Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

So, anyone had a fill yet? Who's first up? Mine's not till July 5. Maybe Stef is first?

I was banded on the 8th, so surely someone else will be the June Guinea Pig before me! :P LOL Mine is July 2nd...who's going for a fill before that?

Someone posted a calendar with all our names on it for our band dates, but I can't recall who? I would love to see that again if it is updated! That's quite a task, though, with all of us!

Have a fantastic weekend everybody!

2bh,Rhonda,Lady hr,Faith ( hope I did not miss anyone) Welcome to band land!! I to did not tell many and I have shown off my incisions! It is almost like you want to shout out the news!

welcome Kim and Adventure The full feeling and gas will subside after a week, everyone is so different. If you can, walk, even if it is just up an down in front of your home. It will help!

Stef You are doing GREAT. I think Pippz may be the first fill of the group. Like the varied diets, so are the fills. Pippz yours is so soon, is that normal for your doctor? I most likely won't have mine until mid July, 6 wks out.

Joey I hear you about the slow weight loss, but remember what they said, during this period before the first fill, you will not have a big weight loss, you are healing and learning. I know it is hard to accept when you feel you are not eating hardly anything. I think you need to up your calories, drink more Protein Drinks, or put the Protein Powder in some shakes boosting the # of grams.. it ma help.

TMC great weight loss!! and great to welcome another guy to the group.

Toni You crack me up. I am doing great. I had my first appointment with my doctor one week post opt, I go back again July 3, at which time they will schedule my fill, I only hope I am doing what I should do between now and then!

bgbaby thanks for the website, I will look at it, I have been looking for something to track.

Holly you have been given great advice, keep up the great work. just remember to move around if you can!

Have a great weekend all, I lost another 1 pound!!! woohooo, a bit sarcastic, but practice what I preach and accept it will be slow until my fill!!!

I was banded on the 8th, so surely someone else will be the June Guinea Pig before me! :P LOL Mine is July 2nd...who's going for a fill before that?

Someone posted a calendar with all our names on it for our band dates, but I can't recall who? I would love to see that again if it is updated! That's quite a task, though, with all of us!

Have a fantastic weekend everybody!

Sorry, my doc won't fill before 6 weeks :( I sure wish he WOULD fill sooner! I NEED one!

Can't wait to hear how you early fillers do! :)

So, anyone had a fill yet? Who's first up? Mine's not till July 5. Maybe Stef is first?

I'm getting my first fill in a few days, Monday, June 25th. I'll give you all a report, but from what I've read and heard, it's like a 5 minute process!

Hugs,

Toni

When I went to my initial seminar with my surgeon, she actually had a patient come in and they did a fill right there in the conference room!!

She of course had all of her sterile instruments, a clean bedsheet etc. THe patient climbed on a table, put a squishy pillow under her back(to help the port be more obvious)

Dr. Jessee filled her syringe with sterile saline, felt for the port with her gloved hand, and injected. Two seconds! Then the patient sipped Water for about 10 minutes, to decide if it was the right restriction(if too tight she would not be able to get the water down)

The fill was just right, and she was up and ready to go!

That is what a fill is like, as I witnessed it! Easy as pie. And other than the needle prick, painless.

Good luck Toni and all the other fill-trailblazers!

I'm getting my first fill in a few days, Monday, June 25th. I'll give you all a report, but from what I've read and heard, it's like a 5 minute process!

Hugs,

Toni

Very good! I'm so curious if we will actually feel it tighten around our stomachs? I sort of relate it to being afraid of heights and addicted to bungie jumping of all sorts. I know its not near the same, except that if we DO feel it, that has got to feel weird!

I guess I like weird! :P

(That explains my wonderful, goofy husband! LOL)

Happy Saturday to all!

Good Morning! How is EVERYONE!?!? Looking to hear from Hotty.....oh Hotty, where are you?!?

Pippz....I keep meaning to tell you, I have relatives in rural CT (East Hampton). Is that close to you? Hope you can get in that pool soon!:P

Lo2us...good to see you posting! Congrats on the lowered B/P! :clap2: That's amazing! Pretty soon you'll be off that RX completely!

Suzzzie....now you're my partner in crime: I was considering the treadmill last night until I saw you were lounging in your jammies. Well, I just HAD to follow suit! :)

Beckie----17 pounds WL is amazing! Way to go, girl! :clap2: Keep it up!

:welcomeB: Kimberly in the Big Apple and Adventure-Rider! Good to see you!

Minty....do you think your kiddos will behave if they know Mommy has some boo-boos and can't get around like she normally does? If not....can you send them off for playdates? I would LOVE to take them, but I have a luncheon on Saturday. :ohwell: Wish I could help!!!!

Jackie...I'm so glad to hear you're healing....every day will be better. :amen:

2BHealthy and LadyHR....glad you're over the fence! And Lady....go for the Rx! It's there for you!!!!

