Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

HAPPY BANDAVERSERY TO MY FELLOW BANDERS CELEBRATING TODAY. WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES. ONE YEAR AGO TODAY I WAS FLYING TO MEXICO BY MYSELF WITH ONLY TWO PEOPLE KNOWING WHAT I WAS DOING TO HAVE THIS DONE. EVEN MY KIDS DIDN'T KNOW. SINCE I HAD IT DONE THOUGH I'M A "BLABBER MOUTH BANDER". IN OTHER WORDS EVERYBODY KNOWS. I'M ACTUALLY QUITE PROUD OF THIS AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY. I HAVE 20 MORE POUNDS TO LOSE AND I'LL GET THERE THIS YEAR.

LAURIE

:thumbup:

BANDED AT 205

TODAY I'M 150

Congrats on your success, Laurie! And on your blabbermouthedness! I, too, tend to tell just about everyone.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Band day is tomorrow for me, but I might not be online. So, here's the anniversary pics. That's a 36 waist pant and a medium shirt in the top pics, 48 and 3XL in the bottom ones

post-0-13813137125331_thumb.jpg

post-0-1381313712577_thumb.jpg

post-0-1381313712616_thumb.jpg

post-0-13813137126479_thumb.jpg

Great job! It has been an amazing year! I would sure do it again and again if I had to, it was the best decision I have ever made for my health. I would love to hear how other May bandsters are doing also.

Manatee, you look FABulous!

I'm going to be taking some one year pics soon and will post or link them in this thread.

I just had my one year upper GI and he said it looked ok. thank you God. I can't believe a year's gone by. I will try to lose my last 20lbs and get on with shopping! oh well, it will be a year on May 31st. Love my band.

annielkd, wow, you lost soooo much weight in a year, how wonderful! do you have much more to lose? great job. delo

I actually don't know where or when I want to stop. I've talked it over with my doctor... I would like to lose about 25 more pounds... he said I'm at goal weight... my husband said 15... so we will see. If I don't lost any more at this point.. I'm fine with it. BUT, 10 pounds would get me down to a size 10/12... and I'd love that!

By the way Delo... you look fab! Is anyone else is shock that a year has gone by (it flew) and that we are all new people? I lost the weight... got new clothes... cut my hair short short... (It was long and stringy before)... most likely changed my attitude too. I'm a new person in a year! Who would have thought!!!!!!

I agree, how fast this year flew by! I love the new energy I have. Life is wonderful! It will be fun to see what this next year is like for us.

annielkd, congrats on your success!

I also feel like a completely new person. I have so much energy, where before I had less than zero. The year did fly by....

Congratulations to all who have reached their one year Anniversary!!! It has been one heck of a year.

I have made an appointment with the Doc for tomorrow. I have been haveing on and off acid reflux at night. I called and had a long talk with the PN (she is great) and she said I need a slight unfill and I need to start taking fruit and veg enzymes. She said I might not getting enough of these in my diet and that can cause digestion problems that lead to heartburn and acid reflux. Has anyone else heard of that? My last fill was five weeks ago, I have only lost 2 lbs since then. I think I am too tight. I just can't seem to eat the good stuff, (chicken, tuna, veggies) but I sure can eat the bad stuff, cho, ice cream. So I am hoping that the "slight" unfill will help. We shall see........ on a good note, I have been working out 3-4 days a week, I have lost a pant size in the past month, and feel like I am more toned.

Laura

So......I'm thinking of cheating.

I'm considering using Lipo and such to eliminate the spare tire. When I take a good look at my body, I'm only really bothered by that part. The rest of it is reasonable for a middle-aged dude.

Anyone have any experience with abdominal lipo?