Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery, again.

"well, maybe you will finally learn to do things right and stop eating, you have to adapt to that thing, instead of ruining it in order to keep eating!"

Tellie, some people just don't say the right things. :D

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

You're going to do great. Chin up, girl - this will be over before you know it, and you'll be back in the saddle again!

:D thanx Donali.

Now, I have been curious for a while... how are you doing it??? the weight loss. It is amazing. Could you share what is your sectret?

how are you doing it??? the weight loss.

Tellie, I wish I had some fabulous secret to pass on!

To be honest, the past two weeks I have not been eating "normally" - I have been so obsessed with my enclosure project, and under such a time constraint, that I have been missing dinner. Not on purpose - but by the time my daylight is gone, it's too late and I'm too tired to make anything for dinner, and I don't have any "snacky" stuff to eat easily, except for 94% fat free popcorn, which I have made a couple of times with real melted butter on it... :D

It has also been pretty hot, and I have been sweating profusely. I am trying to get in at least a gallon of Water a day, and that's been accomplished most days, so Water loss shouldn't be TOO much of the numbers.

I also have been pretty busy at work, and have missed my Breakfast a couple of times. So several days all I've had to eat all day has been a big salad with walnuts and lots of fatty dressing, and maybe 4-6 ounces of meat.

I have been feeling a little hungry, but I am addressing the hunger as my schedule allows, and then when I am so distracted and consumed by my project, the hunger is forgotten.

This way of eating lately is in no way a life-style change - I am NOT trying NOT to eat - it's just happening that way, so I am not suffering and do not feel deprived. But I can see how this could be "normal" for me IF I were able to keep engaged in activities that consume me so completely, that do not revolve around food.

I think all of us have gotten so busy or caught up in something that we honestly and truely forgot to eat, and didn't even realize it. I think it would be swell if I could maximize that kind of lifestyle! Not so much because I'm not eating, but because it means I'm eating to live, NOT living to eat!

Earlier this month the weight was creeping up - I was eating "normally", but my ratio of nutritious choices was slipping into the 50/50% range...

The things that are helping me the most:

1. NO dieting mentality.

2. PLANNING, PLANNING, PLANNING!! I bring lunch to work everyday - I know what I have planned. I don't have to follow the plan, but if I choose to do so, the work is already done, so I have less reason to talk myself out of doing my "plan."

3. Indulging in less nutritious choices as they are available and as I want/"need", but NOT buying snacky stuff to keep around. If I want it, I can have it, but I have to go get it. I'm usually too lazy to do that... :D

4. Water, water, water, and lots of hot tea with half-n-half. I know it sounds crazy, but I honestly think my half-n-half habit is really helping me. I go through a quart every two weeks at work. I feel indulged, and treated, and how on earth can someone going through a quart of half-n-half every two weeks feel deprived?!?! :D

5. An all consuming interest seperate from food. This has been the porch project for me the last 2-3 weeks. In addition to not having time/energy to eat at night, it is also somewhat physical, so I'm getting in a little sneaky exercise.

6. YOU GUYS. Truly, having a place to come where I can get (and sometimes more importantly, GIVE!) support is a huge help. It keeps all of my goals to the forefront of my mind. Everytime I compose a detailed response to someone's cry for help, I reinforce all of the good therapy I went through. It's like a little refresher course each time. If I ever sound a little preachy, that tone is ALWAYS directed to myself. The preachier I sound, the more I need to hear that particular message.

I am sure there are many more reasons why I'm hanging in there - sub-conscious/conscious that are not coming to mind, but I think the above have been the most instrumental.

**hugs**

Donali you truly are amazing and wonderful. It always makes me smile when I see you've posted. I am so glad you have stuck around. You were one of the people who gave me advice while I was still researching for my band and I am happy to still hear your words of wisdom since being banded. Thank you, Teresa

Hi Tellie,

I am sorry to hear about your slippage. I will be thinking about you and hope that your surgery goes smoothly. I had a very difficult time during my first banding, but I am happy to say that the second time around was a breeze compared to the first.

Thank you for sharing and I hope you are feeling better soon.