Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slimband - Cuts off TLBC Patients

Hello.

I have been receiving more and more emails regarding the recent decision of Slimband to no longer support TLBC patients who had been receiving care up until this past December (2013).

Slimband now says that they will not honour the lifetime long agreement that we were told we would have. That means if you want a fill then you are paying for $200 for it but only after you get a referral from your GP and have documented what you eat with a 2 Week Photo food Log.

After Dr. Yau "resigned" from Slimband the other month, Slimband is now not treating any of his TLBC patients even if they pay.

So if you were banded by TLBC you are being left out in the cold.

Slimband said they would pass along information as to where I could go and get a fill but they never sent me the information. The support staff have been nothing but rude when myself and others have called so be aware that if you call they will treat you the same and will send you away.

The good news is that I have been working on a lawsuit class action case. I have posted on this forum and had little hope that I would find anyone in the same situation I have found myself BUT I was wrong. There are many of us who want to take action against Slimband and this decision.

I want to also make those who have had success aware of this because if anything happens in the future (i.e. infection) you won't get assistance from Slimband).

If you want more information on any of this, please email me at 2014takeaction@gmail.com

Thanks

You have my full support for the lawsuit! I wish you all the luck and thank you for standing up for all of us!

Lap-Band adjustment Doctor in Toronto FOUND!!!
Dr. Ali Hazrati , a truly nice Doctor, Bariatric Surgeon does Lap Band adjustment at his clinic on 5734 Yonge Street
416-222-1932
$120 per adjustment
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!

I'm just seeing this thread now. I'll join you in the class action law suit. I had a call today from Slimband. It's ridiculous how they operate now. They want me to pay them $1,500 for 6 months of "maintenance" which includes a fill or two, if I'm lucky, and some lame consulting from their "professionals" - and I use the term "professionals" very loosely.

I am interested in a class action lawsuit as well, banded April 2014 and had it removed October 2016 (by a different Dr in a different province) due to complications that Slimband didn't want to help with. The kicker is... I am still paying the weekly payment for something I dont have and something that never worked properly in the first place :wacko:

I am Interested in joining or starting a class action lawsuit against slimband. Please message me to join or to begin one.

Medley

I've had the Slimband since 2011. Dr. Yau was the surgeon. I've been having some complications, and there is nobody to go to with this anymore. If there is a class action, please notify me.

Thanks!

Bryn ... bryndayman@hotmail.com

I too....banded in 2008.....band started to fail me about 5-6 years later....no support from clinic....same was what many of you are stating.

I want justice and revision surgery. Sickens me that Dr Yau is rolling in his millions laughing with a slight slap to his hand while we all suffer.

I have had my Slimband for 11 years and I am trying to offer my support to those that have been feeling abandoned now that the company is no longer doing the surgeries and do not have the support that they once had or promised. I am not involved in pursuing any legal action against Slimband. But I can offer guidance if you need support, fills or defills, or need/want to have it removed and are considering getting the revision from band to sleeve, bypass or duodenal switch. DM me to talk. I should disclose that I am a former Slimband employee, and worked there for about six years, and left on my own free will in 2016.