Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Canada - Ontario - Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington

Hi Alex

I'd love to be a chapter leader. I've frequently been a leader of small groups, and have often spoke in front of large groups. I am a co-founder of a large networking group and I facilitate a brainstorming group. Some of that leadership has been paid, and in other cases it's been as a volunteer. I've organized both large and small events and I'm seen as a leader in my community. I have a BBA degree and have worked in Human Resources for many years.

In order to have the most people participate, I think offering a daytime and an evening meeting would be beneficial. I'm not available the first Tuesday of the month, and I have meetings every other Monday, but my schedule is mostly open. I'm self employed and can typically accommodate many days/times.

I look forward to hearing more.

Nancy Ensley

Please PM me if you'd like to lead or co-lead this support group!

Hi I live in Burlington and would be interested in meeting in a group. Please respond if this is an option. Thanks Patti

Hi Patti - I'm just getting started with meetings. I'll advise once a date/time is set.

Do you prefer a daytime or an evening meeting or does it matter?

Thanks

Nancy

Who else is in the GTA of Ontario that might want to join a group? Please send me a note either here or in private.

Thanks

Nancy

I live in Niagara - no support here would love some

Hello there everyone,

If you live in the local GTA area, I want to tell you about a new local support group. I'm going to be the new chapter leader in the Oakville/Mississauga/Burlington area.

I was banded in March of this year by Dr. Christopher Cobourn. While I'm not working now, I have a background in management and human resources and I hope to learn along with you. I welcome anyone with a weight issue who has had or will be having any type of bariatric surgery.

I'd love to know who would attend meetings and whether a daytime or an evening meeting is preferable. I can do either.

You don't have to be from Oakville/Mississauga or Burlington. It doesn't matter, however meetings will be held in Oakville.

Bariatric Pal is providing us information for discussion purposes. Our first meeting would be in approximately two weeks where we will discuss the venue and meeting times, how frequently, what people need assistance with etc.

Feel free to comment here, or send me a private message.

Hi Nancy,

I will join. Im in Vaughan. Banded April 2nd by Dr. Cobourn. Its been ten weeks and I have only lost 5 pounds. I am very discouraged. Not sure if I will attend a meeting though because I feel like a lapband failure.

Liz

@ - thanks for your reply, I'll be sending out info to you on the first meeting.

@chichiA oh please, don't be discouraged...I'll send a private note to you.

@@Patti33 I'll be sending out information to you very soon, thanks for replying

@@Yoga lady - consider setting up a group there. If no one is leading one, why not you?

Who else is out there that would love some support in the GTA?

Anyone in the Ottawa / Gatineau area. Was operated in Montreal had a sleeve with no real instructions at a month with no weight loss in 10 days eating 700-1000 calories a day in form of shakes and homemade Soups or chilli . Discouraged trying to get more info ....

Might there be a group meeting happening in Mississauga on Sept 1 or 2? Traveling from BC to have the procedure done with Dr Colborne on Sept 3, would love to see your successes!

I am in Mississauga also, and going to dr Colbern my band will happen on September 17th......I was wondering if anyone knows the price difference between a band and a sleeve?

I too live in Vaughan Liz. I was re-banded July 3, 2012. Pls post when and where the meetings are/will take place. Mary