Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Lizrbit and Mini, I can relate to the eating things we shouldn't and I can relate to the being bummed out. We're really all in this together. Do either of you have problems with the quanity your eating? I feel like I can eat too much over 2 cups of food at a sitting. I was under the impression that after lap band surgery we would not be able to eat this much any ideas or comments? any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Sheila

Cindyluhu, Thanks for the encouragement. I will post when I get back from my fluroscope Tommorrow. Did you feel any more restriction after your last fill/ If you don't mind saying what band do you have? and how much fill do you have. I know what your feeling. wish I had some answers? Sheila

hey Sheila!

it sounds like you need more restriction. I think im at great restriction right nowif i just would move my butt a little.

these days:

Solids i eat about three oz of meat at dinner with like an oz of veggies and an oz of starch.

lunch i can eat a plate sized salad thats mostly lettuce but then also has four cherry tomatoes, about a quarter cup of shredded cheese, a smattering of dried fried onions cause i love em, two tablespoons pork and Beans scattered across, three oz of some kind of meat across that and about three tablespoons of dressing.

Breakfast i either do a low carb slim fast or a bowl of oatmeal. IF IM BEING GOOD ill sneak in a bowl of Cereal OR a wieght watchers dessert too, after dinner. :o

i might be eating too much, i just realized it.....so heres what ive done in the past...go to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and set up a free account. once on there, add me as a friend (im lizrbit there too) and then honestly post everything you eat. do this for a few days and it will tell you exactly the calories, as well as the other nutritional content of what your eating. it really does help.

and if you blow it with a peice of cake the size of your head...then come back here and we can sit in a circle and talk about it. :) I love this stream.

Cindyluhu, Thanks for the encouragement. I will post when I get back from my fluroscope Tommorrow. Did you feel any more restriction after your last fill/ If you don't mind saying what band do you have? and how much fill do you have. I know what your feeling. wish I had some answers? Sheila

Hi Sheila,

I have the 4 cm band, and have a total fill of 2 cc. I feel I have good restriction, that's what I don't understand. Perhaps my calories aren't high enough at the moment, and my body thinks it is in starvation? I think I'm going to have to fool myself and trick my body. Guess that means no more fooling around and get up and exercise again. I also have slacked in the drinking department (crystal light that is)!!

Thanks for the response

Cindy

lizrbit...

I love fitday.com, it has helped me so much to really pay attention to what I'm eating and what's in the food I eat. I thought I was being a good girl the other day with my Taco Bell salad...I only ate a little of the shell. i looked up the nutritional info...it was over 1000 calories!!! That's how much I eat in a whole day!

Fitday has also helped me to be certain I'm eating enough. I've had a couple times when I have thrown myself into starvation mode, i changed it up (eating more, but keeping it healthy) and the scale moves again. I've come to find that changing my food intake and my exercise is important. The body wants to stay at a constant state, so your metabolism will match your intake if it's always the same, and the scale will be stuck.

Liz- We all come here to vent at some point, we don't just come to brag believe it or not! :) I think a lot of us are going through the same thing... the newness of our bands has worn off and so sneaking some food we know we shouldn't have or not making it to the gym are becoming easier to do. Its hard to stay as focused as we should sometimes so we all need to pick ourself up and start the new day out right. We all signed yo for making life long changes, now its crunch time and time to prove to ourselves this wasn't just another fad diet we were going to do for a few months.

Whats your next short term goal everyone and what are you going to do to step it up and get there?

Mine is to make Onderland by or around Thanksgiving and I am going to add an extra gym day and bypass the candy bowl at work. I think I am gonna hang the calorie count for those mini candy bars on my computer monitor!

Whats your next short term goal everyone and what are you going to do to step it up and get there?

My goal is to get to Onederland! It would be the first time in at least 12 years. I've been losing consistently with healthy eating and working out 6 days a week, but I just want to see that number on the scale! It was nice to be able to finally place the weight on 200 (rather than 250) and go up from there, but I want to see the 100's so badly.

I went to a concert Monday night at a venue I've been to many times, the Fabulous Fox Theatre in St. Louis, and it was great to not worry that I had to go down that long flight of stairs to the restroom *3* times (between acts). No problem! I smiled all the way back up each time. That actually meant more to me than a number on a scale...but I want that number, too! :-)

I wanted to know if anyone out there know how they fix a flipped port???? Do you have to have it done at the hospital???? Do you have to be put under anesthia or can you get a local???

Legster,

I am 15lbs to my first goal weight!!!! I am going to push it to see if I can be there by Christmas.....lots of Water, lots of Protein and lots of excersize!!!!!! 165 is my first goal weight ust figured that was a good number for my Height I know that once I get there I will want to loose more so from there maybe 155 and then to 145. I guess I am not sure where to stop.

Sandra

255g/242s/180c/165g??

Sandra from what I have read, they fix a flipped port in the doctors office under local...

I set my goal for JUST UNDER overweight...I am not sure I want to get there though...I am thinking a size 8 won't be bad for a 57 yr old woman! I am a size 10(vs. 20W) bottoms and Large top(vs. 24/26). I am going to see how I feel at a size 8 and see if I can say to heck with the scales...

Macygranny,

165 puts me at slightly over weight....but probably a size 11/12. Which if fine with me because I am 5'7 tall. If I can get under 159 that puts me at Healthy weight. So I will take anything under 159. Its hard to figure out where your suppost to be. I was 140 all through High School and wore a size 8. Not sure if its realistic to try to be your high School weight after 16 yrs and 2 kids. Is it???

So they give you a local and then open you up at your port and flip it and restich it????

Sandra,

I googled flipped port and it took me to this forum under Lapband complications thread. Hope that helps!

Hey Sheila - I fill up after a cup..sometimes 2 cups. I could continue eating But I know I would feel miserable after. Plus it could strech out our smaller stomach.

Lizrbit - I can't eat lettuce anymore..it always makes me PB..but the rest of your salad sounds delis..I'll be there for dinner at 5!

Cindy - We have about the exact same amount of wght to loose! We are so gonna do this!

Sue11 - I will try fit.com. It sounds really helpful.

Ragdoll - Good Point..the newness does start to wear off and it's easy to get back into old bad habits if we are not careful. I will always have a cheat day from time to time...But the band is really going to help me for the rest of my life to not do what I did before...make food my life! I am rooting for you to make onederland by Thanksgiving!

Legster - You too. You are getting close to onederland and I know you will do it. Just think of the calories you burned doing the stairs three times...

You are all amazing!

Blessings,

I'm too far from Onederland to hope to be there by Christmas, but I'm already excited about the looks on family members faces who I won't have seen since the 4th of July when I weighed about 273 (just days after my first fill). The weight just seems to be falling off right now so I hope that keeps up!

The ideal weight chart you linked gives me this: 155 - 176 lb. I'm just under 5' 10" with a large frame but I'm shooting for 155. Why not? I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but I see no reason to not try for it. :-)

Most posts about flipped ports say local anesthesia, but a few have gotten "twilight" drugs. The kind I got for my colonoscopy. Either one would be no big deal.

This morning I went to the foot Dr... turns out I have plantar fascitis and plantar fibromatosis. He wants me to do alot of stretching and icing.... and come back in 6 weeks.. as far as the fibromatosis - nothing but surgery will correct it..and Dr doesnt like to do surgery because sometimes it causes more pain than it will help....

and....

we got the marriage license today!!