Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

LOL BigSexy - I thought the same thing! My husband got the new band, because our surgeon was able to get 5 samples before it was released. He told me that they may have the study set up in time for my band! I don't want to be the bad statistic!

Hey guys just checking in! I got my pre op phone call this morning and I am scheduled for 10 am so I have to be there by 8 am. I am sooo nervous and I dont even know why right now. I am excited and i never once though nervous would be an emotion i would experience because if i think about it there is nothing to be nervous about but i am. LOL and look at me know I am babbleing on and on. I am really glad its gonna be early in the morning because if i would have to wait all day i would go insane!!!! I hope im even able to sleep :) Anesthesia makes me sick so I cant wait for all those drugs they give you for that which make you even more sleepy :D I wanna go home asap! Not hang out in the hospital all day. LOL id better just press send before I go on even more. Have a good day everyone and good luck to everyone tomorrow and hope everyone who is banded is doing wonderful!

Becky

Terranne - it is a new band from Inamed. My surgeon said the big differences are that the inflatable ring goes all the way around the band instead of 3/4 and it is easier to close and open if needed.

Hi guys just got home. Everything went well. Just a little site sore. I actually got stuff to eat last night and today. Jello, lemon italian ice, chicken broth, and hot tea. i didn't think that they would give me anything but they did.

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Terranne viewpost.gif

What is the AP band?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

From page 13 of this thread:

For those asking about the AP band<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR style="COLOR: #e9e9e9" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->

AP Band information:

Here's the link to a thread in Dr. Curry's Forum about his experiences with the AP band, it explains more about the band and it's differences. There were 50 or so surgeons in the US who got the AP on an early release (out of about 1,000 Band surgeons in the US).

Trace W. Curry, M.D. :: View topic - New AP band

And here's a link to a thread on here about it, I spoke with "the band guy" at Allergan about the AP band a couple of times. Though he of course cannot make any reccommendations one way or the other about whether one should ask for the AP, he did provide me with a lot of useful info. Allergan is NOT discontinuing their other bands at this time. All will still be available, they all work well. As a side note, the AP has been being placed for quite some time now in Australia and Canada, it is just being released in the US in June. There is a learning curve (small) for surgeons and from what I've heard they will need to upsize some of their instruments in order to pass the new AP band through them.

the new LAP-BAND AP (Advanced Platform)

Hope this helps!

<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Hi Everyone!

I also just got home, It was great! I took no pain meds and had no problem with gas. This morning I walked around the hospital and stopped to watch the babies in the newborn nursery.

Three times a day I got a tray with 2 juices, broth, SF Jello, Decaf tea, a drink in a juice box called "diabetshield" and a sorbet called "Sin Free". The dietician said to sip 2 oz. slowly over 15 minutes. It was way too much food for a new lapbander but we could take the leftovers home.

Toni......LOL as if my kids would notice! I will let you know....if or if I don't tell them. I am concerned about their reaction and about them letting it slip. If hubby and I do sit them down for a talk, it will be next week. My oldest graduates from HS this week and there is much going on here.

Hotty.......thanks for doing the calendar. I notice I'm the only surgery on the 18th. Lots on the 19th...good luck to all.

Today is day #2 of my diet. I still need to talk to my dietician. We are playing phone tag. I made my appt. with my regular doc and had my labs/A1C done today (fasting). Every checkmark I put in the box brings me closer and more excited!

Serena....welcome home!!!! Wow, I'm reeeeeeeeally amazed with you taking no pain meds. You're my hero! I was living on hydrocodone elixir for a few days like clockwork. (Me thinks me a big baby afterall!)

Hooray for you!!!!

RHONDA....Don't be so silly! Yes, they're teens, but they are going to notice when you come home from the hospital!!!!! Man, I can't believe you can even hide dieting from them! I'm impressed. My girls are all over my things, but then they're younger. Keep me posted what you do....it's interesting when you can keep that a secret!!!!!

Cheers,

Toni

Hello everyone

Just got back from my visit with the internal medicine doc. St. Francis hospital in Fed. Way Washington requires you to have clearance from an internal med. doc prior to surgery. I got the go ahead so I'm verrrrry excited. I do have to have my gall bladder removed but Dr. Srikanth will do that at the same time as the band surgery YEAH!!!! So I'm all set for a week from today.

I'm on day 4 of my pre-op diet. We have to do total Clear Liquids for 10 days pre-op. We do get to have 3 (30 gram) Protein Shakes a day but they are mixed with Water not milk. So far I haven't been toooo hungry but the urge to just actually chew something is getting bigger. I am definitely counting down the days. The good thing is that I've lost 5 pounds already woo-hoo!!!

I'm getting a little nervous. I know that's normal though.

Well, good luck to all of today's bandsters and congratulations to all of yesterdays. I hope everyone does fantastic.