Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

That is wonderful! I am so happy for you and your daughter!

Maureen

Dear Sweet Amayzing Bandsters!

My daughter is getting married! I am so happy!

Blessings, Weazer

Well its been a month since I was deflaited!!!!! So went for my fill today. She put it 1.2 cc. We will be doind tiny fills from here on out since 2 cc was not pleasant. I am excited to start feeling some restriction again and to start loosing some LBS!!!!!!!!! I had Soup for lunch....and been back on my band rules today!!!!!!! Maybe the scale will start moving!!!!! Also my Doc's assistant said....Wow you only gained 8 lbs back. Most patients that get a total unfill gain about a pound a day till they are able to come back. So I as unfilled for 29 days!!!!

Sandra

hi all... Sorry its bern a while.. We are moving and do not have internet just yet.. Will update more later... Everyone is doing great!!!

I made it to 199 today! I have not weighed this much in MANY YEARS! I am beyond excited... I even made my hubby come look at the scale for himself today. My band is amazing!

I am starting to be able to see the lump that is my port under the skin now. It is kind of gross looking but not near as gross as my pre-surgery fat.

Daughter Update- Last week her ENT refused to do surgery again saying he wanted to wait until late December to put new tubes in. We compromised by setting a surgery date and an appointment just prior to it so we could cancel surgery if she improved. This weekend she got her 103 fever back and moped around all weekend. I have been taking her to school every morning medicated so she can at least make it til 10:00. Yesterday the nurse told me not to bother bringing her because they are afraid she will catch something else.

I called the ENT's nurse who was glad to give me antibiotics but said he did not want to move her surgery up. I had a nervous breakdown over the phone and told her she was not to speak for the Dr unless she had actually asked him to move it up. She called me back with her tail between her legs and they moved the surgery up to Monday. Thank God!

I have a long week ahead of me, I think I am going to go defrost any ice cream in the house because I just dont think I can take knowing its there!

Ragdoll, CONGRATS on hitting ONEderland!! I'm so excited about getting there myself (but it's a ways away). I can almost imagine how it makes you feel. Good job!!!!

I'll be thinking good thoughts for your daughter in the upcoming days. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Ragdoll...

ONEDERLAND...that's so fantastic! It's a landmark never to be crossed again!!!

PS...way to stick up for your kid...sometimes we have to be a "mama bear" to get our kids what they need. My kids call it "puttn' on the big bad mama boots" LOL :)

Sue

Yeah Ragdoll! Oh happy day! Well, I did my monthly wgh in and I was only at 188. I shouldn't complain...I'll take it...but darn, I felt like I had lost 10 pds. Oh, well, it feels good to be in the 180's. Now for my next goal..the 170's! It may take a couple of months..but that's o.k. I feel so good!

Blessings all you Amazing Bandsters!

Weazer

So I finally got filled on Wednesday. I had a empty band for a month!! I was soooo excited to get a fill and feel some restricion, but guess what???? I HAVE NO RESTRICTION!!! I was soooo waiting to have that full feeling after eating a couple of bites....but nope....I dont feel a thing. For some reason I feel like she may have missed my port and just injected the saline into my body because it felt cold going in. Does that make sense.

Sandra

255h/242s/184c/165g

Sometimes it would take my fills two weeks to get the restriction. That is strange that it felt cold though. But, I can't imagine them missing. It would be really hard to do.

You have done so good with your wght loss. you are so close to goal. I just know you are going to be the first one to get there. Maybe they will give you another fill in three weeks or so. My doc did that when I told him I didn't have enough restriction.

Blessings, Weazer

Well my fills are usually very difficult...it has never been done on the first try, but this one was. I will give it two weeks and if I still dont fill anything I will have to go back. She put 1.2 cc in my 4 cc band. Last time I got 2 cc and was in bad shape. Thanks Mini and by the way you are doing GREAT!! We are 4 lbs away from each other!!!

Hey everyone! Just stopping in to say hi. you all are doing great! My weight loss is sooooo slow now. I am losing only about 5 pounds per month. my December goal is just to make it through the holidays without gaining weight. It is sure hard with all the sweets and treats around everywhere. For some reason the sweet stuff goes down real easy. . . go figure. I'm trying to eat more of the good stuff to get out of the starvation mode that I have been in and has caused me to plateau. I also need to start exercising more every day. It's hard to go out when it is cold. snuggling up in front of the fire with a good book sounds so much better!!!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Sandra,

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel really good! I hope to loose these 8 pds this month and am going to give it my best. 180 is my goal for Jan 1rst. I know I can do it if I don't eat icecream! It's my favorite! Yesterday I made a batch of Soup, and three casserol's. I divied them up into single serving bowls and froze them so that I will have good food to eat for a couple of weeks. I do really good on casserols because they are soft and juicy and cheesy! Wenjea, I know what you mean about the sweets....but, the longer you stay off of them...the easier it gets. I have a mentaly handicapped 40 something brother...he always has pockets of sweet stuff and he gives it to anyone he meets that day. He won't take no for an answer. He gave me about three of the chocolate bells that are wrapped in foil. I took a nibble and it tasted awful. I am getting picky about the sweet stuff too. I broke down and bought my daughter a big thick milk chocolate bar...and had her break me off two squares...took the tiniest bite (it was good) and stuck it in the fridge..later that night my friend came by to help me eat some casserol. I broke my chocolate in half with her for our dessert! We can do this. One day at a time.

Blessings all my Amayzing Bandsters!

Weazer