Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Federal BCBS paid for my sleeve 100%, minus the copayments for the hospital and my surgon!

My psych Eval was 500 questions. I passed everything and just waiting on a date. With the holidays everything is kind of backed up so I was told that I should hear back this week. I hope my BCBS PPO if MI covers it all. The money I have set aside can go towards a new wardrobe!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Let me ask you this, I have been seeing my Primary for the last 2 months for monthly check in's. Did you have to see a nutritionist for 3 months or is your primary ok to document it? also, how did you get your documented weight history for 2 years? I will be doing a seminar tomorrow and hopeful meeting with the surgeon for the first time in a week or so. I am a little nervous I might forget something.

My psych Eval was 500 questions. I passed everything and just waiting on a date. With the holidays everything is kind of backed up so I was told that I should hear back this week. I hope my BCBS PPO if MI covers it all. The money I have set aside can go towards a new wardrobe!

I am freaking out right now! I just got off the phone with the surgeons office and I was talking about the weight documentation for the last 2 years. She was telling me that the insurance company is very strict with the numbers being below the 35 bmi for that time frame. I feel like if I do all this and then they tell me no I have wasted my families money and time on this dream of mine. I do not know what to do. Feeling lost and I don't know what to do. Is there anyone that has any helpful information?????

I need help please someone I have the same insurance my bmi is 34.5 and I'm trying to get to 35 I have siatic nerve in back asthma , depression and knee pain is that enough?? For side effect my dr said he can help me get approved with the health issues or there is ways to go around them lol what do you think?? I have been eating one stopni know that's sad I gain to get this but I have tryed everything!!!! Please reply someone. My seminar is next Thursday

I am in my 2month of supervised diet and I has so many questions. I still have a lot. I do know from talking to my pt advocate at the surgeons office that they will not approve any bmi under 35 even with the co morbities. Do you have documented weight history for the last 2 years? 2014 2015. They need those to confirm that you have been over your bmi. How tall are you? What state are you in? I am in Texas.

By the way, I found weight history for the insurance company. I have my psych eval on the 20th, nervous but doing good.

I am in my 2month of supervised diet and I has so many questions. I still have a lot. I do know from talking to my pt advocate at the surgeons office that they will not approve any bmi under 35 even with the co morbities. Do you have documented weight history for the last 2 years? 2014 2015. They need those to confirm that you have been over your bmi. How tall are you? What state are you in? I am in Texas.

I'm 5'11 and 246 I need to be 255 to just be at 35.6 and yes I have 3 years of documented history from dr and he said that he would do whatever he could to get me to have it.

If I were in your shoes I would do what ever I had to do get to that weight. I wish you all the best of luck..

Ok, I have a new question for today. Like I said before I am doing the 3 months diet with the Dr. I I have lost a few pounds. What is the weight the insurance company looks at? The start of the 3 month program? The weight at the surgeons office? Which is the determining factor. I am getting more nervous as this process continues. Anyone got any helpful answers????

Thank you

@@kell911 BCBS was interested in the beginning weight from the inital consult.

@@Mrsooten2222 I was at a 35 BMI and was approved due to co-morbidities (sleep apnea being the big one for me). Double check your insurance.

Ok, so the initial consult from the 1st weigh in with my DR. or the consult with the surgeon? Sorry if taht is a dumb question. I just want to make sure I fully understand.

@@kell911 BCBS was interested in the beginning weight from the inital consult.

@@Mrsooten2222 I was at a 35 BMI and was approved due to co-morbidities (sleep apnea being the big one for me). Double check your insurance.

Does anyone have BCBS California? I got approved but I'm wondering how much they'll cover and how much I'll have to pay out of pocket?

Anyone with BCBS Federal Standard have surgery approved even though you're just shy of the required 40 BMI?? (I don't have any of the other qualifying health problems)