Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Ok!!! Someone has got to kick me in the rear!!! I am out of control!!! I am eating so much....I am full but I still shovel it down. Maybe its PMS, maybe its stress, but I have not felt this way since before I was banded. I had sodas this weekend, and nachos, cheese sticks, all kinds of junk that I totally stay away from....I even ate french fries!!! YIKES!!! I usally make really good choices. I was afraid to get on the scale this morning but seems like I lost another pound!!! Still today we went to the movies and I had a coke...not a diet coke and lots of popcorn!!! I need to take control again!!! I am feeling sooooo guilty!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/197c/165g

Oh I am right with you....I have had soda's too this weekend.....I dont know what the deal is...if it would make me sick, it sure would help me not to drink another!!!!!

I would love to have a huge....HUgE Ribeye steak......

See.....this is bad....so it is not just YOU...

Hang in there...

I read your post... I think it's incredible that you've lost so much so far! I don't seem to have any control. ALTHOUGH, I'd love to have a diet coke... you said soda didn't bother you at all? (I haven't tried it) I have had steak though. I can eat pretty much anything. I have lost weight, but... I'm horrible right now. I have a month before going to the doctor for another fill... hopefully, I won't put on any weight. You said you feel full... I'm always hungry. I can't wait till the adjustment is right. You've done wonderfull so far... I hope you keep it up!

Morning Amayzing Bandsters!

Well, that third fill really did the trick for me. I am finally feeling full after a cup of food. I am determined to not weigh in today. I want to weigh in next Monday. I think it is going to be good!

I am able to eat steak with no problem. Sometimes I pb the first bite of something...but that seems to losen my band up and then I can eat the rest of the food. I suppose your not supposed to do that but I always have.

Well to work.

Weazer

weight.png

I was banded 25 May in Mexico. I have gone back for 2 fills so far - 1.6 cc on the 6th of July and 0.4 cc on the 15th of August. So, I now have 2 cc in a 4 cc band. I'm doing ok, but, feel like I'm eating more just as I need to be eating less. I don't want to lose the momentum. So, decided to join the support group and compare notes. I have had 2 pbing episodes and I have a cough now and then. I have more restriction in the morning or when I'm under stress. I think I could use a little more, but, am probably ok for another 20 pounds. I just need to watch my calories more, I guess. And, of course, exercise more. It's tough. I have to remember my motivations. What motivates you? The band helps a lot, but I still have to try.

Hey Sandra, Just put it behind you, all the Junk chalk it up to a holiday thing. Good choices again for supper how about a salad it will fill you up and make you feel good. You are doing great with your weight loss. Stay with it. and remember the carbination in sodas will only make yu feelfull and possible stretch your band so say goodbye to them forever. i was a diet cokeaholic, I went thru withdrawl in December and it wasn't fun but I feel better that I'm off the stuff now.

Don't beat yourself up over one day you are an inspiration to me with ypur weight loss and I hope to follow soon.

Good Luck Sheila

Hi beach140, I went to my doctor and I was on my third fill I was suppose to have 1.5 cc he took out what was in there and it was only 1cc .5 cc had discipitated I now have > 1.3 cc in my band. MY Point being you may want to ask your doctor to remove what you have in your band and put it back in to see if any of you saline has discipitated. YOu may have less than you think. Just my opinion. Hope this helps

Good Luck, Sheila

Ok!!! Someone has got to kick me in the rear!!! I am out of control!!! I am eating so much....I am full but I still shovel it down. Maybe its PMS, maybe its stress, but I have not felt this way since before I was banded. I had sodas this weekend, and nachos, cheese sticks, all kinds of junk that I totally stay away from....I even ate french fries!!! YIKES!!! I usally make really good choices. I was afraid to get on the scale this morning but seems like I lost another pound!!! Still today we went to the movies and I had a coke...not a diet coke and lots of popcorn!!! I need to take control again!!! I am feeling sooooo guilty!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/197c/165g

hey Sandra- don't stress! I think if you don't give yourself treats every now and then its easier to do a permanent slip. Get back with the rules - you can do it! Short term it isn't harmful but long term - that kind of eating is what got us to the band in the first place!

My first slip- I ate almost an entire bag of salt and pepper potato chips. OY.

It happens.

I think we are starting to enter the time where the ? novelty has worn off and the day to day reality of our new lives is kicking in? Not certain. I was seriously plateaued for almost 3 weeks. I went in got a slight fill up from where I was and rededicated to the rules.

(I still want to eat chips, cake, ice cream, fried foods etc - but eating that stuff never made me happy long term- it just made me fat!)

Sandra

255h/242s/197c/165g

It is really common for people who do really well on a diet (I know I Have a history of this) to go overboard once they achieve significant weight loss, it's kind of a self sabotage and one that if you have ever seen a psych they will try to get to the root of the problem...with me it is a comfort thing of having extra fat on me to keep people at bay...strange, but we do find comfort in our fat even though we feel we hate it.

do you think that its really that lapses are self- defeating or more along the line of doing without for too long makes people lapse? It may be a combination of both- if you are holding food that was addictive/harmful up to something that is a treat; I can see how it is self defeating to go overboard. On the other hand, if you are craving some ice cream or some fries- eating some in moderation seems healthy.

dunno.

I was not that good this weekend either! It was my birthday and we went to dinner, had cake and ice cream etc....but I know that even thin people do that sometimes! We can not be perfect, its just what we do after a weekend or a day like that.

My son went off tho college this weekend and all I did was cry, before I would have cried and eaten and eaten and eaten!

I got an elliptical for my birthday and I love it! I hope it will kick up the weight loss!

Thanks for listening! Back on the bandwagon today!

I had a chocolate chip cookie this weekend, okay 2, and felt really bad over it. I have been using a personal trainer and am so sore every day i can barely do regular house chores. My scale hasnt moved in a few weeks now which really sucks!

After reading Sandra's posts I figured out that I am pretty late for my period too. I have always been regular even since getting my band. My husband got the snip snip so unless God has other plans I am likely not pregnant. I am a few weeks late at minimum so maybe its coming and thats why my scale hasnt moved? Things just arent going in the direction I want them to lately! I hate being so impatient!

What we ALL have to remember is this... we got this band to HELP us lose weight..it is a TOOL to help us feel full and satisfied after a reasonable amount of food.

meaning that....

We can have a cookie (not a half of a bag) if we want, we can have a scoop of ice cream (not a half gallon), a slice of pizza (not a half of a pie) if we want, and while a handful of chips (not a bag) may not have satisfied us before..it should now.

We should not be depriving ourselves of our wants and needs. I know I would sit down with a huge cup of milk and a bag of oreos and go to town on them... now I may have 1 or 2 and not want another one for months.

I look at it this way... I separated myself from the world before because of feeling overweight and out of place... I dont want to separate myself from the world now because I can not have a treat from time to time.

Melissa that is so true. We are all so hard on ourselves, especially now since the banding. I think modification is the key, and the band should be helping us with that aspect (I hope). At least I find myself eating less of the "bad" foods than I did before. I have been straying off lately, but before banding, it would have been so much worse. I can now just get right back on track.

Good luck everyone, you're all doing awesome.

Cindy