Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hey guys, I was worried about nausia also because I get carsick even whenIm driving...Its bad for me...I told the anesthesiologist and he had the nurse put a patch behind my ear he called it Scope but it has a longer name...Its for when you are traveling like dramamine but dr strength...I wasnt nausias once...Maby that would work for you...

happy memorial day to all banders

im so excited, last night when i left my last posting, kinda depressed, thought like i just didnt know if i made the right choice or not, but Praise The Lord, i went to bed approx. 11:00, and last night was my first full night of sleeping, also, when i got up today, and only you banders will appreciate this, but i had a great BM, im just so happy, and yesterday my family was going to NOT have bbq today because they didnt want to have one with me being around all of my favorite foods and knowing that i couldnt have any of it, but i told them, its not all about me, i appreciate their thoughts and know they love me, but you know what, i love them too, and i will make it through the bbq and enjoy spending time with my family, so we are having that darn bbq, and i will just sip my drinks and think im having my burnt hotdogs with bbq Beans and mac. salad, sounds good to me, i still have my lump in my throat/chest area, and little sore around some of my incisions, but today is a new day and WE ALL CAN MAKE IT, lets just all hang in there together, and when we get depressed, come to this site and read from our sisters and brother banders and know that we are not alone and we are getting stronger day by day, you are all in my prayers, deb

Don't think I have enough stamina for Dr. Spivak's meeting THIS Tuesday and going back to work at the same time. May wait a while. It's post 48 hours now so we're supposed to be on soft foods... I had cottage cheese with a little guacamole stirred in (YUM), a fish filet (if you are not a big fish eater you could try this... I took a tbsp of Hellman's lite mayo, squirt of lemon juice and curry powder....mixed it up and painted it on the fish. This is the sauce you use for a chicken divan recipe and it goes on ANYTHING and is to die for.) Bought some bananas anday try to blend something today with Protein Powder. I figure since the list says anything the consistency of baby food....me and my blender are going to go to town!

"Also I havent poohd since the day before surgery. When do I break doun and take somthing???"

I took some Ducolax two days ago. That is a stool softener. I wouldn't think you would need a laxitive per se. I knew it would be a chore after the first time I tried to go....instant hemorrhoids. Believe me, if you have never had them, and you're sevral days post-op and haven't pooped, I'd take some stool softener now so you don't have a problem. I found that the gel caps went down just fine (some people say take with warm water). As a matter of fact....ALL my pills are going down just fine. Only have cut two of them in half, but I have had zero reaction from any of them.

Dr. DeBarros gave me all my post-op Rx on my pre-op visit and one of the Rx was those Patches. I was told to put one on three hours prior to the surgery and I have had one on ever since. I have experienced little nausea. I have one refill I will get today. You should ask your doctor to prescribe them for you.

Virginia

"<p>I'm 3 days post-op and have phlem in my chest. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I've been sucking on ice chips, pop sicles, and Water since Friday, May 25th. Is this normal?" </p> <p> </p> <p>Yep....I had a hoarse throat (from the intubation) and then a chesty cough for about 4 days. This is when you should be using your breathing thing they give you (The incentive spirometry bottle they probably sent you home from the hospital with). It should help with that. They want to make sure you are using your complete lung capacity (when you hurt you tend to take shallow breaths). I am 5 days post-op and still have just a hint of a cough every once in a while. It is normal.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --></p>

Morning all!

I finally had a great night's sleep and am feeling much better today!

The swelling in my abdomen has gone down so much that i can put

on a pair of jeans! Small accomplishment, I know, but I'm looking

for anything at this point.

Cheers to all!

Margaret

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN: auto auto auto -8.1pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Monday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Tuesday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Wednesday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Thursday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=bottom>Friday</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>Sat.</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>2

LauraP

lorilynn06

uniqueone

Slackaction

susansilver

lettice5

soon2bbanded

Kadrianmatthews

Willowwind

bhill@ensource.

