Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I'm planning on putting a call into the doctor's office tomorrow. Its pretty clear that my first fill didn't do really anything for me. I'm scheduled for 8/1 but he said give it about a week..and if I'm still getting hungry fast...or I'm able to eat too much to call right away. I'm not really testing the waters... but there hasn't been anything I haven't been able to eat, and still able to eat way too much without getting full.

This whole fill thing is a mystery to me. My first fill wasn't much, .5 cc's, but it was too much for me and I pb'd a LOT. So I went back in and had .25 removed. Felt much better, but since I was soooo hungry 'cause I hadn't been able to eat ('cause I'd pb), well...I ATE! Then I started noticing that I was able to eat a lot more than I'd been eating to begin with. I'd feel full and I'd usually stop and it would tide me over to the next feeding (:(), but then I'd eat too much at that meal.

I have an appointment next week for a fill and I'm going to have that .25 put back. I'm hoping that will do the trick and that it was just too much to begin w/. Reminds me of 2 steps forward, one step back!

ONTHEWAY, I just wanted to check in on the 'gas' issue. I'm still having that little problem too. The only thing that helps is to take Gas-X pills first thing in the a.m. I may even end up asking my doctor for a prescription. I'm afraid it's just a matter of time before I, ahem, embarrass myself! I'd sure hate to do that, especially in front of my boss!!! :cool:

Tom, you poor guy...I was flipping through the channels the other day and Geraldo Rivera was talking to a woman about a book she'd written and she said something about Kegel exercises and unfortunately for him, he asked her what they were (google it if you don't know). He turned really red on national t.v.! :roll:

well, i missed my first fill because of a car accident....now i have to wait an entire month to get one....it's too hard to get an appointment around here! i'm not too happy about that, but oh well, nothing can be done.

i also just twisted my knee on a Water slide last Friday. it was bad and i still can't walk. so much for the exercise! it really hasn't been the greatest couple of weeks, but i still love my band and it is awesome!!!!!

i am happy with my weight loss so far. my dad just noticed for the first time that i have lost some weight. it felt really good for him to ask me about it. (he still doesn't know about the surgery). good luck to everyone and i'll be back sometime soon:)

I haven't posted in a while but glad to see everyone overall is doing fine. I've been exercing 4 times a week and losing about 3-4 lbs a week. I'm only 13 lbs away from July Goal of 60lbs. So anway I wish everybody Luck and I be posting at a later time.:cool:

First fill yesterday - 1.2 and I think I may die of hunger today! :cool: Five days of liquids to boot.....I hope that I'm one of those 'delayed restriction' people and I feel some restriction in the next week. If not, I'm really not sure what to do because my stomach is growling SOOOO loud and hard that it physically hurts. Ugh. But hey, I'm happy - I was so nervous about the fill and it was a piece o' cake....

Hope everyone has a great 4th!

my first fill is scheduled for July 12. I really cant wait. i was at 283 when i was rebanded may 24. i got down to 275 (-12 lbs) then bounced back up to 282, then with alot ALOT of effort im hoovering around 278.

so...

im trying to aim for solid protiens at meals...but according to my FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal im still doing way too many carbs, and im rarely eating breads. I found a lot of hidden carbs in things like raisins and fruit. im eating a great deal. ive been brutally honest with the fitday thing. i am trying to increase my activity.

I feel like a junkie looking for a fix when i think about the fill. lol.

"cmon dr delicious, gimme that sweet spot fill".....

ONTHEWAY _ I know what you mean. I've been hungry every day except for the first 3-4 days after surgery (May 8th). A girl I know has had the band for 2 yrs and says she really hasn't felt hungry in the two yrs.! I'm like "WHAT?" What happened with me? My stomch gowls all the time - and LOUD. I feel like I have to have almost as much will power as I did before the band. I am still happy with it though, because I know eventually I will be restricted to the point I'm suppoed to be. (half cup) I found out last week that I can eat a 6 inch sub!!!! I've had one fill. I get another one next week and I'm gonna tell them to close that baby! *lol* Just kidding. I am ready to get under 200 lbs., though. I started at 215 and am now at 204. :phanvan

My TOM is late....and No I am not preggers! I am never late! Is it the weight loss???? Well I have had a lot of PB"s lately! Anthing that involves rice is a no no for me. I will suffer without a doubt if I try anything w/ rice. Sad part is that I love rice.....not anymore. We went to the movies yesterday...took my 5 yr old to see Ratatooie??? Not sure on the spelling! Got a medium bag of popcorn, a pickle, and a Icee. I did not touch the Icee, so my daughter drank that all, but we finished the movie and half the pickle was still there and we ate about 1/4 of the bag between the both of us. So strange to leave food behind! Feels like a sin or something. After that we met my husband for Sushi, my all time favorite food. Had a terrible time.....I tried cutting it up in little pieces, but all it did was PB's. I know it was the rice. So I tried eating just the inside of the sushi rolls, but it was too late...once something gets stuck and you start the slimming....you can not eat for a while. So my sushi experience is now damaged! OOOHHHH WELL!

