Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 2, and am I drinking too much too fast?

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery on 3/3, and the first few days were quite rough for me, but every day has been much better.

Isopure tasted awful for me the first day, and I mixed some gatorade g2, and it totally fixed the tast.

As of Monday I started full liquids. I am a vegetarian, so I don't eat chick broth.

What I have been taking is non-fat greek yogurt, and milk add some salt, and make a smoothie (similar to indian drink called lassi), I have enjoyed these preoperatively, and still enjoy them now. I also started making Tomato Soup, and lentil Soup.< /p>

I am able to tolerate a decent amount of these item, and enjoy them so much I actually want more. I keep on hearing that you get full very fast, and you lose appetite. I'm not very full fast,and I want more.

I also have to work on taking these fluids at a much slower pace. I"m afraid that fact i'm enjoying these fluids along with taking down the fluids pretty fast, I may be stretching my pouch?

How much fluid's do you take in how much time?

I think this would be a wonderful question for your surgical team, since I would hate to lead you down the wrong path I wasn't allowed lentil or Tomato Soup initially, but I love them both. I would suggest heating up small portions nice and hot in a tiny bowl. I have some tiny Pyrex dishes I use instead of regular size bowls, and eat with a teaspoon. Savor every bite like you're dining in a fine restaurant. You are wise to me your food flavorful. It's so much better that way! You will feel much more satisfied once you can add whole Beans, tofu and veggies. It gets better!

I am struggling with the same problem liguy! I too had my surgery on 3/3/14. I don't feel like I get full fast enough and it worries me as well. In addition I struggle with drinking the recommended amounts of liquid and believe I am slowly becoming dehydrated. Thanks for sharing!

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery on 3/3, and the first few days were quite rough for me, but every day has been much better.

Isopure tasted awful for me the first day, and I mixed some gatorade g2, and it totally fixed the tast.

As of Monday I started full liquids. I am a vegetarian, so I don't eat chick broth.

What I have been taking is non-fat greek yogurt, and milk add some salt, and make a smoothie (similar to indian drink called lassi), I have enjoyed these preoperatively, and still enjoy them now. I also started making Tomato Soup, and lentil Soup.< /p>

I am able to tolerate a decent amount of these item, and enjoy them so much I actually want more. I keep on hearing that you get full very fast, and you lose appetite. I'm not very full fast,and I want more.

I also have to work on taking these fluids at a much slower pace. I"m afraid that fact i'm enjoying these fluids along with taking down the fluids pretty fast, I may be stretching my pouch?

How much fluid's do you take in how much time?

I worried about this, too, the first few weeks (I'm 3.5 months out now!) and trust me, when you start soft solids, you will get full pretty fast! Liquids tend to slide through, even at this stage, so its best to measure or weigh out your portions and don't rely on the feeling of restriction just yet. If your nutritionist or surgeon gave you a guideline of how much at this stage, take a look at that. At two weeks out, I could have up to 6 ounces of non-fat greek yogurt at one time according to my NUT. You'll also notice that thin liquids tend to go through much faster and easier around now. This is normal. :)

Hope this helps!

I worried about this, too, the first few weeks (I'm 3.5 months out now!) and trust me, when you start soft solids, you will get full pretty fast! Liquids tend to slide through, even at this stage, so its best to measure or weigh out your portions and don't rely on the feeling of restriction just yet. If your nutritionist or surgeon gave you a guideline of how much at this stage, take a look at that. At two weeks out, I could have up to 6 ounces of non-fat greek yogurt at one time according to my NUT. You'll also notice that thin liquids tend to go through much faster and easier around now. This is normal. :)

Hope this helps!

But im not feeling full fast enough : ( thats what im afraid of. I havent been measuring because ive depended on the feeling of restriction so i will definetely start : ). Is it normal to get tired of eating the foods on the liquid diet because i sure am! Thanks for your advice!

I second what LumpySpacePrincess said. The first two weeks when I was on liquids, I felt like I could take in more than I was supposed to, and that concerned me. My surgeon said that this was normal, and that the liquids pass fairly quick. Once I transitioned to pureed foods, it was a whole different story, and I feel the restriction after several bites (if that much!).

I was hungry the first week, but the hunger has been subsiding.

Be well...

I felt the same way my first two weeks but i fought thru it and would drink my Water which helped. I do measure faithfully each day even if I want more than then the 1.5 ounces of chicken. you will feel that full feeling once you get to purée stage like everyone . be sure to measure everyday that is important...it has been 6 weeks and I am down 40lbs. It is exciting watching all the pounds dropping off!