Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't felt right since coming home domain the hospital 2 Wks ago today. Last Saturday I went to ER to have an incisional abscess open up and drained. I'm still dealing with this infection. Dr prescribed antibiotics. I also have the open hole in my upper abdomen that's still open.

My RNY journey hasn't been a good one thus far. Not feeling happy about my decision to have the Surgery yet. I know eventually I will but dealing with complications from this type of surgery kinda dampens it.

Anyone else dealt with an infection after Surgery? Needing support through this hurdle!

Thanx

I can relate. I haven't had any infections but I'm 5 weeks post op and still on liquids. I have been in the hospital 3 times. Found out I have a hernia which he popped back into place, then was so dehydrated, then was throwing up for 5 hours with severe stomach pains. Had to be rushed in to fix the hernia. Incisions are so painful it hurts to move. I can't eat anything cause it feels like it gets stuck in my throat. Trying to get all my Protein and liquids in but when your sick to your stomach 24/7 it's hard. I cry everyday and ask myself WHY??? Everyone says it will get better, and I pray it does but just going through this is enough to make you want to give up. Support groups don't help cause no one else experiences this so I feel alone!! So I hope it ends up well for you and you start feeling better. If you need to vent, or just chat feel free to message me. It sucks to go through this when no one understands

Hi and thank u. I too am now 5 wks post op. Its healing up nicely. The hole is getting smaller. The infection has cleared out. I felt very alone in This. Doesn't help when doctors say this is minimal compared to what could've happened. Gee Thanks. That makes me feel better! Ugh! I'm still on soft pureed foods stage. Can't eat anything solid. Idk if its because of a structure or if my system isn't ready yet. I tried a few times and had to upchuck! Thankful I haven't experience dumping but puking is enough for me! Good luck to u! U definitely aren't alone!

I am sorry that u have had such a hard time. I understand where u r coming from. I am about 7 weeks out and on soft foods. I had to have one dilation already but have to go bck for second one in a week or so. When they moved me to purred foods I was upchucking everything that went down plus dehydration set in. Feel so much better now and things do get better.

Thank u for replying. I no longer regret my decision to have a RNY. Its slow steady process for me. I'm dealing with anxiety and depression really bad which affect my weightloss. I'm losing but its slower than I want it. I'm trying to improve but like with everything it takes time. This darn weather is really affecting my mood too! I have more support now. I have a few people willing to go walking with me and help each other with our weightloss journey. .

I haven't worked my way to soft foods yet. The smell/taste of foods really bothers me a lot. chicken breast, tilapia and beef roast aren't on my list either. It still pisses me off at times that I can't eat solid foods. Ill see what surgeon says about doing a scope.

The smell of foods gets to me also. I can't even do puréed yet. Warm broths are all I can handle. I'm more thirsty than anything but drinking anything upsets my tummy. Calling doc tomorrow to discuss what we can do. I can't live like this is all I know. Surgery was 2-26-14, I'm down 33 lbs but got to be able to get Protein or something in

I am currently almost 2 months out and I found a trick that works for me. I can drink milk, no Water it hurts! Everything has made me so sick for the past 2 months I have been admitted 4 times for dehydration, possible stricture, and ulcer. I did develop an ulcer but every other test came back fine. My nut. Is the one that suggested I replace water with milk since it hurt and I was only able to get 20 oz and was so sick constantly up chucking. So I tried it for one week, I am still taking my nausea meds, but I can eat! Of course it is half what they say I should be able to, but the sick feeling is getting better. I just wanted to share and hopefully it will help you. I know how horrible that is and the constant pain and sick feeling was making me hate my decision, but now it is getting better. I hope you feel better soon.

Ty for sharing. I am currently in the hospital again with severe stomach cramps and dehydration. The doc did an endoscopy and that came out fine. He started me on foods again and I actually ate a 1/4 of a veggie burger. They think the endo cleared way for something that was in the way. Can't figure out the cramping tho buttering able to eat OMG how great

That is so awesome. I don't know what it is about those scopes but my pain went away after my scope too. They didn't find anything, but I got better. I hope you continue to get better and feel good again.

I'M WITH YOU, HOME 2 WEEKS STILL DRAINING, I AM GOING THREW THE SAME THING, I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER I PRAY FOR YOU... GIVE YOU INFO ON MY POST APPOINTMENT TOMORROW NOT SURE ABOUT HAPPINES ON THE SURGERY DUE TO 2 BLOCKAGE IN 2014 BACK TO BACK VERY PAINFUL.