Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!!! I just want to check on everyone, hope you guys are doing well. Had my surgery 4/16/14.

I'm still sore on my left side. My back is starting to hurt from not being able to stand up straight. When I stand on the scales and I'm 20 pounds down (14 preop and 6 since surgery) it makes it all worth it.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Protein and fluids in?

I'm good on fluids but not on Protein. I'm finding things need to be cold or hot. Room temperature stuff is not cutting it.

I'm getting 18 oz of Decaf tea each day. I'm loving SF Popsicles and SF Jello. I made 3oz containers of Jello pre-op which has been great. I'm eating a few each day. I'm also good with chicken broth and having 8-12 oz a day. I have Swanson 33% less sodium. Now I'm not a big spice person so I don't mind the bland taste.

I find things too sweet. I'm mixing power aid zero with Water. Can't take the diet snapple or premixed crystal light. I am using powder crystal light to play with taste.

Protein is a different story. I'm struggling. I have many flavors if Isopure. Grape was gross. I will try again when I get some grape power aid zero. I'm trying fruit punch mixed with power aid zero today. Tried unjury strawberry with skin lactaid which was awful. The only thing so far that doesn't make me want to hurl is chocolate Total Lean premade shake.

6 days post op today. Feeling much better. Cooked Easter dinner for the fam (with some help), i had a little sugar free pudding and Jello.and chicken broth through out the day. Trying to sip on Water. Looking forward to having my.drains removed tomorrow

I am 1 week out, on pureed food since day 4. I have no problem with any food, I still love and enjoy food and eating! lol I try to get in all my liquids, most of the days I am successful, I do not pay attention to my Protein intake as of yet, I just enjoy being done and over with the surgery. I had minimal pain even after surgery and by now my pain is gone, drains are out, and I can even sit up from laying down without any pain. I know I am very lucky. I wish everybody a quick recovery!!!

Skinny summer here I come :D

Yay for all of us being in the post op category now! What a long road, huh? I am two weeks post-op today, and have had no pain for the last week. My only complaint is headaches and lack of energy. I know the energy will continue to get better,, but not sure about the headaches. Going to try to boost my Fluid intake, but I can only drink so much!! My first checkup is Friday and i will hopefully get moved to purees then. Enjoying Panera Soups this week and last!!

Do you think cream of chicken Soup would be ok?? I'm 1 week post op, and on a liquid diet (Protein shakes 4 times a day)

Not sure what to do.... HELP

Is it on the approved things from your nutritionist? Canned soup is very high in fat and sodium. I know it's not on my approved list

mcmedic, call your nutritionist and see, or just your nurse. When I was about one week out I had to call for something else and I wanted to be sure about what I could have to eat. She told me cream Soups were just fine!!! I had to add chicken broth to make them thinner, but cream Soups are included on my full liquids. It was so nice to branch out some! Just check with your dr. to be sure it is ok for you.