Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orange is NOT my new black! How my fashions have changed!

H

First, apologies for the double post.

I watched my close friend over the past 14 months, following her fantastically successful vsg, transform her wardrobe along with her body. But I couldn't understand why all her new clothes featured Belts, of all things! Wide, sparkly, contrasting colored belts! Whaahh? Now I get it!

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, I wear now must be the opposite of what I wore before. Everything that suited my old body (boxy, shapeless,black or dark colored with maybe a few jewel-toned accents) I now think of as ‘orange,' because they were like my prison garb. And now I'm free, baby, and there is no more 'orange' for me! I love fitted clothes, almost to the point of being tight! I am wearing almost an entirely ivory, sand or pale grey wardrobe because they were colors I never felt comfortable wearing before! And I've gone belt crazy, along with shoe, handbag and jewelry crazy.

Does anyone else out there think 'no way!' when they are shopping and see fashions that they would have worn in their pre-wls life?

Congrats on your NSV!

I bought my 1st new shirts this month - 15 months post-op. I was so surprised that I'm able to buy stuff that isn't "big and tall". :-)

I used to buy all black stuff - pants, shirts. Now I can't stay away from bright colors - reds, blues, greens, and the brighter the better!

post-147109-0-02968000-1394411540_thumb.jpg

I just made the statement that I'm wearing horizontal stripes for the first time ever. They are pajamas, but still not only stripes but horizontal ones!!!

I have always worn bright colors only in the winter do I wear black, grey colors but I always assume who cares I am wearing bright colors to brighten me up

I bought a bright coral swimsuit yesterday. I chose this bc I would've always bought black before... Not necessarily bc I love black, but It would've been the only thing in my size.

I love The options I have now!

..Especially jewelry & watches. My wrists & fingers were so large before, I could have never just picked up a piece of jewelry and have it fit.

I went shopping the other day, it took me 3 hours to finally buy one top!!! I am in between missus and womens sizes. I do not know what my style is now!! I can relate to @@ziggypbang my clothes before were shapeless and lost of polyester!!!!! I need to have a friend go with me to help me because doing it by myself is not working. I am extremely happy to be going doen in sizes, but overwhelmed at all the possibilities out there!!! And I can proudly say I do not have to shop at Catherines anymore!! :) :) :)

I went shopping yesterday and actually started in the straight size section. It was really weird. I still have a bit to go, so I didn't buy anything but it was still nice. I'm still a little scared and overwhelmed about shopping in a regular straight size only store.

I am all colours of the rainbow. Shopping is a pleasure - and expensive.

In fact, I got into a pair of GAP US sized 10 trousers yesterday. (According to their label, that's a UK 14)

I was elated.

Just a shame that GAP are made for midgets and my 5ft 10 limbs made it look like the hem of the trousers had had an argument with my ankles.... :blink:

I agree that it is a little overwhelming - there are so many choices in regular sized clothes. It is a little like getting out of prison - I hear people are overwhelmed by the freedom to choose what to have for dinner when they get out.

Also, since I am still loosing, should I buy clothes that are a little (or a lot) too tight? I want to be able to wear them before they are too big for me!

@ziggypbang I can't wait to be able to wear white jeans and look good in them or an all white outfit.... strange but i love white clothes...... not all the time mind you but every once in a while I'd love to break out in a nice summery white dress or jeans..... And even after September with white shoes ...lol oh and I am a nurse...lol :D

I am far too messy for white LOL

I agree that it is a little overwhelming - there are so many choices in regular sized clothes. It is a little like getting out of prison - I hear people are overwhelmed by the freedom to choose what to have for dinner when they get out. Also, since I am still loosing, should I buy clothes that are a little (or a lot) too tight? I want to be able to wear them before they are too big for me!

I've bought everything a size or two smaller. I can't wear it all right now, but I'll be able to eventually. I was given a ton of clothes in size 14-18 and large shirts. I go back to work next week. I'm going to wait till next weekend to go buy a few pieces to make sure I can get through my first couple of weeks at work until I can get into my smaller stuff.