Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In 2 weeks i will be 5 months out i have lost a total of 85 pounds my goal is to lose 15 more so i could be down by 100. I have a concern though that i have already begun stretching my pouch. Normally when i eat dinner i eat until i feel full and i play around with my phone while im eating so that i dont eat too fast. When i do get full i get a case if the hiccups. Well lately i feel as though im not getting full as fast and have been able to eat more and im not getting hiccups like i was. I fear that im stretching my pouch already too far and thats the last thing i want. I cant really give an idea on exactly how much i eat becauae i dont measure it i just eat and listen to my body telling me when i have had enough. Im also eating my dinners the same way i usually do. Protein first then Beans or veggies and maybe a small amount of carbs rice or Pasta very little bit. As far as eating throughout the day goes should i be eating every meal until im full or portion it? Normal i when i do my Breakfast and lunch i eat and dont get too ful depending on what i eat (eggs usually till im full if i have yogurt i just eat the container and leave it at that). Does anyone think i have stretched it too far or am i overthinking it? There are some days where i feel like i can eat so much more than i should be able to.

I wonder this same thing. I'm 9 mths out, 10 lbs from goal and can eat more (more often, not more volume tho) so I wonder if I'm stretching my stomach. My dr told me that since they take out the stretchy "fundus" of the stomach, u hafta work really hard to stretch it out. Then I've read other peoples drs say the opposite, that it's not that hard.

I also listen to my body, never measuring or weighing anything. I get full very fast (usually less than 10 small bites) = 1 egg, 1 pc of bacon or 5 bites of chicken, 1/3 of an aritchoke, 2 Tb of rice. But I've been getting hungry withint a couple hrs. usually 1/2 carton or yogurt or 12 almonds helps but I don't think I should be eating every 2 hrs. If I don't eat something at 9pm, I'm awake at 2 am scrounging thru the frig for something to eat. So I usually have 1/2 PB and banana sandwich at bedtime.

I'd like to see some answers to this also. I know what most people will say:measure out ur food and only eat that amt. I guess that would ensure stretching.

So does ur stomach stretch naturally over time, do u stretch it out by eating too much or is it really hard to stretch it (as my dr told me)???

I don't believe you have. You didn't mention anything along the lines of eating till you're in pain. From learning the hard way, I've found that when I eat even 1 bite too many, my sleeve is really painful. Those days of eating too much and feeling that "oohh I ate too much" stretched belly are long gone.

For about 6 months post-op, I was full eating about 1/4 cup of pretty much anything dense - chicken, turkey... At 6 months, I was able to eat a little more, maybe 1/2 cup per meal. Then at 9 months it was as though my stomach relaxed and I am now able to eat 8 - 10 ounces per meal. And it's been that way ever since.

Ok i have just been worried that i pushed it. I know my dr told me to eat till im full so that i can get as much nutrition from my food as possible and inwas afraid maybe i was just advancing too fast. I know people can stretch their sleeves and wind up needing revisions and i dont want that to happen i just wanna make sure im doing it right. Thanks everyone.