Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I noticed you saying you had over 200 lbs to lose. I have approximately the same amount and my doctor is telling me that she recommends the gastric instead, mainly because of the amount i have to lose. What was your experience with your doctor? Thanks for your help.

I have over 200 pounds to lose as well, but still opted for the band due to recovery time and complications with the bypass. I've had several family members and know co-workers with the bypass and every single one of them - NONE lost ALL their weight, and most have now gained back 1/2 to all of what they lost. Bypass isn't long term unless you have the willpower behind it. I'm hoping the band, once at restriction, will give me the long term loss I am looking for. I don't care if it takes 5 years to lose it, as long as it's coming off, and not coming back ON!

Morning bandsters! I see a growing list of names for next Monday, the 18th!!

I made it through a weekend of parties (son's graduation), dinners, company, etc., and did pretty well. The scale only moved 1 pound since Friday.

A sore throat came on Saturday, and has progressed to a full blown creeping crud in my sinuses and chest. I'm so worried about coughing with my surgery in 6 days. Rest and fluids rest and fluids.

I'm seeing my doctor this morning...she is the one who suggested the lap band back in February and nudged me to start this process. She doesn't know I'm scheduled......it will be fun.

Have a great day everyone!

:clap2:Hi everyone I was banded on June 6, 2007. I have lost a total of 22 lbs since my consultation with my surgeon. I met with my surgeon 9 days before I had my surgery. I went on my pre-op diet immediately, and lost 10 lbs before surgery, and like I said 22 total. I am still on liquids and have started including full liquids like yogurt, milk, etc. Tolerated these pretty good. I am still a little leary about eating, so taking it slow. I really am not into the vomiting thing, as I am sure all of you are also. I have done a little too much the last two days, so I need to rest. Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck to those of you that are about to have it done.

Tammy

Tammy! Awesome glad all is going well!!!!! I hear ya on over doing it! I did that today! But all is well! REady to get my energy level back to par!

Minty,

With the pre-op plan that my center gave me says to use 1 scoop of the Protein for 8 oz skim milk. Do they have you using the flaxseed oil and liquafiber? That stuff has been my best friend as far as making me feel full longer! Good luck! I have 8 days till mine!

Hi Everyone:

I am a little nervous and quite sick of these Protein Shakes to be honest. I am also having clear broth since last Monday which is when I started the liquid fast.

I lost about 5 lbs this past week and today was one of my worst days because I felt so weak.

Any how - I can't wait until this is done and over with. the surgery part is making me so nervous at this point. These days are dragging for me.

:kiss2:

Just wanted to check in with you all.

Got home from the hospital today a little after 1 p.m. Not feeling too well from the gas.:faint: Walking and using heating pad-that helps A LOT!!!!! Also having pain in my chest due to the docs having to stitch my hiatal hernia, but I know it will be worth it when it's healed. I've had so many problems with this in the past several years. DH also had the surgery and he's doing great-no gas-no nothing, just some pain at his incision site-the smarty pants:rolleyes::)

I hope everyone else is doing alright.

Type more when I can.:straight:straight

Jackie

Congratulations. I too have a great fear of vomitting. I always have, which is why I have never been much of a drinker.

So you met your surgeon and had the surgery right away? Wow. That was pretty fast.

I guess every group does it differently. Where are you located?

Just wanted to check in with you all.

Got home from the hospital today a little after 1 p.m. Not feeling too well from the gas.:faint: Walking and using heating pad-that helps A LOT!!!!! Also having pain in my chest due to the docs having to stitch my hiatal hernia, but I know it will be worth it when it's healed. I've had so many problems with this in the past several years. DH also had the surgery and he's doing great-no gas-no nothing, just some pain at his incision site-the smarty pants:rolleyes::)

I hope everyone else is doing alright.

Type more when I can.:straight:straight

Jackie

I had my hiatal hernia repaired also. My surgery was June 1st and I am still having some pain from the hernia repair. Did you doctor mention how long that pain would last?

I haven't had the surgery yet but someone in support group said that she got down on the floor on her hands and knees and put her head on the floor and that helped the gas pain almost immediately! Good luck and hope your better soon!

I am finally at the end!!!!!

I haven't posted in a while...but I have spent the last 4 days getting to know each and everyone of YOU!!!! I started at the very 1st post and just finished the last. I started my pre-op diet on June 4th and have lost 7lbs so far YEA!!!!!

I will have my pre-op visit tomorrow at 1:00p.m.---will find all the other information.

I've heard that after surgery, people often "go crazy" and pick up an unhealthy addiction to replace the food (something like sex, alcohol etc). I think that LBT will be my new addiction!!!!

It's so good to see all of the June banders who have gone before faithfully keeping the rest of us abreast of what's going on!!!! I really feel like I know some of you because of your transparent post!!!

I've heard that after surgery, people often "go crazy" and pick up an unhealthy addiction to replace the food (something like sex, alcohol etc). I think that LBT will be my new addiction!!!!

Bwaaaahahahaha....although I'm lovin' LBT, I know which addiction hubby would choose! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Oh MY!!!!!

I see you're being banded by Dr. Benevides....He's my surgeon also (I'm being banded Monday!!!!) Have you had your pre-op visit? What's going to happen? Have you had an opportunity to meet him? Where do you live? I'm in duncanville!!