Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Oh how awful!! So will they have to open you up to re-stitch the port in place? I can't imagine going through all that again so soon. DO they have any ideas on how it got flipped so quickly?

If the surgeon thinks that the port needs to be put back inplace then I will have to have a small surgery again. I was at wrok bending over to get into a file cabinet and when I sat up I had a very bad pain where my port is. They think that I did something to it then.

OK... sorry to be whiney here...

I'm HUNGRY. But I'm SCARED to eat!

I had a fresh peach & necterine smoothie this morning, and all was well. Then a few hours later I was a little hungry, but decided to just sip on some skim milk. The MILK got stuck in th throat an di nearly cried. It hurt so bad.

I haven't had anything since then, except Water. I just opened some tuna, I'm thinking about trying it. I'm looking at it... but so scared ot will get stuck and I'll have to go to the hospital to have it either pushed down, or sucked up.

Anyone else having probblems? I had my first fill of 4cc (10cc band) 2 days ago (Friday).

PS. to last post - (too hard to edit) - I was fine Friday and Saturday.

Also Since the milk incident this morning I have felt nauseated and my stomach has hurt.

Suzzzie,

I haven't had problems yet, but from reading the boards, I learned that pineapple juice or meat tenderizer or chewable papaya enzyme or a sip of coke are all "remedies" people use to get "unstuck" if something just won't go down. Remember fills can "kick in" for up to a couple of weeks after the fill is done. Sounds like you are getting restricion a little later after the fill which is pretty common. Try to stick with liquids for another day and if it doesn't get any better, you may need to have a little taken out.

Good luck!

I've also read that after a PB episode you want to do liquids for a bit to let the stomach calm down. I know when I get the golfball feeling, warm liquids do help me. Maybe some warm broth/boullion or tea?

OK... sorry to be whiney here...

I'm HUNGRY. But I'm SCARED to eat!

I had a fresh peach & necterine smoothie this morning, and all was well. Then a few hours later I was a little hungry, but decided to just sip on some skim milk. The MILK got stuck in th throat an di nearly cried. It hurt so bad.

I haven't had anything since then, except Water. I just opened some tuna, I'm thinking about trying it. I'm looking at it... but so scared ot will get stuck and I'll have to go to the hospital to have it either pushed down, or sucked up.

Anyone else having probblems? I had my first fill of 4cc (10cc band) 2 days ago (Friday).

Oh yes! I've definitely had this happen...several times. It always works itself out, but it is agonizing until it does. When it happens to me, it always ends in a PB to some degree.

Oh and my second fill is in the morning, so I am expecting a few hurdles afterwards. I know what to watch for this time, though, and will be much more careful about my eating.

WISH ME LUCK! :whoo:

Janine - How was the movie and were you able to resist the popcorn?

Good Luckwith your 2nd fill Stef.

Suzzie, were there any large peach/nectarine chunks that you swallowed without chewing? It will settle down soon. We just have to become familiar with how our bodies react by experimentation. We are just getting to know our new selves at the moment. I guess we won't be proficient until a few months with the band.

I'm constantly making boo boos (mostly cooking/serving myself too much food and then having to throw it out/put it back).

It's winter here and I find I can't eat much early morning or evening but the daytime's fine. If I eat in the evening (say after 8pm), I have a stomach ache upon going to bed. I'm thinking maybe the tightness is affected by the cold.

nvalicia - that's such a shame. Rest assured that it will be corrected and you will get your fills and you will lose weight. It's just you might have to wait a bit longer. It's not fair but you'll really, really appreciate it when it starts to work. Hang in there and post here if you're feeling down.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I"m feeling MUCH better now. I ate a few bites of tuna and waited about 15 minutes and could tell I was starting to feel better. The stomach pain was lifting and the nausea went away. Now I'm eating some more tuna that I mixed with some low fat bacon ranch Salad Dressing. Its so good. Haha. I'm eating really slowly, still a bit fearful.

To anser Insub's question, no there were no chunks of fruit in my smoothie. I blended it for FOREVER, plus I mooshed every bite in my mouth, Lol.

I thought these were kinda cute:

"The two biggest sellers in any bookstore are the cookbooks and the diet books. The cookbooks tell you how to prepare the food and the diet books tell you how not to eat any of it."~ Andy Rooney

"I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is two weeks."~ Totie Fields

"When I buy Cookies I just eat four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad."~ Janette Barber

"I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet!"~ Erma Bombeck

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people." ~ Orson Welles

"I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them."~ Unknown

Oh thanks so much for those Suzzzie LOL I wish I was clever enough to come up with those great one liners.

insub Hairspray was great. We really enjoyed it. My sdaughters wanted to see it again. John Travolta is so funny. It is a feel good chick flick, although my dh liked it. I did eat popcorn! However, I orderd the kiddy pack, with a Water. The funny little bag you get in the theme box for a kids movie. It came with a box of nerds, which are gross and I gave to my 12 year old. It is smaller than a small. I put it on the seat next to me and nibbled it all movie. Normally, I would get a Large to share with dh...yah right! and eat most of it before the movie and get a refill. So, this was a good improvement.

I then however made a bad choice later on in the evening. I ate some of my son's Ice cream Birthday cake! I did it and it is over, so I am moving on I keep reading all the posts from those of you who had fills and can't eat, so I am beginning to think that I really need to start practicing smaller portions and no cheating!

I also joined the gym yesterday!

suzzzie, glad you are feeling better

stef good luck with your #2 fill.

Hey all, I found this fabulous website yesterday - Recipezaar: Where the World's recipes Are - It is too cool. You can search for anything. I put in 'low fat, high protein' in the search bar and got thousands of good, easy recipes. I'm not big on cooking, so I made my search even more focused by saying that I wanted low fat, high Protein, crock pot recipes, still got over 3,000! It give the nutritional info for each recipe too.

Janine - Congrats on joining the gym!! Don't worry about the popcorn and cake! If we were all perfect we wouldn't need the lap band!

Okay, I LOVE popcorn. How are y'all able to eat it and not get stuck? My doc has me terrified of it, they told me that is a hull got stuck I woul dhave to have surgery to get the band removed so that it could go through! I've been eating the hulless when I HAVE to have it, but it's still not the same.

Try to ignore all those typos since you can't edit anything on here!