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>3

Spa-chic

mommalee

Trinitys mom

chickatee

RAYSBABE

Maya1983

vscherer

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>4

robgoblin87

Mr. Yoda

ginger205

Bullwinkle

lodum

Susan3343

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>5</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>7

NVGirl

PghMomof3

Muse

Macysgranny

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>8

healthny

crabcake

NaeNae

lubterp

Shar

Roxie1951

Tamjpjb

CypressMom2007

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>9

<O:pJerseyDori

Mischievous1

ShayDee

katspaww

dawnc27wa

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>10<O:p

cindyluhu

<O:pcfred

Oilburner

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>11

buscove24

mommytokk

NicksWife22

dolphingirl

samiam

sjmimi

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>12</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>14

SoulfulGrandma

rubylyn

amandawv

melissa o

NurseLaureli

mannamay

legster

Dutchgrl59

phuber40

bandito31

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>15

JennyC724

<O:plosin’it

MaryumC

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>16

KYsunshine

SillyWillyMommy

keiko

Short01

LPfromDABx

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>17

twinmommy

Wenjea

eljmom

Wen

LisaM

Laurienj

PineNut

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>18

widabbut

michelle lowrey

Mal

rachelb123

Shell850

readytolose

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>19</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>21

susaninnkc

METALBAND

MPatrizzi

luv2bingo07

ontheway

SElaine

mcgreen

Manatte

LilMonkey

CAWalsh

annielkd

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>22

NimbleBean

GinaKirwan

munchkin

jsrico

anjul19

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>23

kacee

RKidder

ragdollx19

Tagger

AudreyG

smileygirl

almanorgirl

SC-Cindy

ljuht115

tumonbug

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>24

Kansassooner

cyndilou29

amy

Phyllis S

jojo

sue11

Lori Ann

speshelk

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>25

Olivia3031

jobyone1

kaylali

weightingtolose

liberattor

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>26

JaneC

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>28

cutiepie77

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>29

SpecialK77

bun1

deb24

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>30

violeteyes37

Karamyl

Direct Hit

hoosierpoms

cmacinga

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid black .5pt" vAlign=top>31

Joyful1

pokerprincess

jfran

AZgal

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My mother is a nurse and has said that liquid colase ( not sure on spelling) is a great over the counter diaretic.

I was told that the flemy stuff is from the anastesia, a hot shower seemed to be what helped loosen the flem for me. I was not ever given a breathing thing like you talked about.

Kacee,

Dr. Spivak gave me a booklet at the hospital that said nothing but Clear Liquids for the first to second week. Can I eat something mushy??? I was under the impression not to according to that booklet and pamplet I got??

Sandra

Dr. Spivak

Houston

Banded 5/22/07

Hello my fellow May Bandsters!!

I'm back from the beach... I survived passing the pizza stands, beach fries, salt Water taffy and fudge.... WHOOO HOOO!! And I found a new love.... purred baked beans!!! mmm... just throw 'em into the blender with a splash or two of water and puree... mmmm...

...and remember those bathing suits that didn't fit?? Well... on Saturday.. just for sh*ts and giggles.. I put them back on... and.... THEY FIT!!! I was shocked!

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well...

Boy this has got to be so frustrating with everyone how each doctor is saying something different as far as what can be eaten and what can not be eaten.

Anyone who went to the Weight Loss Institute in Tempe, AZ was on a two week liquid diet. Protein Shakes as many as you wanted (my max was three in one day) the rest clear fluids.

Post-surgery week one the same as above. This was called Phase One. Second week post-surgery we are on Phase Two. I would call the baby food stage - extreme pureed. Next week Phase three is soft foods like eggs, I think of what else at this moment and then last but not least phase four is normal eating.

So I would talk to your doctor or nutritionist. I know each time I have ever e-mailed my nutritionist he answered real quick.

Good luck to what ever you decide. I was so excited with my oatmeal this morning I couldn't stand myself! just kidding.

Weird. I'm looking at the thing I got...

24-48 hours after surgery...liquids

Next 4 weeks of healing time...soft foods

<p>Different places must do different things...I have seen the breathing thing on every surgery I've witnessed (family, etc.) for about the last 7 years or so. Idea is to keep the airways moving...prevent possible pneumonia. Anesthesia causing the cough? Makes sense to me. Warm shower should do wonders too.</p>