Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfortunately, I got my period the day before surgery 8/5/15 and was pretty much normal but then it came again 8/28/15 (23 days later) and ended 9/03/15.

And right now I am bleeding btwn periods, for the past 2 days I've had very light yet steady blood flow so I'm like is it the sudden lose in weight ? or nutrition ?

I'm still going to my Doctor on saturday, I am my own worst enemy at times, damn google makes you think all types of craziness. Either way...hopefully I'll get an answer of what's going on .

:(

post-262431-0-70641700-1441942409_thumb.jpg

My problem is just the opposite. Mine isn't late, it just won't stop!

I was (I thought) in perimenopause. I had 2-3 periods in the last two years. (It was kinda nice!!) But after being on an all-liquid diet for two weeks before my surgery, I started my period two days before. I've been having my period ever since!! That's almost a month!! I'm hoping it stops soon..... I'm kinda sick of it!

Is this happening to anyone else?

So happy for this site. I seriously was going to go to urgent care. Its been kike 2wks and im.still on. I was on bc and havent had a period in years to now this. Def about to get bck on BC asap.

Mine started 2 days after surgery, it was normal. Then the one this month was OMG! I had to get online here and read about periods it made me so nervous but thankfully it didn't last long.

I'm a bit worried about next month now.

So happy for this site. I seriously was going to go to urgent care. Its been **** 2wks and im.still on. I was on bc and havent had a period in years to now this. Def about to get bck on BC asap.

I started mine at the hospital right before surgery. This was a week ago. They were giving me lovenox in the hospital so I thought maybe it was the reason it was heavy. But I've been home from the hospital since Thursday and it's still here ????????. I have the Merena IUD and it's been irregular and a non issue when it does come but geez it's not like that now.

Totally normal. I was sleeved in June. Missed 3 months in Sept, Oct, Nov and now I started again and it's heavy! Also, during those three months I lost a lot of hair. My hair has stopped falling out finally. ????????

Good luck.

I had my sleeve October 2015, and my hair has thinned a lot. In fact, it's still falling out, but it has slowed considerably. My doctor and nutritionist have both assured me that it's normal and my hair will come back. I don't have bald Patches, but my hair is very thin. I think it's more noticeable to me than it is to everyone else.

I don't think it has anything to do with low Protein because I get more than enough Protein every day, and the hair thinning still occurred.

Before my surgery I hadn't had my period in 6 months I got sleeve on January 17th got my period 3 days later and I still have it two weeks out straight so frustrating guess I'm making up for lost time

I know this is an old thread, but I’m so happy to have found it and be able to see I’m not alone. I’ve been spotting every two weeks for the last two months. I had bypass on May 15th and had to stop taking bc. I started back up two months later and was regular, then all of a sudden I started getting the cramps and cravings with little to no spotting. But now it’s like a full blown slaughter going on. Will this regulate?

Hello hoping to get help. I am 8mos post RNY and my period is over a week late. I was irregular the first few months but the last 5 have been on point as usual. Took hpt today and it's negative so 🤷

Did anyone else experience changes in AF this late in the process??

Shared experience welcome 😊

After surgery my periods were normal for a couple of months then I went on the Depo-provera shot BC and that was the worst decision I have ever made. I have pretty much been bleeding non-stop since March 2021. There have been about two months recently when it would stop for 3-4 weeks which I assume means it's going back to normal but then when the period comes it lasts for 3 weeks minimum. It was at least like spotting level but this last one has been full out heavy the whole time. Doctor has checked everything, hormone levels, everything and it's all fine. Everything healthy just obviously a low Iron level. I started taking a different iron supplement and it seemed to help for a while but I am at a loss. I've heard it can take a year for your body to recover from the Depo shot and that on top of the weightless I imagine my body is panicking. I would just sincerely love for it to go back to normal. This one I'm on right now has been brutal, full on symptoms and just no respite.