Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what to do when something is stuck

That's crazy that you attempted to eat something 2 days after the surgery, I drank Water and Soup base for 3 weeks and Soups for 2 weeks under doctor orders.

I'm an expert at this...ask my children! hahah

1st, get your favorite liquid...one that tastes just as good coming back up that it does going down.

2nd, get to the kitchen sink w/ a garbage disposal

3rd, place your left arm w/ fist on the counter/edge of sink.

4th, lean into the arm/fist w/ the fist in the himlec position

5th, Drink the liquid fast and gulp...until you just can't hold anymore

6th, lean into the arm/fist w/ a little pressure...weight behind it

7th, make sure you don't have a dangly necklace or hair in the way

8th, aim for the target...the opening of the disposal

Repeat steps 5-8 as needed

Hahahah, WASaBubbleButt...that's funny....

I slimed up something leaving walmart....on vacation w/ my sister...I just leaned over and let it come out...

my sister screamed when she saw the bubble...

hahahha

So funny.

What was that old old song... tiny bubbles??? Something like that?

Use the same music and put "Stoma bubbles....."

Or the Oscar Meyer weener song... Tiny bubbles, when I stoma spew I make tiny bubbles...

WasA, how did you discover pineapple juice works, anyway?

I am getting a fill tomorrow. It makes me nervous. I went to support group tonight and told his nurse that I go from throwing up all the time to no restriction at all. I am hoping for "the sweet

spot" since after almost a year, I still haven't found it.

I have pineapple juice all ready. I should take some to work.

The thing that gets me sometimes is throwing up nothing but foam and then it finally settles down. It's weird. Several times I never threw up the actual stuck food, just the slime. I have had

a break from all of this since I had my de-fill and I sure don't want

to go back to it either. I'll be on liquids for 24 hours after the fill,

but I am anxious to find out if I have restriction since I need my band to work!

WasA, how did you discover pineapple juice works, anyway?

I am getting a fill tomorrow. It makes me nervous. I went to support group tonight and told his nurse that I go from throwing up all the time to no restriction at all. I am hoping for "the sweet

spot" since after almost a year, I still haven't found it.

I have pineapple juice all ready. I should take some to work.

The thing that gets me sometimes is throwing up nothing but foam and then it finally settles down. It's weird. Several times I never threw up the actual stuck food, just the slime. I have had

a break from all of this since I had my de-fill and I sure don't want

to go back to it either. I'll be on liquids for 24 hours after the fill,

but I am anxious to find out if I have restriction since I need my band to work!

I don't remember where I heard about/read about pineapple juice, I know I bought some before I was banded to be ready for it.

There is another cure for foaming. I swallow about 1/2-3/4 teaspoon of oil/vinegar based salad dressing. The vinegar stops the foaming and the oil makes it slide down sometimes. Doesn't work all the time but a good part of the time. Something like Italian dressing.

There is another cure for foaming. I swallow about 1/2-3/4 teaspoon of oil/vinegar based salad dressing. The vinegar stops the foaming and the oil makes it slide down sometimes. Doesn't work all the time but a good part of the time. Something like Italian dressing.

That's good to know!! I thought I was possessed when I ralphed up foam the other day!!! :sick

I'm not getting as much sliming as I was last week but I think I'm going to get some of this pineapple juice to keep on hand!

Thought I would update ya on my "stuck." I ended up in the hospital over night. The doc on call wouldn't come in and said to just give me fluids and pain meds until the morning. It was horrible. They had to give me morphine. The next morning, my regular band PA came in and was so pissed off. She couldn't believe what happened to me. She took out most of my fill and I had immediate relief. I tell ya- what a nightmare. I have a feeling that the doc on call is in a bit of trouble! By the way, I tried every thing in the book to get unstuck. I think sometimes the only solution is to get unfilled.

That really sucks. Once, I thought I was going to have to go to the ER. I got stuck on some dry fish, and threw up for 2 solid hours. I was really afraid.

I got my fill, and I think I am good. I am going to try so hard not to take big bites and not get stuck. I hate it when my puking goes on and on. I did liquids for 2 days after the fill, and today I ate a small amount of chicken breast. I know I am tight, because I could hardly eat the chicken breast. I have to be really careful now.

It takes a long time to get used to being banded and learning how

to manage all of this. I am saying this because so many new people are getting banded all the time, and it's scary when you get stuck, and can't get unstuck.

The crazy thing for me was the fact that I really don't know what I got stuck on. I know I chewed the heck out of my food that night. Now I am scared to get a fill again. I had just had my 3rd fill 2 weeks prior to this and it was my sweet spot. Now I am not so sure! Maybe my sweet spot was a bit too tight! I am gonna wait until after the new year to get a fill. Right now I am a bit gun shy, not to mention my tummy still being a bit swollen and sore!

Did they tell you to stay on liquids for a few days to let everything rest? I would imagine you have some swelling in there too.

I think it's a good idea to wait awhile for a fill too. I waited 2 months after being too tight and getting stuck all the time. I really think my tummy needed a rest. I didn't lose anything, but

I didn't gain anything either.