Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

OH I just went and looked at the wedding pictures....They are just stunning....you looked wonderful...and so happy!!! All my congrats go to you both

I know...mine went down a pound WOOOOHOOO!!!!

We are amazing May bandsters arent we????

Thanksgiving was great...I had at least a taste of everything!

Mt favorite was my Fat-free sugar-free Crustless pumpkin Pie (Pumkin Custard). It turned out great, what a great treat, full of Vitamins and 70 calories per serving...same as FF SF pudding. I'm going to keep some on hand through the holidays!

Those of you who have trouble with restriction when eating out, Wendy gave me a great tip...ask for a cup of hot Water or tea before your meal. It loosens up the band, lessening the chance of PGing. You still get full and stay full, but you can eat a healthy meal, with less worries.

Sue

Me again...6 months today. :wacko:

Had a great NSV today. My sister-in-law called me today to ask if she could come work out with me some time. She's been doing Weight-watchers...forever, and surprise surprise she is gaining the weight back. She was sitting next to me at Thankgiving, and commented that she was surprised that I could eat everything served, and I'm still loosing weight. She says I'm looking so "fit" that I must be doing something more than just loosing weight. She's going to come down to lift weights with me some time. I really feel like even a moderate amount of weights makes such a difference in toning and boosting metabolism.

Sure helps the motivation to have someone notice, especiallywhen they say you're looking "fit", not just smaller.

Oh, and on the scale...I was hoping not to gain over Thanksgiving, and I LOST a pound. Gives me hope that I can get through the next 6 weeks that include my birthday, christmas and a cruise.

Sue

Sorry I have been MIA!!!! Since I have no fill....I fell like there is noooo band and I have been fighting my food demons. Self control is HELL!!! So far I have been staying between 185-187. I had to cook for Thanksgiving...so of course I did all the baking and cooking so fell like I ate soooo much but my husbands reasures me that I did not eat very much. I feel like I did so I have not got on the scales since Thursday. Tuesday will be 4 weeks since all my fill was removed so I am head back for a small fill and see where I end up. I miss having restriction and I am ready to start loosing again. I have not thrown up for a month now.....I dont miss that but I do miss feeling like my band is work for me...making me stop eating! Well I just hope I can get back to that routine. I have been sooooooo bad about following the band rules. Does some one have those handy?? So I can review and start doing this right again.

Melissa I saw your wedding pics....you looked beautiful. Congrats to you and your husband you guys make a beautiful couple!!!!!!

Everyone seems to be doing great!!!! Hope ya all had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/185c/165g

Melissa - loved the wedding pics, you looked so happy!! You were just shining!

I made it through Thanksgiving . . .up a couple pounds on Friday . . .down a couple on Saturday so all is fine. I ate more then I thought I could but not nearly as much as I usually do. I've been so busy with everything that I didn't get to the gym this weekend but will be there Monday with bells on my toes. I like giving myself permission to take off the holiday weekend, not gain weight, and get back on the horse on Monday. Before the Band I would of failed over the weekend and used that as an excuse to overeat until Christmas. I would of gained about 10-15 pounds and felt terrible about myself January 1st. i would of started a crazy diet and the circle would of started again for yet another year. It is so freeing to know for sure this year is different. . .

and I love that!

Good Morning to everyone....

You know I am so happy that every morning I wake up seems to have 1 more pound gone....Not sure what I am doing, but I WILL TAKE THAT!!!

This fill this past month has really helped with my Portion Control. It is amazing how much I use to allow myself to eat, because I could....I went back and looked at my before pictures yesterday and was in awe....

SUE11....My daughter and I joined the gym as well since my cycling has slowed becuase of the wonderful winter....I am at a total loss of a routine of knowing what to do when I am there...I mean yes , I know treadmill, eliptical, but when it comes to the weights?? NO CLUE....Any help of suggestions?????

Hello Everyone

Melissa - you look so wonderful. Many Blessings on your marrage.

Sue - Congrats on your 6 month mark. You are doing great

ITTAKS2 - Thanks for your kind words. We all experience a few bad moments with this band. But I would get it again in a heart beat. Let us know if you decide to get banded. This is a great place and the people are wonderful and you will find them to be your greatest support.

Hoosier - Yeeeee Haaaaa, great job on the size 22. I bet you feel great......I am so proud for you.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Laura

Time to refocus.

I'm up 5 lbs during this past week. I knew loosening the band would mean I had to be careful, but this really snuck up on me. Beware the liquid calories!

Manatee, what did I miss? Why did you have the band loosened? Did you need an unfill?

Do not beat yourself up, just refocus like you said. Today is a new day! Good Luck!

Third fill in late Sept was simply too tight, and after a month of vomiting and not loosing weight I had .3 taken back off. The problem is that I got into a bad habit of lots of liquid calories (cream Soups, starbucks, frostys, etc) during that month I couldn't eat. I just fired up the Fitday tracker to keep an eye on the calories and see if I can get moving again.

Manatee...

I've found Fitday to be a great tool, helps me know when I'm starting to slide up or down on calories. Get back in there, back to band basics and you will continue your sucess. Liquid calories are killer, and the solids are so much more satisfying.

Sue

Manatee-- Have you flown again since June when your port set off the metal detector? I have been to the airport a few times since getting my band but that was 40 lbs ago, I am flying Friday and was wondering if yuo had the same results if you traveled again?