Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be moving to Jacksonville, FL in May 2014, and I would be very interested in either helping to facilitate a local chapter or attending one. I had my sleeve in 2010, and doing something like this is what I want to do. I would love to help others who are on the same journey I am on, in any way i can.

I would be more than willing to help in anyway I can. You can contact me at piercedqt78@gmail.com to set something up. I'm in the western burbs of Jacksonville and use one of the large bariatric groups in the area. I attended their fashion show/meet and greet this evening and had a blast. I would love to help set up a monthly meeting/luncheon/outing. I can also give you the name/number of my surgeon if you need someone for your followup care. I'm really happy with my group, the entire staff is caring and kind, and they are the best cheerleaders any patient could ask for. :)

Hello? Anyone interested. I know there are several of us in this area, I see over 50 from my surgeon alone. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I would be I interested!

What days/times work best for you? What area are you in? I'm in Orange Park South.

My name is Mandy I have been in contact with Alex and I will be working with the Jacksonville chapter for local support meetings. We are working to have the first meeting in June. Please feel free to give me your best times/days so I can try to make this is accessible as possible. I will be talking to St. Vincent's Riverside today about using their meeting room. Also let me know if there are any particular guest speakers you would like to see. I'm thinking about a healthy cooking demo, maybe some plastic surgery seminars, I have someone that can help you pick out the correct workout/running shoes and he will offer discounts at his sales location. Any other requests? I figure I will talk to the local hospitals and see if they will allow us to host in their conference rooms, and we can either rotate areas or if there is a good central area we can make it a set monthly location.

Here is the group's email address bariatricpaljacksonvillefl@gmail.com

I will have at least 2 trash bags of women's clothes. I believe they are sized 12 down to about about an 8. I will bring them to the first meeting if anyone wants them. They are casual clothing, but all are nice, and better name brands. I buy them at a local resale shop, the money goes to support a local domestic violence shelter. I don't pay a ton for them, and I'm really picky about buying better quality. I will gladly give them to anyone that wants them, all I ask is that when you lose out of them you pass them on to someone that is post-op. :)

I would be interested

I am working with St. Vincents Hospital to get their meeting room on Sat afternoons. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I hear back from their co-ordinator.

I would be curious to know how many people you have, and if it would be feasible to meet nearby in Avondale at a restaurant for brunch or in the early afternoon when it is not busy, or somewhere else. That being said, I will come to St. Vincent's if that is where you plan it. Linda

I don't have very many at this point, but St. Vincents is willing to help promote the Sat group. Do you have a restaurant that you would like to go to? I only know of kickbacks in that area.

Well, we might meet at St. Vincents and see how many we have, and go from there. We might want to branch out and meet other places after the first few meetings. Please let me know what I can do to help you! (Kickbacks is too noisy LOL, but I do know other places, like the Brick, and Bluefish in Avondale).