Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

what is the Protein called that you got at GNC. I don't have one of those stores, will have to travel to the mall to find it.

It is called Zero Carb Isopure, it is whey Protein, they had a few flavors but I thought the Pineapple-Orange-Banana sounded pretty good. I tried it this morning with some Crystal Light Sunrise. I mixed some Ice in with it and it was really good! It kinda has a smoothie taste to it!!! Here is the link to it if you want to look at it. GNC

They have some REALLY YUMMY flavors on the web page that they didn't have in the store!

Welcome back Marlynn (seems like you had a tougher trip than all of us but you got through it), Clarice and someone else whom I know I've missed. This thread seems to be an interesting mix of pre-op and post-op experiences and it's only June 10.

YAY! When are you allowed a fill???

It's funny how all doctors are different. I'm two weeks full liquids, 2 weeks mushies and a fill at the end of that 4 weeks, then another fill at 6 weeks. My surgeon has a very good reputation, so I'm not worried about the early fill. Maybe he is trying to avoid 'Bandster Hell'.

Insubordination... your doc sounds fab! I think that my surgeon is being OVER cautious becasue they are new to the procedure... have only been doing lapband for 3-4 months. The 3 months before first fill thing wasn't working because a lot of people were just finding it too hard to get through it without putting on weight so they've moved it to 8 weeks to see how that works... fingers crossed that it will be moved up again as I really don't want to go through Bandster Hell for too long!!!!

I wasn't allowed any fluids on day one and my surgery was at 10am... had a Fluid drip thing for hydration but was only allowed mouth swabs until I talked them into allowing rinse and spit to help with the dry mouth which was great. Day 2 was Clear Liquids and from them for the next 2 weeks is full fluids... followed by 2 more weeks of mushies and then soft food to normal as tolerated. It is sooo funny how all are different... I think it mostly depends on experience and what they've seen historically as to what they think works best.

Hi KT and Insub.....I'm with you both....I DO NOT want to go thru Bandster Hell for too long, and I think I'm heading that way. My appetite is coming back, and I look at food and think, "I could totally eat that!" Ugggggggh......

KT, you go with the new boots, girl! I love it!

Toni

It is called Zero Carb Isopure, it is Whey Protein, they had a few flavors but I thought the Pineapple-Orange-Banana sounded pretty good. I tried it this morning with some Crystal Light Sunrise. I mixed some Ice in with it and it was really good! It kinda has a smoothie taste to it!!! Here is the link to it if you want to look at it. GNC

They have some REALLY YUMMY flavors on the web page that they didn't have in the store!

I have the vanilla powder that I use to make smoothies....it's really good on it's own, too! Love the stuff!

Toni

ja9va: I haven't heard alot of people say that they've gotten this but I trust my doctor and I really believe that I'm not in as much pain as I should be because I have it. It's called the OnQ (like: on cue) and more info can be found at Ask Your Surgeon About Using ON-Q PainBuster to Reduce Your Pain After Surgery.. If it had not been for the gas pain I would have been just fine because it releases 2ml of anesthestic directly into my abdomen every 2 hours automatically.

Also, I got on the scale (I know it's too soon) and shouldn't have because nada zip zero on weight loss. It's actually up a few pounds due to the Fluid from the ball and the gas.

The ball is just annoying after awhile, it's like having an umbilical cord attached that you have to drag with you. It came with a nice black bag but I have to tuck the cords when I do go out so that strangers won't see them and be staring.

Snoopy, I am sorry to hear about your Mom. You will both be in our thoughts and .prayers. Keep us posted.

Lucy and others regarding showers, my doctor said I could have one when I went home, which would have been 24 hrs. I waited until yesterday. My DH helped get some of the yellow surgical stuff off and the sticky stuff from the monitors that I could not see. My stomach seems so bloated like others described! Not pretty! Joey,I have no bandages on my incisions, he used some super glue stuff. they all look good, amazing.

Stephanie- I think you are having gas pains. I have had terrible gas pains in my neck and between my shoulder pains. KT, 7 days of GAS, YUK, I will pray that it goes away faster than that. GAS is the worst part. BAd Breath, I wondered about that, I woke up with nasty mouth today, yuk again.

Marlynn, great to hear from you too. Lucky 7 we are! Glad you are home and doing well.