FaithMD---you got the AP band! :clap2::nod: I'm so happy for you! I got one, too, but not sure which size. I'll find out on Monday.

Hi Stef...How's my fellow Texan this weekend? You sure add a sparkle to our board! :(

Hi :cup: (Java!) Congrats on :lost1lbs:Every little one helps and moves that silly scale!!!!! Woo Hoo!

MM....I hear you about needing a fill! I can't wait until Monday, but my nurse said it's just sooooooo temporary (the feeling). But I don't care. Any restriction would be GREAT right now. I had pizza last night!!! :embarassed: (Don't ask how many slices, either!) :angry Looks like an Isopure shake for Breakfast :D

{{{{{{{{{{ BB and Insub }}}}}}}}}}

More Hugs and love to all!

Toni

When I went to my initial seminar with my surgeon, she actually had a patient come in and they did a fill right there in the conference room!!

She of course had all of her sterile instruments, a clean bedsheet etc. THe patient climbed on a table, put a squishy pillow under her back(to help the port be more obvious)

Dr. Jessee filled her syringe with sterile saline, felt for the port with her gloved hand, and injected. Two seconds! Then the patient sipped Water for about 10 minutes, to decide if it was the right restriction(if too tight she would not be able to get the water down)

The fill was just right, and she was up and ready to go!

That is what a fill is like, as I witnessed it! Easy as pie. And other than the needle prick, painless.

Good luck Toni and all the other fill-trailblazers!

That is too cool, LB...and we're both at Journey Lite, so I wonder if that's exactly how it will be done?!? (No floro, etc....) Guess we'll find out soon enough!

Very good! I'm so curious if we will actually feel it tighten around our stomachs? I sort of relate it to being afraid of heights and addicted to bungie jumping of all sorts. I know its not near the same, except that if we DO feel it, that has got to feel weird!

I guess I like weird! :P

(That explains my wonderful, goofy husband! LOL)

Happy Saturday to all!

I've been wondering what the new sensation will be like, too....if we'll actually feel it happening, or just when we eat? It will be interesting, and we'll all have different experiences/different ways we get filled, even!

Happy Saturday to you, too, Stef!

Suzzzie....now you're my partner in crime: I was considering the treadmill last night until I saw you were lounging in your jammies. Well, I just HAD to follow suit! :(

Toni

Haha, don't blame ME! I'm still in pain. Haha.

I was supposed to work some OT today but got cancelled due to a low census (I work in a hospital) so now I'm lounging around doing nothing. I'm too broke to do anything fun today, but I'm BORED after spending the greater part of a week sitting around healing. I am considering going to the gym sometime today, though I prefer to go in the evenings. I just want to give it a try to see how it feels...

I slept in the recliner last night, but I did take a nap yesterday evening in my bed, on my right side. It gets easier everyday! I can't wait until I have NO pain left!

And before my appointment yesterday all of my incisions were fine... now they ALL itch! Its horrible. I don't want to keep scratching them, I'm afraid of infection. Overall though, I think they look really good! I've been taking pics of my tummy daily, to log the process. My bruises look much better too. :P

Oh!! And I had 2 scrambled eggs this morning - first real-ish food I've had in forever! At first I was nervous about it, but it slid down well! I'm having trouble with taking the TIME to eat, but I am getting better about the no drinking with meals... (except the liquid meals! haha)

OK, I think I have written enough... Hope everyone has a great weekend!

i was banded on thursday...still in pain. not loving the lortab taste either, but need it so there you go.

i was uncomfortable in the recliner and ended up in bed with tons of pillows to move around and help support what needed it. i guess everyone is different.

i still have a bunch of gas pain...someone said it went away in about a week?

so glad to be banded...trying to eat but just not that interested.

congratulations to everyone who got banded last week!

Hey all - I rarely post here but I am less than a week out from my surgery. I am starting to get a really bad case of cold feet. I am on my liquid diet and doing quite well - already down 16lbs but thoughts like "can I really live with this for the next 40+ years of my life" are really weighing me down. I also just found out that my insurance only allows for semi private rooms. The last thing i want is to be in a room with some stranger after surgery keeping me up all night. Anyone experience these feelings?

You can do this! I was bunked in a room with another bandster. Ask when you are in the pre-op area, and have your wife ask while she is waiting to have you placed in a room with another bariatric patient. It made life a lot easier. My roommate was wonderful, neither of us were very talkative, but we did chat a little to help us get though the pain. I have to say it was a good experience.

Does anyone use mydailyplate.com to track their intake of nutrients? If not, what do you use?

I use fitday.com mydailyplate is also good. I didn't care for the format of sparkpeople.com, it was too structured into breakfast, lunch and dinner. I work the night shift and thus I have no set B,L or D.

faithmd-thanks for the fitday link....looks perfect for what i am looking for.

how are you feeling?