Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't know why...

Laurend: You are right!!!

Maybe is not society the one imposing certain standards on us, maybe is us as women. We feel that we have to impress other women, not exactly our own man or other man, but OTHER women.

I have three brothers. My brother was saying: Where you girls see a big butt, we see beautiful curves. Where you see a "fat" girl we see a voluptuous woman."You girls think that you know exactly what man like, and the reality is that is you women the ones that are so freaking hard on each other".

So are we bad to each other or what?? I have tons of acquintances but only one best friend. Growing up my best friend was a guy.

Your brother has it right.

Not many guys I know like STICKS. :biggrin1:

I used to dress (and I don't mean "get dressed", I mean dress) before I gained the weight. But when I was at or near my highest, you wouldn't have caught me dead in a pair of heels. For one, because I looked ridiculous in anything you would wear heels with. Even jeans. For two, my shoe size had gone up to a 12 and sometimes a 13. Good luck finding a cute heel in that size. And if you do manage, it's going to be plastic. And it is harder to walk in heels when you're heavier. It went from second nature, to oh my gumby my feet are killing me! And situational depression, and I just quit caring. Ugh! I really hit a low. I remember once, after our house was built and we were making plans to occupy, I had to stop by the realtor's office to pick up the key. Our realtor wasn't there, but one of her coworkers I'd never met was. When I told her I needed the key to the house, she asked why. I said, "So we can start moving in...?" And she was like, "Oh! You're the owner? I thought you were the cleaning lady."

I'm still a big handful of sizes from my "ideal" size, but I've picked it up. I'm back in heels, actually styling my hair, and actually putting togeter outfits. Doing all the things I abandoned as the weight packed on. I forgot how fun accessories can be!

And in my case, I'm not trying to attract a man. I've been married for (going on) 10 years. To me, when I wear nice things, I feel good. I feel human. I still don't feel attractive, and that's ok - because feeling good is enough. I do believe that how you present yourself can completely impact how you feel. It's hard to wear a nice, well put-together outfit, know you look nice, and still feel crappy. I lost touch with feeling good about myself for a long time. It's hard to feel good when you don't even feel human. And I'm loving getting back into it. :)

Speaking of, Avenue has some pretty cute dresses this season. I'm thinking about picking this up. It surprisingly looked really cute on (except for my flabby arms - can you say "cover up"?)

post-205294-1381313481317_thumb.jpg

I still don't feel attractive, and that's ok - because feeling good is enough.

How can you even think that??? You are the cutest thing going on at LBT. Your avitar reminds me of Annie Potts (whom I dearly LOVE).

:phanvanI am not trying to get anything started. I know that the RN is not a very popular bandster, but I do have to say that the CD's that she sells have been very helpful to me. I have horrible insomnia and bought some relaxation CD's that cost a whole lot more than the ones that she sells. I believe that her package has 5 or 6 for less money than I paid for one CD

that I have bought online.

My surgeon made me go to counseling before I could get banded. The therapist really stressed that self hypnosis is a very helpful tool along with the band to help with stress eating. I checked out several people who helped with eating and they all charged in the range of $75 per hour. Those

CD's are geared towards bandsters and I love listening to them. I can be having a bad day and all I want to do is run to the Dairy Queen, and then I lay down and listen to one of them instead, and I am motivated to eat properly and follow the rules for the rest of the day. I have to say, they have saved me from overeating junk food on more than one occasion.

Anyway, she may have been banned from several boards, and I know she comes across as a big no it all, but I have to say, I really do like those CD's. I hope I don't end up with another big bunch of posts against

what I have said. I am just trying to say that I appreciate the fact that those CD's were available to me when I needed help. I try to fall asleep to one of them every night. I hope I am not sorry for posting this! I am not one to be a trouble maker.

Anyway, she may have been banned from several boards, and I know she comes across as a big no it all, but I have to say, I really do like those CD's. I hope I don't end up with another big bunch of posts against what I have said. I am just trying to say that I appreciate the fact that those CD's were available to me when I needed help. I try to fall asleep to one of them every night. I hope I am not sorry for posting this! I am not one to be a trouble maker.

I'm happy for you that they work. Sometimes it is really hard to find what works for you. That 'trick' of what works for each person is hard to find at times. You are the first person I have seen that said the CDs work. Everyone else feels they are a waste of money.

It is extremely unlikely that I would ever give Sandy a penny. Her misrepresentation of the facts, the game playing, the power issues, the control issues, the horrible attitude, and the way she treats others is a big factor. She does not deserve my business. I wouldn't purchase products from someone in real time if they are a Sandy-wannabe, why would anyone put up with it on line?

I hope I am not sorry for posting this! I am not one to be a trouble maker.

Denise...

You post anything you like. You are just as entitled to share your opinion as the rest of us.

I bought some great self-hypnosis tapes years ago and they were not expensive. I got them at the health food store. I became so addicted to the guy's voice, I could not go to sleep without a tape player and headphones available!

Denise...

You post anything you like. You are just as entitled to share your opinion as the rest of us.

I bought some great self-hypnosis tapes years ago and they were not expensive. I got them at the health food store. I became so addicted to the guy's voice, I could not go to sleep without a tape player and headphones available!

I never thought to look at the health food store for self hynosis tapes. I have such a hard time falling asleep and it's such a big problem in my life. I find it easier to listen to something like that than to let my mind race when it's time to fall asleep. I googled insomnia and there were a lot of web sites selling CD's that were really expensive. We only have one health food store in this rinky dink town I live in, but I will look there. thanks!:)

The CD's have several tracks to them. If I set it to the relaxation and skip the beginning, there are relaxation techniques to follow. There is one CD in the set that is made for using to fall asleep at night. I like them. I have others where the person's voice is so annoying, the last thing they would do is relax me. This lady's voice is pretty soothing. It's not the RN's voice either. This lady is a hypnotherapist.