Protein- I have a question, I wrote down ideas from you all on other Protein powders, however how about tasteless ones, not vanilla and choc, that you can put into Soups? ? do any of you have any thougths. I am trying to see how I can get in my protein with out having to drink just those shakes. I know there are fruit flavors for drinks too.

Toni How is the exercise routine coming? I read, walk and walk. I did yesterday and will do it again today. I feel more tired just laying around, but I am not really motivated when feeling pain! It is hard enough to get motivated when you are feeling good. Hang in there, good luck on the treadmill!

Toni - The Cookies and Creme looks really yummy, I think that will be my next one to try!!!

I have the vanilla powder that I use to make smoothies....it's really good on it's own, too! Love the stuff!

Toni

Toni - The Cookies and Creme looks really yummy, I think that will be my next one to try!!!

That is soooooo funny, I totally have my eye on the cookies and cream, too!!!!! :hungry: And I was wondering about the raspberry bottled drink to push my total over $75 for the free ship. Do you like the bottled drinks?

I haven't tried the bottled drinks yet, if you get them let me know how they are!!!

That is soooooo funny, I totally have my eye on the Cookies and cream, too!!!!! :hungry: And I was wondering about the raspberry bottled drink to push my total over $75 for the free ship. Do you like the bottled drinks?

Toni How is the exercise routine coming? I read, walk and walk. I did yesterday and will do it again today. I feel more tired just laying around, but I am not really motivated when feeling pain! It is hard enough to get motivated when you are feeling good. Hang in there, good luck on the treadmill!

You're my inspiration Java...if you can do it, I can too! I'll get back up on that stinker tonight, too, after I do a mountain of laundry. I just wish that I could burn a ton of calories washing clothes! :) Thanks, Janine----my partner in crime....errrrrrrr....exercise!:)

Has anyone used an immersible blender before? I got one at Walmart to help me blend in my Protein Powder into my smoothies and soups....

I just made a strawberry-peach smoothie, but it's a little too thin for me...has onyone tried the IB with ice? Does it work well? I used a Boost HP strawberry shake, added in some real strawberries, some wheat germ, and a container for Dannon Light & Fit Peaches & Cereal yogurt...for a total of 27g. Protein. Tastes great! I just like my smoothies thicker.

Well, everyone, I'm back home from Monterrey, Mexico! Flew in today, and I was so glad to be back home! The hospital and staff at Monterrey was wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better team, esp. Dr. Zapata, he's wonderful and very informative. I got to the hospital on Thursday and went directly to pre-op where they did my lab work and EKG. They stuck me 9 times for my IV, but that's okay. My anestesiologists was great and talked to me to help keep me calm during the IV starting process and then the next thing I knew I was waking from surgery. I remember feeling some pain and the Dr. telling me he's giving me some morphine and something for nausea. I went into surgery at 11:00am and woke up in recovery at 2:30.

The first day was hell. I hurt all over and had terrible gas pains. I couldn't believe I had done this to myself and how was I gonna get back on a plane (twice) to come home feeling like this? Well, I walked a lot and burped alot and slept little the first night. I felt a little better the next day but was VERY restricted from the swelling. I couldn't hardly drink anything. I had 2 small bites of Jello and 2 sips of gatorade and 2 sips of CB all day, and I still felt like I had swallowed a whole chicken that was just sitting in my chest. I took a pain pill (Tramadol) and went to sleep and slept well in the recliner of the hotel. Got up this morning and took another pain pill for the flight home. The trip wasn't very rough, but was uncomfortable. The worst part was walking the Houston airport from customs to terminal A. I would've missed my flight if I'd waited for the "assistance" that was supposed to be waiting for me at the plane. Anyway, back home now, and still gonna have to sleep in the recliner....can't lay flat or on my sides yet...looking forward to it though. Gas pains are gone....the only thing I can say about that is....walk, walk, walk. It'll do you the most good.

I was worried about the restriction since I have the small 10cm (4cc) band, but I guess that'll get better with time. I haven't experienced any nausea yet, but hope I don't.

Hope everyone else is starting to feel better, and good luck to those of you yet to come. Even though it's been rough, it's been worth it so far.

Wow....I'm impressed that you went through all that, and envious that you saved lots more money than I did, I'm sure! :guess Glad everything worked out for you, MC, especially a smooth flight home! :clap2: