: Why are fat women's clothes so ugly? Like we don't suffer enough!

Would all the lurkers start posting please? I'm dying to know how you're doing - good all bad.

A thanks to the regulars too. I love your posts. I'm determined that we'll keep this thread going. June 2006 bandsters still have a thread, while all the other months seem to have faded. So you see, there's something about June.

Congrats on having to buy new drawers! LOL

Thanks for the nice comment. It makes me feel better...sometimes I wonder if I over-post and am annoying! LOL I'm really not much of a chatterbox at all, but really want this thread to keep going. I know everyone is lurking out there and wish they would post, too. I like to hear what is going on, and when someone posts a problem, we are all quick to rally around with suggestions and support, so it is a good thing to post here.