Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

MOM and TOM can be equally disturbing. :-) Let us know how your fill goes.

I haven't been exercising and it'd my TOM too. My weight loss hasn't been that great. Maybe that goes a long way in explaining my constant anxiety lately. The hormone release theory is interesting. I've read that somewhere before. It just nice to know it's not just me so thanks for sharing. I love this thread!

BigBaby, please let us know how you get on ASAP. Maybe it's only a little bit out of place and they can put it back. How disappointing!

I still remember the poster (OK I forget her name...Rita?) who couldn't get the band because of a massive hernia. We all want things to go smoothly and normally but that isn't always the case.

Stef, I've never seen those cherries in Australia. I want one!

Insub, I have not posted for a long time, but I keep up with you guys. Yes I had a massive hernia but I guess I had it from the very beginning in the womb. I have what you call a diaphragmatic Morgagni Hernia and only about 2 percent of the population has it. But I am determined to get it fixed and then get the lapband. I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of the year, I"ll have my lapband and join you guys in lapband land. By following you June ladies and gents , I will be able to know what to expect. RitaMO

Maybe my question wasn't so silly huh? LOL Does *anyone have an answer for me? I'm thinking that food doesn't really sit up there in the pouch and digest, it just collects there and moves slowly through the stoma.

This isn't the first issue re. the band that doctors have differing opinions on. Well it's more than an opinion if they're educating their patients.

I must be feeling a bit restricted from my first fill because I'm full faster. But, I don't feel the food is staying in my pouch. Maybe the idea is to keep it in your pouch long enough to send a signal to the brain that you're full.

In that case, I'm not restricted enough. I can eat more than half of my pre-fill amount of food. So, if this is correct thinking, another fill would keep the food in the pouch longer?

I think I'm getting somewhere talking to myself!! Gahhh!

I just had a quick silly question about his hot dog story...was he eating it WITH a bun? I can't tolerate bread of any sort, and was salivating over here! :) But seriously, that would make me slime in an instant if it had a bun for sure! <sniff, sniff>

----Toni

Nope no bun - he is really in to watching his carbs. QT has cheese and chili now for their hot dogs, one of his favorite things to eat, so he couldn't resist getting the hot dog with chili and cheese. Well after that experience he said no more QT hot dogs for him!:phanvan

I must be feeling a bit restricted from my first fill because I'm full faster. But, I don't feel the food is staying in my pouch. Maybe the idea is to keep it in your pouch long enough to send a signal to the brain that you're full.

In that case, I'm not restricted enough. I can eat more than half of my pre-fill amount of food. So, if this is correct thinking, another fill would keep the food in the pouch longer?

I think I'm getting somewhere talking to myself!! Gahhh!

That is the way I understood it. With restriction you are forced to chew more and eat slower, and then your pouch fills up sending that full signal. I just can't seem to convince the rest of my stomach that it is full! LOL I can feel full, but my stomach still rumbles - very frustrating.

I've been battling head hugner today. I know I'm full, but the old 'hh' has snuck back up on me now that I know I can tolerate crunchy stuff! AHHHH!

With restriction you are forced to chew more and eat slower, and then your pouch fills up sending that full signal.

I don't get how you can feel full if the food is going through the stoma. Puzzling. But hey, if it works, it works.

I'm trying to determine how restricted I want to be. I am getting another fill on Saturday, another 2cc. I don't want to PB or be uncomfortable and food getting stuck. And I question that being that tight is necessary to lose weight. I would like the full feeling, but not the tight feeling.

Maybe less is more for me. I'm down 2# since Saturday so the fill is working. I have nothing in the way of a tight feeling, and can gulp Water.

How do you know when you're filled properly?

missy Wow, your dh is amazing! He is our inspiration!!

o2bthin just having my fill yesterday, I keep thinking, am I full, what do I feel? So far not much. I had a business lunch at the Olive Garden with 3 men, so I ordered Soup and had a few bites of salad, cut extremely tiny and really only a few bites, no problems. I ate about 1/3 of the soup, no problem. I only stopped because of fear, not because I felt full!

I am with you, I want to feel full, some tightness, but not to the point of not being able to eat at all, or pbing all the time. But what that feels like I am not sure at this point. others have more experience than I!

Good morning everyone,

Insub - I just wanted to let you know that St. John's Wart is on my list of "no no's" Something to do with how we absorb it differently now. You might want to check with your doctor about this. Maybe you might just have to cut it in half or something. Just wanted to let you know since it's on the list from my doctor's office.

I understand what everyone's saying about feeling the blues. I definitely have my days when I feel like that. My DH says that exercise will help but it's hard to get up and do that when you're feeling down.

Hope everyone has a great day.:clap2:

OH CRAP! I saw the posting earlier, so I just bought a bottle of St. John's Wart and took the first one not five minutes ago. Do you know WHY it is on your no-no list?

On my first fill, the NUT said my stoma was about the size of a pencil. I don't know how to relate it after the second fill. I have pictures of the barium going through my stoma during the fill, and it is really small! I can't even phathom a third fill right now. But I think I'm getting used to this one, at least. I really have to concentrate on small bites and chewing till my jaw aches. I can feel everything that I eat or drink...every swallow. But it's not uncomfortable at all now, just weird. I'm still having problems getting very much in, but the juice helped today and I'm trying to grab stuff here and there throughout the day...mostly grapes, cherries, a plum. It's getting easier to manage this fill, for sure.

I want to share another great food I discovered today. I was at costco and looking at these "Salmon Burgers". I LOVE salmon, but was leary of them. Just my luck, they were doing a demo on them, and they are fantastic! They are already seasoned and take just a few minutes in the oven, and I bet they would be great on the grill, too. They are not little, so one burger could easily make two meals. If you like salmon, you will love these!

I found another great juice...the V8 splash blueberry pomegrante flavor has a serving of fruit and a serving of veggies per 8 oz.

I found another great juice...the V8 splash blueberry pomegrante flavor has a serving of fruit and a serving of veggies per 8 oz.

That sounds awesome!

I have wondered about those salmon burgers. Now that I'm eating less, I like stuff that tastes really good and has the high Protein. I'm noticing I can't handle stuff that's very salty though---taste buds are changing.

Stef, that baby is just toooo much!

Note the time here...can't sleep!

o2bthin! I was just thinking the same thing, stef your picture of you and the baby is so cute! How old is she?

Stef where is costco are the salmon burgers? fresh or frozen? My dh is a costco King! If costco has it he will buy it. I love salmon.

lo2usI will look for the v8, it seems hard sometimes to find different drinks in on store. I have been looking for this premade ice tea I bought a quick mart, but can't find it. It was neste with berries and honey, diet. very tasty!

I have NO restriction! I can't beleive it. after 5cc, nothing so far to speak of. I can feel it go down, but no real problems. Not that I want a problem, but a tighter feeling. Can it be delayed?

I did lose 3 lbs:whoo:

o2bthin - Thank you about the baby! That is my neice, Miss Emma. She is the light of my life...so adorable and full of personality! But then my sis is a real "card", so it's no wonder. LOL

ja9va - The salmon burgers are in the frozen section in a white bag with blue lettering. You will love them! They have turkey burgers too...I'm going to try those tonight on the grill.