Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When the truth is inconvenient . . .

Hi sweetie. I was pretty sure you had been a very sick puppy after that last round of chemo and the rest of your radiation. Thank goodness that's behind you!

I think about you every day. I miss you too. Very, very much. I've been away from the office/computer and only jump on periodically for a few minutes to try to slay some dragons. HA!

This whole LBT rants and raves things has become very theraputic for me. I prefer participating on these threads than obsessing about my weight these days.

Hope you'll feel like coming back into the fold full time because we sure do need your input. Has anyone told you lately that you're brilliant? Well remember how often people told you that at LBT? You gotta miss that!

Hey, hi to everyone from me.

Yep, the weight issue is so complicated. I have got my mate telling me that he prefers me between 140 -150 lbs but now he is telling me that I look beautiful and very elegant. And then yesterday he finally discovered that before I got banded I weighed 200 lbs. This really shocked the poor guy, then he thought about it and said, "you didn't look like you weighed 200." And the truth is that he has always liked fleshy, curvy women, something which I was not! I was built more like a love seat with tiny little legs and arms - the curse of the apple-type gone to seed.

As for the individual who made the remark about my weight problem after noting down my BMI, I think I know who she is. If I am right, she is my hospital dietician (well, the one assigned to my case) and she is herself morbidly obese. She was pissed off with me because I wasn't following her diet plan and then I avoided seeing her; I wasn't following her plan out of caprice but because I was too sick to follow it, something which she didn't seem to be able to take into account. That is why I soon began to avoid seeing her. There was no reason for these conversations which were going nowhere. I was tired, ill, throwing up, and didn't want to discuss Carnation Instant Breakfasts - blehhhh - I just wanted to be home and in my bed.

Hah! And as for these weights, I haven't been this little since I was in my 20s. That's like 40 years ago. I would have thought I was fat back then....... LOL

It is really good to hear from you green. I am glad the radiation treatment is behind you. Hope you soon get rid of the sickness and taste issues. Like the others I think of you a lot and miss your posts. Anyway just concentrate on getting well (As if you wouldn't). Now sending good vibes, hope you get them

Ingrid