Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL Bandits' Exercise Challenge!

JULIE!!!! welcome back!! girl you are really brave:-) Im glad you are doing good.

girls count me in to our new challenge!

My other challenge is not to step on weight in next two weeks:-)

Welcome back Julie---I am so glad you are on the other side of that goal!! As healthy as you went into it, I bet your recovery will amaze your Dad and his staff!!! You will impress them, just as you have us! I look forward to you being back with us---I missed you! When Rick was in the hospital, in the comatose state, he had tubes, and IV's everywhere---so I would sqeeze his foot, in a hug----consider your foot sqeezed!!!

We got the calves separated, and actually took a break, and watched a new one be born....it is always emotional, whether it is human or animal!! Rick said he would remind me how cute I thought this one was when I am cussing it, trying to separate it next time!!! Spoil sport that he is!!! I spent around 4 hours riding, so met my exercise challenge without a problem. This is not a leisurely walk, down a trail....it is much more demanding! Cutting calves from their mama's, and culling a herd, is fast high movement riding. It works your core, and your obliques like nothing else I have found....oh yeah, don't think my thighs will forget the work out they got either!!!

Today we take Rick to see the new Dr. the one who is going to try to get his esophagus issues taken care of. It is actually the Dr. they called in during the GI bleed, who literally saved his life. They also called him a couple of weeks ago when he choked on that chicken. We have got the ok from insurance to swap Rick to him as his PCP, becuase of the health history. Won't be as convenient, without our DD as the nurse---but we feel it is necessary for his health.

We took the motorcycle for a late afternoon ride yesterday---there were bikes everywhere!!! Our best friends just bought one, and we all went for a cruise, then back to their place to grill some steak. I am slowly converting everyone---in the past, we would have baked potatoes with the steak, and maybe grilled some corn on the cob with it, and of course rolls. Now, they know I don't eat so much, and Rick is watching his intake as well, so we had a big salad and steak---and we all had plenty! I'm gonna get this crew trained yet!!!

I did 20 minutes on the eliptical this morning, will get another 20 minutes or so in later today, in one way or another!!!

Everyone take care----those of you pre-op dieting----drink up! This will all be behind you soon!!! Those of you post op dieting, take very good care of yourselves as you heal. And those having surgery today---my prayers for a quick, uneventful surgery and recovery go with you!

Kat

Kat, my toes felt the hug, thank you!

Today, I'm feeling better and better and annoyed that I still have to limit myself physically so much more than what I feel I "could" do. So, I'm going to log on to my desktop at work for a little while and see if I can ease the boredom....

Julie - you are such a workaholic! Lucky the firm/boss that has you!

Sounds like you are a wonderwoman like Alan was superpoppops! So happy you are doing well. I'm sure all that healthy exercise is a big reason for your great recovery. Keep it up!

Kat, ok - what kind of a ranch do you guys own? How big? You are a real "cowgirl"!!!! Tell us all about it. Where is it? You amaze me with all you do..............and a "bikerbitch" too! I am such a wimpy city girl - I can't imagine ................sounds like such fun. Let us know about what the dr. says and what has to be done for Rick. Alan and I are off to see his cardiogist for his 2 week check. He is, as I've said doing so well!

Hello all you april exercisers! I walked today during my lunch and I'm getting ready to eat a tiny LC yogurt... I have to pop in here and remind myself that I'm not the only one not CHEWING anything.

Ok.. time for more water!

Tracy you are so not the only one not chewing! I'm not either, lol. Dang pill! :angry Good news is that I am on to mushies, yay :clap2: Maybe tomorrow that leftover pot roast will still be in the fridge :D

Julie, I am so glad you seem to be healing so well, you are an inspiration!

Kat I am so jealous, I haven't been on a horse in too many years, our farm was a crop farm so notmuch opportunity, I was always told that they were not gonna waste valuable crop acreage on a horse, so I could have one of my own :) Mean parents and grandparents, lol. You are so right, watching a calf come into this world is so neat, I have actually helped in a couple of difficult births when over at a friends house (they were dairy farmers)

Betty I just have to ask in all my ignorance but what is NIA?

Well as soon as I finish my yogurt I am lacing up my tennies and going for a walk! Have a great day everyone :)

Kat, you are one gutsy lady! I used to ride fairly regularly in the hills above Malibu. It is work just to ride trails. I can't imagine your life.

Can't decide whether to run or go to the gym. Hmmm....

P.S. Molly and Tracy, great job on the walking! Keep it up!

Hi All... I'm Ellen and I've just joined this wonderful site. My op is April 18th and I'm told that you April 06 lot are incredibly supportive and an inspiration to all the newbies.

My 2 week liquid diet starts tomorrow so I figure I might as well get off the couch and do some exercise too. So I'm setting myself the bronze target. Yay, hopefully actually telling people will help me to achieve it!

Thanks everyone for letting us join in,

Ellen.

Ellen, you make me laugh---thanking us for letting you join us??? We all NEED the added motivation of everyone!!! We are GLAD to have you! Welcome to LBT, and our little corner! I will be hoping for all to go smoothly and quickly for your surgery and your recovery.

