Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Doctors in Florida?

I am in Orlando and know there are two Fill Centers USA locations within a few hours from me (Tampa and St. Pete). I am trying to stay away from the Fill Centers USA locations because I've read too many negative comments about them.

Where is everyone in Florida getting their fills? I would really like to have the first few fills with fluro (figure I've invested way too much $$ into this for a blind fill).

I've called a ton of surgeons in the area and no one is willing to take patients banded in Mexico. What was most surprising to me is that Dr. Lee Grossbard (who was trained in Mexico, is one of the co-founders of Fill Centers USA and was banded by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico) won't take patients banded in Mexico either! *sigh* :cry

I am willing to travel anywhere in the state for a fill doctor that uses fluro and won't bankrupt me in the process. (Heard Dr. Kim in Celebration is great, but $1000 just to be accepted as a patient is a little crazy.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Give the St. Petersburg Fill Centers USA a try. I'm certain you won't be dissapointed.

The NP there does the initial adjustments with fluoro included at no extra charge. She specailizes in interventional radiology.

Call Dr. Wiljon Beltre. He is on Palm Springs in Altamonte Springs. I was Banded in Monterrey, Mexico and he does all of my fills and follow up care.

You may want to check updated pricing, but it was $500.00 initially and $100.00 per fill thereafter.

He is wonderful and it sure beats having to drive 2 hours to Tampa.

I am taking a poll from all the people who live in Florida who are banded and looking for a fill doctor.

I am an RN who does part time work at an imaging center.

I have presented the idea to the group of radiologist there that they should look into becoming certified in fills..with fluro.

The center is in Sarasota. I told them that $300. for a fill was a reasonable rate for fluro..

My question is would people be interested in that??? If I get enough yeses, I will present this to them.

They would not do the fills every day but perhaps have someone there once a week for anyone who wanted to come in that day...

Looking forward to hearing from you all .

Peggy

Banded on 9/28/06 by Dr. Ortiz in TJ< Mexico

have lost 58 lbs since then. Have returned to TJ for 2 fills (my only 2 fills)

1st fill 11/10

2nd fill 2/3

still have great restriction and am losing despite having to stop exercising since late Feb. due to knee trauma...

i think a place in sarasota would be great, i live in Palmetto, fl. and so far have been back to Mexico twice and too tampa once, but would rather go o sarasota, 300.00 for initial visit maybe, but not every fill i hope. the fillcenter is 155.00 plus 75.00 if you want floro, after your first 300.00. anyway i'm sure ther are a lot of us out there that would love to have a provider in Sarasota or Bradenton , thanks for trying to get this ball rolling.

Barbara

If the price was right and the competence was there, I'd drive down to Sarasota. I live about 3 hours from there but what a great town. I will be looking for someone long term to minitor my port and saline status but plan on sticking with my doc in Denver the first year or so.

I think you cannot go wrong encouraging your employer to go this route. There are centers for surgery popping up and I think the Lap Band will eventually pass the procedure track on bypass.

I would consider it. I was Banded by DR Ortiz last October. Live in Ridge Manor FL. Have been going to fill center in Tampa Nice and Great Dr but she doesn't use the fluro the same way as they did in TJ.

JC

I had my surgery in okeechobee Tuesday May 8th and my surgeon has an office in Port St Lucie, Fl. About 1.5 hours south of Orlando - you could try him. Dr Luis Rosas. Phone number 561-847-6108

I am in Orlando and know there are two Fill Centers USA locations within a few hours from me (Tampa and St. Pete). I am trying to stay away from the Fill Centers USA locations because I've read too many negative comments about them.

:) I have used the fillcenters provider in Tampa and was very pleased. You have to remember that everyone learns on someone. Certainly anyone in the US is not going to be as adept as the guys from MX. They've been doing it much longer and have much more experience. The Tampa provider has her own fluro machine and is very commited to providing a good fill. I've heard of providers that charge the fee, stick a few times, if they are successful great! If not, pay anyway and too bad. Also, she is a NP I think, and nurses tend to have more patience and compassion than docs (in my experience.) Give her a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed. And if you are, you can always go somewhere else the next time.

I just had an unfill. The Fill Center sent me to St. Petersburg, I couldn't be more pleased. I honestly felt like I was dealing with someone at the OCC in Tijuana. She has fluoro and knows how to use it!!!!

I know everyone's experiance can be different but she is worth checking out!!

JC

jc i could not agree with you any more, Kathy Gonzales in St. Pete is the best, i have also gone to tampa, and would have gone back but decided to try St. Pete and omg was i glad i did. in my opinion she is the best, every bit as good as the Dr. in mexicali wich are really great, but without all the travel time. luv. luv, her.

Barb

Amen to that!!!

Kathy Gonzales is at Millennium Medical in St. Petersburg

Phone: 727-541-2675

I usually shy away from really putting someone over but I was in very bad shape when I showed up at her office, she had never seen me before, got a little information from me and then moved into action.

She really seemed to care really, so this is how I see it:

1. Worst case scenario, if she only seems to care, at least she is good

at making you beleive that she does.

2. Best case scenario, she does care and is also good at making you

beleive that she does.

I am sold on 2, and anyone who has had longstanding relationships with medical proffesionals knows it is rare to find someone with both traits as well as competence!!!

JC

Dr. Tiffany Jesse in Clearwater does fills for banders done in Mexico.

Don't know the cost though.

Have been to Fill Center in Tampa...dreadful experience.

Have not been to the one in St. Pete yet.

Am going to another doctor this time for a total unfill. Have already flown to KS to have a fill so would certainly welcome a very good, not very expensive fill center in Sarasota...I'd be coming from the Clearwater area.

My doctor in Bradenton will not touch anyone who was banded in mexico, however I know someone who had the same doctor put the band on but refused to pay the program fee. she goes to the fill center in St. Pete and loves it. Also one of my delivery guys was banded in celebration and goes there for his fills even though he lives in Tampa. Not sure the docs name though.