Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months out & struggling

Congratulations on reaching Onederland! Very frustrating to have a three-week stall but you got through that and put the 200s behind you. I am so looking forward to that day! Maybe you're afraid of another stall or just a little nervous about how your life is changing so quickly. Ironically, sometimes we're afraid we're going to screw something up so we go ahead and.....screw it up. Not sure what that is, but it's a very human tendency. Be careful not to let self-sabotage into the game. Be kind to yourself. Use positive self-talk. You have chosen yourself and your health above everything else and you deserve all good things. Best wishes to you!

Many great positive points to get back on the weight loss horse.

I just had my surgery Wednesday and I just can't for the life of me understand why someone would have major surgery that could have caused them to die and then start eating crap again. It blows my mind.

Just wondering how is this helpful?

It's helpful because some people need a wake up call and have the truth lay bare to them instead of a "there, there" pat on the head.

She went through all of this just to sabotage herself with junk food? She made a conscious choice to risk DEATH to be healthy. Someone needs to give her a shake so she can wake up and see what she's doing. It's not worth it. There's people in her life that love her and want her to be around longer.

I agree this was a huge step. I just had surgery last Monday 5-19, and although tough love is good sometimes, many people were risking death had they not done something; But we are people and the short time I have been on the no cheating track it's certain I could not maintain this level of restriction forever. Complete deprivation was probably the ruin of many of our past failures. I guess what I'm saying is if after 5 relatively short months and 80 lbs down, I think the recognition of the danger and seeking help is a sign of learned discipline and continued commitment. Do talk with the nut, find some suitable "cheats", keep it small, and build it into your diet once or twice a week. Key will be not having bad stuff on hand in any measurable quantity.

I know just a week this is just my two cents but I know people are not perfect but it seems to me a controlled, planned splurge, on occasion is easier to manage that a meltdown from human frustration and frailty.

To you who had surgery a week ago, its so easy to be judgmental. To everyone else- I am now down 100 lbs. First off life changes don't happen over night, or just because one has surgery. I recognize daily - things that need to be tweaked and changed. Life still happens, parties still happen. I'm so grateful that I can self evaluate everyday and feel so blessed to have this amazing tool to help me move forward. This will be a war that I will be fighting my entire life.

I hope I in no way made you feel unsupported... I may have said it badly but I understand people are human and no one can stay restricted like this forever. I believe deprivation will lead to failure you have yo have some food pleasures because that is normal and natural. I think you have done great by recognizing you getter away from your plan. I will be thrilled if I can drop 80 pounds in 5 months. Basically I'm on your side and did not mean to sound critical. This s##t is hard.

I hope I in no way made you feel unsupported... I may have said it badly but I understand people are human and no one can stay restricted like this forever. I believe deprivation will lead to failure you have yo have some food pleasures because that is normal and natural. I think you have done great by recognizing you getter away from your plan. I will be thrilled if I can drop 80 pounds in 5 months. Basically I'm on your side and did not mean to sound critical. This s##t is hard.

I don't think she was referring to you but another person who made a comment. Your comment was supportive. And to the one who started this thread hang in there. We all struggle. You have done great. I like the advice about not having it in the house but that can be difficult if we don't live alone. Just take it a day at a time and you can start over anytime.