Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheating the consultation scale...

I've read time and time again how some of us have had to resort to gaining an extra 5-10lbs in order to reach our bmi for insurance requirements. Maybe one day insurance companies will open their eyes and see just how much changes need to be made to their policy for wls approval...but until then let's share our ways of cheating the consultation scale. My bmi is directly borderline, my consultation is March 13th. So yes I may need a way to grab an extra 3-5lbs by then....

wear long pants and some ankle weights.

Lol really thought you had to have a gown on? Don't they check for things like that knowing patients may try to cheat to enhance the scale?

My consult was just a casual meeting and conversation with the surgeon. His nurse had me step on a scale beforehand, asked me my height and that's it. Why don't you just call your surgeon's office and ask what the consult entails in detail.

My consult was just a casual meeting and conversation with the surgeon. His nurse had me step on a scale beforehand, asked me my height and that's it. Why don't you just call your surgeon's office and ask what the consult entails in detail.

Humm actually didn't think about that, only asked them what exactly I needed to bring. Thank you I'll give them a call tomorrow hopefully this so call storm doesn't hit us hard again.

Maybe a couple of rolls of quarters in you pocket? :D

Lol I actually thought about that, but I'm paranoid thought they might do a pat down lol

I was told to gain 5, I am the only person on the plant that would lose 12...seriously. I kept my purse on, all my clothes and my boots. They giggled, and wrote it down.

I was told to gain 5, I am the only person on the plant that would lose 12...seriously. I kept my purse on, all my clothes and my boots. They giggled, and wrote it down.

Lol guess in the long run comes down to the good olé $. Deny a patient for not reaching her bmi by 5 lbs and losing thousands of $s. Or simply writing patient is at the correct bmi with zero comobidities even if they are under :-). Let's hope my dr. Sees it that way and even still I'm saying I have no comobidities that has ever surfaced...but who knows.

It sound crazy but I actually know someone whose sister did wear ankle weights to show a higher BMI...

It sound crazy but I actually know someone whose sister did wear ankle weights to show a higher BMI...

Lol I'm actually on ebay now seeing if I can get a pair...any excuse to ebay I'm there. So they didn't suspect anything. ...I'm sure they know people cheat but I truly think they aren't concerned about cheating an extra 5 lbs which given time we would have gain triple that amount.

Haha.. You crack me up!

Lol I have to stay laughing I'm at work and they are so paranoid about this snow coming smh mind you it was suppose to start at 7pm!

I was trying to think of a place to put the weights that won't be noticeable like my bra...