Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers?

Hi there! Got my date, Monday June 2. Not sure how I'm feeling, overwhelmed excited and scared come to mind. Anyone else in the same boat?

hi! for the sake of argument I am going to call myself a june sleever LOL...although my date is up in the air, the 27th is the hopeful date. I am only so tentative because of unforeseen health issues that require a bit more testing than usual.

I will admit though, the time is flying by so quickly I also feel nervous! my original sleeve date was the first week of may. when I set it up--it seemed SO very far away...now im looking at it is literally around the corner LOL.

congratulations on receiving your final date!

Congrats to you both and your right the time is flying I havr 25 more days before my surgery on May 5, I am so excited it is like this journal has taken forever, I started this journey in august of last year and now i am 25 days to the new me.

Thanks ladies! Mrs bailey I hope all goes to plan and you get your surgery.

Good luck with your surgery cupcake. I've been going through the process since last year as well and in 7 weeks I will be living a new reality.

Argh. What are you most looking forward to? What are you most scared of?

I'm looking forward to living a full life, I'm scared of going under anaesthetic coz I've never had an operation before.

I just got my date I am set for June 12th….So many emotions going through my head right now! However, I know this is the best choice I have ever made in my life for my whole family. Cant wait to be sitting on the losers bench! Best luck to all of you :)

Chez thank you I am looking most to shopping in a department store and buying clothing that does not have a large anything on them as well as having more energy so I can do some of the things I like to do with my family such as take a picture and be happy in it as well as ride a bike again, the most thing I fear believe it or not is having my first drink to see how my body is going to handle it as well as pain since my favorite pain reliever is excederine.

Thanks ladies! Mrs bailey I hope all goes to plan and you get your surgery.

Good luck with your surgery cupcake. I've been going through the process since last year as well and in 7 weeks I will be living a new reality.

Argh. What are you most looking forward to? What are you most scared of?

I'm looking forward to living a full life, I'm scared of going under anaesthetic coz I've never had an operation before.

Honestly, I am most scarred of being away from my 8 month old baby girl for my overnight sleep test and for my overnight hospital stay. Those are by far my biggest anxieties. I am most looking forward to fitting neatly into my clothing.

I just got my date I am set for June 12th….So many emotions going through my head right now! However, I know this is the best choice I have ever made in my life for my whole family. Cant wait to be sitting on the losers bench! Best luck to all of you :)

Congratulations!

Hi there! Got my date, Monday June 2. Not sure how I'm feeling, overwhelmed excited and scared come to mind. Anyone else in the same boat?

y. Yes I'm scared too

Good luck with everything missy and annmarie!

Cupcake looking forward to buying clothes too. Clothes I like not just clothes I fit into.

It's good that we are all here for one another. I'm about to put together a schedule over the next 7 weeks. I wanna do a massive clean out and get ready before my surgery.

It still seem surreal. I don't reckon it will really hit me until I'm in recovery.

I have zero support from my family or friends for surgery! I'm still trying to think whom to ask to drive me & pick me up from the hospital. Everyone tells me I'm going to die, don't do the surgery. Help! I need some advice!

Hi,Congratulations all you brave ladies, I'm calling it June too. I haven't got a date yet because my Dr didn't have the surgery schedule for June yet, so I'm going back on the 24th April to book a Date in June. It was meant to be April or May, but work commitments have ruled that out, and I know it's silly, but the delay has made me even more nervous! I keep thinking, "Am I doing the right thing here"? I know I am, but it doesn't make it any easier on the nerves. I'm also having a "giant Hernia" repair, is anyone else having that done as well? I'm scared I'm going to damage the pouch somehow causing complications, I'm scared of the pain and possibly dying. I'm also excited to get my life back! To go shopping in any shop I want, to get back on my surfboard, not shy away from camera's (everyone has them on hand these days in their mobile phone's) At the moment the "selfie" craze is driving me nuts!!! lol! xx

That's a shame Annmarie, some people just have no understanding or empathy for our position.

My advice would be to look at the evidence around the sleeve and arm yourself with the knowledge to make an informed choice about your life. See what support is around your area and tap into it.

Good luck Tigermouse. No hernia here but I wish you all the best. I know what you're saying about photos. Used to love em, now not so much.

Hi Chez!! My surgery date is also Monday June 2nd. I'm having my surgery with Dr. Alejandro Lopez in Tijuana. I'm EXTREMELY excited and Extremely nervous lol. My sister finally agreed to with me, but I'd still like to make friends with someone who can relate. Feel free to message me. Have a blessed day all of you. :-)