Sandra

HIghest 255

surgery 242

current 220

goal anything under 200

Got a medium bag of popcorn, a pickle, and a Icee. I did not touch the Icee, so my daughter drank that all, but we finished the movie and half the pickle was still there and we ate about 1/4 of the bag between the both of us. So strange to leave food behind! Feels like a sin or something. Sandra

HIghest 255

surgery 242

current 220

goal anything under 200

Sandra~I am so jealous about the popcorn...I haven't tried any since the surgery & it is my all-time favorite food! Since you were okay eating it, I am going to try it the next time I see a movie!

I ate my other favorites yesterday, lobster tail & grilled shrimp! I was shocked that I only ate one tail & two shrimp and I was satisfied! YAY! That is about a third of what I normally would've consumed!

I go see my surgeon in a few hours...pray that he fills me! I want to continue on my journey & the restriction will certainly help me along!

Take care everyone!

OK... still able to eat WAY too much....so this afternoon I put a call into my surgeon's office- explained to them that I'm still able to eat way too much, and it does not look as if the scale is moving (which my Dr said the way he looks at it... it really doesnt matter how much the scale moves... if I'm still starving after eating 1/2-3/4 cup of food...then to come in). So.. the earliest I can get in is next Friday afternoon.. which is better than having to wait until 8/1.

I started my new job today... I'm working in the hospital as a newborn photographer...very cute job.. but ALOT of walking.. MY FEET ARE KILLING ME!!! I'll most certainly be getting my exercise in now!

well, i missed my first fill because of a car accident....now i have to wait an entire month to get one....it's too hard to get an appointment around here! i'm not too happy about that, but oh well, nothing can be done.

i also just twisted my knee on a Water slide last Friday. it was bad and i still can't walk. so much for the exercise! it really hasn't been the greatest couple of weeks, but i still love my band and it is awesome!!!!!

i am happy with my weight loss so far. my dad just noticed for the first time that i have lost some weight. it felt really good for him to ask me about it. (he still doesn't know about the surgery). good luck to everyone and i'll be back sometime soon:)

Raysbabe,

Hope all is well after your car accident. Hope you're feeling ok. That's too bad about the knee, you HAVE had quite the week, now haven't you. Look at it this way, it HAS to get better. Congratulations on your dad noticing your weight loss, that's a great feeling when that happens. And guess what, it will happen more and more, just wait.

Good luck to you.

Cindy

Had my first fill (unexpectedly) on Monday. He said to call after a day or two if there was no change. I called this morning and I'm going back this afternoon for some more. He put .7 in on Monday, don't know how much he will add to that. I'm nervous, but excited again. Yay!!

Cindy

thank you, Cindy, for the well wishes.....i am feeling a little better every day:)

I was just going to tell everyone that I have never lost more than 38 pounds on any diet that i have ever tried and i now have 37 pounds gone...just 2 more pounds and I will be past all of my former successes (if they can be called that!) i couldn't be more excited.....the more that falls off, the happier i get!!! good luck everyone! Hang in there.

Hey how is everyone doing? Well I found out lastnight that my band does not like spaghetti. Made my DH one of his favorites, chicken spaghetti. Thought I would try a little spaghetti, chewed real well, but not go. At least I have learned from my previous experiences when to stop, and dont take another bite. So I just picked out the chicken and was just fine. I have funny restriction, it seems to come and go. I am having to learn my body and this band. Sometime I can eat more, then the next time not very much. I have read here where alot of people are tighter in the morning. I am backwards, I am tigher in the evening. I love that because I am an working on being a reformed evening grazer. I would get home from work and it was a non stop snacking event, chips, ice cream etc. But not now. I love my band. I have a appointment for my second fill on July 16th. Take care all.......

Hey is ml the same as cc's? I went back for more fill and now have a total of 1 ml. I'm just wondering if that is the same as cc's. I had really good restriction last night, we'll see how today goes!

Cindy