Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here..banded 8/24/00. Doing great! Have lost 145 lbs pretty much at goal but wouldn't mind losing another 10 or so.

Nice to see you all...

Robin

310/165 5'9":D

Hi Robin -

Just had to say I LOVE your site, and particularly your journal. I found it months ago prior to my banding, and hadn't visited recently, so just caught up on your more recent entries. Congrats on beating the cervical cancer - how scary. And many many thanks for the pics and details of your TT.

If you don't mind my asking, how are your arms/thighs? I see a lot of plastic surgery in my future... :(

Thanks donali :(.

I'm glad that my journal was helpful to you...it's been quite a ride!!!

My arms and thighs aren't too bad. They absorbed pretty well. They certainly aren't wonderful but I don't think I'll need plastic surgery on them to be happy. My belly was just an atrocity that needed to be dealt with!

Good luck to you with your own journey :P.

Hi Robin!

Nice to see you here!! I don't get to Spotlight as much as some other people--the format really annoys me. This is MUCH better (gotta love View New Posts). I've wanted to get more involved in posting and this new site's format will make it easier.

Looking forward to getting to know you and other Bandsters better,

Alexandra

Guest shannonkm7

Hi Robin-

I was just looking at your stats and I am completely in awe. I spend alot of time these days wondering if I will ever get there. Do you mind me asking how long it took for you to reach your current weight? I started out at 306 and am still hovering around 230 after a year.

Congratulations on all of your hard work, It really has paid off!

Shannon

Alexandra: nice seeing you over here!

Shannon: 230 after a year is EXCELLENT! It's taken me the whole almost 3 years to get here. But rest assured, it continues to come off, just more slowly. I think that my stats were something like year 1: 85 lbs, year 2: 35 lbs, year 3: 25 lbs. Then I had a Tummy Tuck and they lopped of 10 (whoohoo!)

So fear not...you're doing great!!!!

I have a website if you want the nitty gritty: http://www.geocities.com/robinh26/lapband.html

I need a new picture desperately. The one on there was about 25 lbs ago...

Robin,

I just wanted you to know that your web site http://www.geocities.com/robinh26/lapband.html really was one of the deciding factors when I was researching the lap-band online.

Thanks for linking to our web site in your journal.

WOW, thank you Alex! That's quite a compliment.

When I hear things like that I feel good that I included all the struggles along with the victories. That way people get a better balanced idea of what to expect.

The best of luck to you!

Btw--a stupid question...are you m or f? Not that it matters...I'm just curious and I can't determine it from your name.

Originally posted by CoffeeWench

Btw--a stupid question...are you m or f? Not that it matters...I'm just curious and I can't determine it from your name.

I'm male.....I hope that doesn't matter :(

Nope, it doesn't matter! LOL I thought you were male, but didn't ever want to refer to you as him or he if it wasn't in fact the case! I'm just polite like that...

:(

Hee hee, Robin! I'm so glad you asked because I was going to. Most people call me Alex in the real world but I use my full name online just for this reason.

Alex, seeing your name all over this board was a little disconcerting but now that I know you're male it will be easier to get over.

Cheers, Alex (the girl)

Hi Everybody,

Robin, I am glad to see you over here! I registered, but haven't had a chance to put in an introduction.

Alex~No offense, but I thought you were a women! Tee Hee...

I will go do my introduction right now.

Wednesday

WOW, Robin, what a great job on the weight loss!!!! That makes me all the more anxious for my surgery date to get here so I can one day reach my goal. Thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi, Robin you look great. I hope i'll do just as well as you with my band.