Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so maybe I’m a tad off, but I am still CELEBRATING! I had VSG with Dr. Ramos Kelly in Tijuana, Mexico a little over 2 weeks ago on the 4th of March. Last night I was having my dinner and it seemed like I was never going to get full. Now, mind you, at the present time, ‘never getting full’ means I’m almost headed to ¾ of a cup of Soup. I felt like I could just keep eating. I was bummed because my first thought was “This isn’t working”. Yesterday, I also thought about the concept that some call sliming when they eat too much. I was proud that I had not performed that little maneuver, but at the same time, a little bit bummed because it also made me thing “This isn’t working”. Read, I WANT TO SLIME LIKE ALL THE OTHER KIDS!

Now, you may be asking yourself, “Jackarae, just what are you CELEBRATING”?. Well I will tell you, today, I got really adventurous and tried to eat something new and not only was I only able to eat a little over half of what I had doled out, it actually tore me up and made me so stinkin’ uncomfortable that I thought I was gonna die, I mean Roseanne Roseannadanna thought.I.was.gonna.die! AND, guess what, guess what, I also SLIMED! Now I’m smiling through the pain, I know this is gonna work and it’s making me happy. Maybe I’m some kind of sick ticket, but remember, It’s the little things in life that make it worthwhile!

Jackarae

He's Got the Whole World, In His Hands....

You know....at first I'm reading this post and saying...really? But then after thinking about what you're saying, I truly do feel you!! I was the same way post-op!! I was sleeved on 1/27, and I had my very first slime and vomit last Thursday!! Ironically this was after I posted to someone else that I had not had an episode during my entire 6 weeks post-op!! So I definitely know what you're saying, and I do wish you the very best success!!

Um can you guys explain this sliming thingy?? and if i'm reading correctly, are you're saying that you kno it's working if you encounter this? It doesnt sound nice but if it shows me something then imma be looking for it soon...lol

Thanks for sharing that Bry, yeah it does seem that kind of stuff usually happens that way, right after you say never! I wish you much success as well!

KeeKee, sliming is like before you had surgery you might have an episode where you felt like you might toss your Cookies and it's like your mouth is watering but more at the back if your throat. It's part mucous and part saliva, or so it seems to me. I don't think it happens with everyone, but it was interesting to me that I noticed that I hadn't experienced it and BOOM, the very next day there it is. Now, after surgery, I suppose it something that happened as a result of eating the wrong thing and as a precursor to throwing up. I didn't actually vomit any food, just some slime. Don't worry if it never happens to you, you've always got the numbers going down on the scale and smaller clothing sizes to look forward to.

Uhhh ... to those reading at home, this is not a good way to test your sleeve's effectiveness. Even though I am not a Dr, nor do I play one on TV or the internet ... from what I understand, this is a great way of raising the risk of a leak.

Now, before the folks on this thread flame me, I am not judging what you did, or what you do going forward. I just know there are going to be hundreds of folks reading this and they need to know they need to consult their Dr before performing a similar test.

Sorry for any confusion PDX, this was in no way a test. I DID NOT test my sleeve on purpose or eat something to attempt to force discomfort or anything like that. You have got to be kidding me, at only two weeks out I'm still a little sensitive and extremely respectful of what has been done to my body. I was merely reporting how something played out and even though it was an uncomfortable situation I chose to take that lemon and make 2-4 TBSPs of lemonade, which of course I can't drink cuz we ain't supposed to have any citrus juice this close in.

I sure hope that no one flames you! There is no need for that at all. After all, with electronic communication, I believe that everyone deserves a wide birth. At the end of the event, I'm still happy to know this is so working and well.

So to be clear: KIDS, PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

Namaste y'all.

Exactly as Jackarae posted, this was and should not be in no way any type of test!! And believe you me, no adverse experience was ever done on purpose!!! I am doing as prescribed as closely as possible, and the episode I did have...although it was indeed an accident...was entirely due to me missing the warning signs. When it did indeed happen, the only thoughts I had was my surgeon, my nutritionist, and the many forms of literature saying to me in unison "TOLD YOU SO"!!!

Amen to that BryBro! I remember when I was doing my very first ice chips and then my first broth, I was quite certain I would be scared to death to ever put anything more substantial in my mouth. We have to learn to jockey our new tummies and each phase is a whole new experience. I've not eaten much today at all but I'm slowly sipping on some Isopure, which is just plain nasty, but very helpful in getting the Protein in and to tell you the truth, I've definitely turned the corner in how I feel. Which is much better! What was your experience in how you felt energy wise etc. from what I recall you had your op in late January so that would put you 4-5 weeks ahead of me. I would be interested in hearing how your recovery has gone.

Ok, so maybe I’m a tad off, but I am still CELEBRATING! I had VSG with Dr. Ramos Kelly in Tijuana, Mexico a little over 2 weeks ago on the 4th of March. Last night I was having my dinner and it seemed like I was never going to get full. Now, mind you, at the present time, ‘never getting full’ means I’m almost headed to ¾ of a cup of Soup. I felt like I could just keep eating. I was bummed because my first thought was “This isn’t working”. Yesterday, I also thought about the concept that some call sliming when they eat too much. I was proud that I had not performed that little maneuver, but at the same time, a little bit bummed because it also made me thing “This isn’t working”. Read, I WANT TO SLIME LIKE ALL THE OTHER KIDS!

Now, you may be asking yourself, “Jackarae, just what are you CELEBRATING”?. Well I will tell you, today, I got really adventurous and tried to eat something new and not only was I only able to eat a little over half of what I had doled out, it actually tore me up and made me so stinkin’ uncomfortable that I thought I was gonna die, I mean Roseanne Roseannadanna thought.I.was.gonna.die! AND, guess what, guess what, I also SLIMED! Now I’m smiling through the pain, I know this is gonna work and it’s making me happy. Maybe I’m some kind of sick ticket, but remember, It’s the little things in life that make it worthwhile!

Jackarae

Your funny. We can hold more liguids ... as they tend to go right through us...its the solids and pureed foods thay will get you if you don't take time between bites and chew very well before swallowing.

So far the recovery has gone very well!! I was so anxious and couldn't wait to get the green light to get back to the gym!!! Also, the gradual process of getting in more solid food takes a lot of practice, but it's going well. According to my nutritionist, this is a very necessary process, since your body MUST get used to solid foods again! You must get used to the smaller portions, and I personally had to reteach myself to not always 'clean my plate'...learn your body, and know when you're full. As long as you make sure to get in your Proteins, and get on your liquids, you should be good and not have to deal with being weak or tired.

Please keep in touch, and let me know how you're doing!

Jackarae

Your funny. We can hold more liguids ... as they tend to go right through us...its the solids and pureed foods thay will get you if you don't take time between bites and chew very well before swallowing.

Thanks Amazyme, you are so right. It is a whole new experience trying to eat slowly. I'm good at the chewing, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why in the world I feel the need to rush through an entire 1/4 cup of Soup? ?? What's with that. I learned quickly yesterday and stuck with shakes for the rest of the day.