Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I was wondering if there was a June '07 one. I'm scheduled to be banded on June 12th by Dr. Srikanth in Federal Way, Washington. I can't wait. I start on my pre-op diet of liquids only tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous about that!!

I just found out a couple of days ago during my pre-op ultrasound that I have quite a few gall stones - so now I'm waiting to hear if that can be taken care of during surgery. I hope so. Some people have to have their gall bladder removed prior to surgery and I just don't want to have to wait for the band. I've gotten myself all geared up for it and it would be kind of a let down.

To everyone who got banded recently, congratulations and my prayers are with you. Keep us posted as to how you're feeling. It definitely helps to hear others stories. I think that things are a lot scarier when you don't know what to expect.:rolleyes:

Dawn, this is the june 07 thread...welcome! i'll add your name and the other newbies to the calendar soon!

Heather,

Thank you so much for your post. I'ts so helpful to hear detailed experiences. I can't get enough of it.

June 6th is my date and the nerves and anticipation are working overtime.

Continued success to you.

Clarice

Dear MM,

I will look for your post tomorrow. My prayers are with you.

Very happy you are feeling better.

Clarice

Hi Hotty! So good to read your post! You nailed it on the head when you were describing the barium swallow test. I loved that part, too! Seeing everything...esp. the band! It made it all real. I had mine just MINUTES after waking after surgery, but I wasn't groggy at all. I really enjoyed it!

Girl, you sound like you could clean the house and then split a cord of wood. Don't forget to pamper yourself, OK?!?

Just so happy for you...for the Fab 5 that was banded yesterday....for everyone that will be this month!

----Toni

Hey Junnies! It's been a few days since I've been on, but trying to get used to working these nights....this is new to me. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm all set to travel! I got my passport in on Memorial Day, so all I'm waiting for is the morning of June 7th....OMG, that's only 4 days!!!! I'm so psyched....can't you tell. Okay, I'll spare you the boredom, I'm going to make laps around the hospital (where I work...lol) to stay awake. Catch y'all later.....Oh congratulations to those banded on the first and I'll praying for those of you being banded in the next few days!

I'm in bandland! Things went well for me, but I guess I'm not as tough as I thought I was. My shoulder pain from the gas has been terrible. I am so glad that I had read about it being in the shoulder, or I would have been so scared. I had to stay in the recovery room for 5 hours because they didn't have a room ready for me. I wonder if waiting so long to get to walk was part of my problem. I've been banded almost 48 hours and am just now starting to get rid of gas. The other really bad part was waiting 24 hours for my swallow test. My mouth was soooo dry. I had to keep asking for those lemon flavored glycerin swabs-they helped a lot!!! I slept in the recliner last night-couldn't get comfy in the bed. I think I may spending a lot of time here during the next few days! My appetite is perfect right now. I am completely satisfied with liquids. This probably won't last very long!! Well, that's all I can think of right now! Let my know if you have any questions-now that I'm "On the other side!"

Lisa H

Great to hear from you Lisa H. 24 hours, that's tough. Glad you were prepared for the shoulder pain. I'm also glad you caught some zzzz in the recliner. I don't have one but I do have a foot rest and some pillows. That should do it. You're banded!

I was really excited to hear from HT, and Lisa H. I was like Toniteach yesterday. I think I was on the computer most of the day waiting to hear from you guys. I am so glad it is going well for you. I hope musicalmomma is doing better.

I haven't seen a post from Kt999 or Nvalicia. I pray they are doing great also.

Congrats to tanderson, lisamack, huntersmom, and serena who will be in bandland tomorrow!:clap2:

HT, I love the calendar. I hope it is not too much trouble for you to keep up with. I've been writing everyones name on my calendar. It is so nice to have such support when going through this.

By the way, I have been eating all weekend!. Today's my birthday and I have been eating like crazy:eek: My favorite is white cake and white icing. My parents brought by a cake yesterday for me. They wanted me to have a big blow out before my surgery. The cake is almost gone:faint:

I promise I will do better tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day! Snoopy

Welcome Dawn!! If you go back a couple days you can read my posts about the galbladder ordeal. I won't retype, but after you read it you can ask me other questions. I am still hoping to get more answers tomorrow.

MusicalM, hang in there girlfriend!! Let us know how you are doing today!

Heather and Lisa H - glad to hear all is well! Heather you and I are almost at the same wieght to lose, I will pray my surgery goes as well as yours did! Are you both home?

Insub,I know that it is hard to post those numbers, so do it if and when you feel comfortable. But if it is 50, 80 or 200 lbs one has to lose, we are all in it for change.

Pippz, hang in there on the diet. I think the weekends are the hardest! I miss hanging with a glass of wine. 4 weeks, with no wine, that sounds like I am an alchi, but I am not. It is not hard, but it is a way I wind down after a hard week at work! I skipped a blockparty in our town on Friday, beer/wine/food, decided it was not worth it. I went shopping instead!

Marlyn, It is you and me babe!! I think we have a couple others joining us on Thursday! I can't beleive it is here. Yahooooo!!!!!!

Welcome Home Lisa H! I'm so glad you are feeling better! Did you get any of the Gas X Peppermint Strips? They're divine! I'm very envious of your recliner----enjoy the heck out of it! I've been sleeping in bed, and you're right, it's hard to get comfy in there. Hopefully that will get better in a few days, though!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SNOOPY! :happybday2:Have a piece of cake for us, too! What are your birthday plans today? Enjoy yourself!

----Toni

It's been a while since I've posted, so I just wanted to say hello and see how all the Junies have been doing. It's great to hear that everyone is dong well post-op!

I can't wait for Friday to come. But I have a feeling this week is going to fly by and I will be banded before I know it! I live in Florida, and thankfully Barry (the Tropical Storm) wasn't more than some heavy rain (which we need down here anyway)...hopefully we don't have any sudden hurricanes next week to pospone my surgery!

Take care, everyone.

Hi again...I'm STILL in the hospital! I guess it wil take a while for the doc to come in. I wish I could have just gone home. Then 2nd day of care has been somewhat lacking to say the least! Here it is 8:30am and NO ONE has even brought me a broth or ANY nutrition at all! I had to empty my urine collection myself and write down the amount because I was ignored all night! Except for their delightful timing in JUST waiting until I fell asleep ti get my vitals!!! As you can tell, I am less than impressed with my care on evening two. It's like they figure I'm going home, so I don't need anything. I'll be telling the doc this for sure. Yeah, I'm a little cranky, but I do feel MUCH better. Just wish I could get home and to my own Protein shakes...the protein broth here makes me gag :rolleyes:

Congrats to all the other June 1st'rs that did WAY better than me. Hope to check in from home later and catch up on all the threads.

Hang in there Momma! I feel your pain -- I am very impatient. I was once in the hospital for severe dehydration. After 12 hours I was rehydrated and couldn't wait to get out of there. The nurse wouldn't let me out without permission from my doctor and said she would call her, but didn't make it a priority. I was ignored by the nurse for 2 hours and nothing happend. Finally, I pulled out my own IV and walked up to the Nurses station and said "You can't keep me here, I'm leaving!".

In retrospect, that was maybe not the best way to handle the situation, but I couldn't take it anymore!