Betty it isn't a big fancy ranch. I refer to it as the farm! We run some cattle, and grow alfalfa. We grow to feed, and also to sell. We plant about 15 acres, and graze about twice that. We have had such a draught, that we have seriously cut the number of cows we run, and also the amount of alfalfa we grow. We run a bigger herd on the place in TX. We graze about 160 acres there. In both places, we raise the calves, and then sell them when the new calves are due. As the cows age, or if they are problems in birth etc, we will sell them off, and raise up a heifer to replace her. We will sell half of the bulls born in the next year, and the other half we will band (castrate) and sell as steers next year. Sometimes that is a good thing financially, and others it is a money pit---just depends on the price of beef. We don't raise to butcher---other than personal use. We do our own branding, banding, immunizing, and general doctoring. We use a squeeze chute, and a heated branding Iron. In New Mexico we brand that way, in TX it is not required, most of them are ear tagged. My inlaws, and our son live on the place here, and an Aunt, and a cousin and her family live on site in TX. We plan to eventually build out at the place here---but have it figured to do so in about 5 years. I have always been around horses. I gave up riding for several years, figured they would call up PETA---if I tried to mount up!! Now I am loving it---again! We have 13 acres of river frontage, so I have lots of places to ride, and explore, as well as land abutting BLM land, so most of it can be ridden as well. My FIL is just like your family Molly---he is not thrilled with my running horses out there, but....it isn't hurting anything---and I do use them for exactly what we did---cutting herds, I walk fences, etc. He would prefer to use his 4 wheeler! My MIL gets around the farm with a golf cart---we truly do look like silly old dirt farmers when we all get going!!! She is blocking an entrance with her golf cart, Dad is chasing them on 4 wheels, and a big ol fat gal on a horse!!! DH is the only normal looking one of us!!! But we get the job done!!!

Y'all come on down---I can put you to work without a problem! It is branding time, so they can go to the Sale Barn---to be auctioned off!

We have another new calf today, a little bull. Our herd here is mostly hereford, in TX we run Brangus (Brahma Angus cross). This is a little white faced red bodied bull---he looks good.

Left to their own accord, most of the cows deliver without issue, but if my FIL is around, he always thinks it is problematic, and insists we pull the calf. So we try to keep him VERY busy during this time!!!

Well I need to make some tea---I am ready to go to bed, and need to drink through my food!!!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!

Kat

Kat, I think you could have a weight-loss ranch just by having us all come out and work for you. That would break my plateau! Wow! I am such a prissy girl with my little jogs around the neighborhood, manicures, light housework (when I don't have help), and annoying trips to the car wash. I better never complain again. My friend has a ranch (for pleasure) and I love to go pick the vegetables, cut flowers and pet the animals. But there are fulltime crews handling everything. You hop off the horse and hand over the reins. That's what I thought a ranch was. I am a brat!

To all you newbies on liquids: if you get enough Protein, you will feel much more satisfied. Your cravings will diminish and your mood will happier. Double all of that IF you exercise!

Oh my Kat - you are something else again! Hey Boo - move over, you sound like me.............don't know if you all know what a JAP is (that's me).............."Jewish American Princess"!

Molly and all you other great to be banded April 07'ers NIA is an exercise class given at my gym and many others that is a combination of dance, tai chi, yoga and martial arts.................it's a wonderful aerobic workout and so much fun................I try to do it 5 times a week - it's my main exercise...........................if they have any NIA classes in your areas - please try them..............you'll love it! It's made me love to exercise! Google NIA to get to their site and they have a list of classes given in the cities throughout the US and world.

I didn't get to class today because Alan had a dr appt..........his heart is strong - no more murmer (the new valve sounds great)..........no arithmias, his lungs are clear...........all is well and he's getting stronger each day! Phew..........so glad we're on the road to "back to normal".

Welcome to our exercise group Ellen!

Kat - where is your ranch in Texas? Being a city girl, I'm very impressed with your work! How in the world do you find time to post?? LOL

Kat, your ranches sound AWESOME. It's on my goal list to ride a horse. A horse and a lot of roller coasters. This summer for both, I'm sure!

Ellen, welcome! We're so glad you joined us. The liquid diet is a pain, but do as Boo says with keeping the Protein up and remind yourself that you're doing the only thing you can personally do to make your surgery go as smoothly as possible -- following the diet. It is a very limited amount of time and as soon as the surgery is behind you, I promise you won't be hungry. For those first few days you really will want to NOT eat (which is different from not wanting to eat). I had a hard time with the liquid diet and I broke it a few times. If I'd have truly believed I wouldn't be hungry post-band, it would have been easier to follow, so I thought I'd share that with you. Hopefully, you'll stay distracted, full on Protein, out exercising, and you'll have an easy time of it! Good luck!

I slept in bed last night instead of in the recliner. Ahh, what luxury! I slept great and even put on a little makeup this morning. My Stepmother washed my hair yesterday, which made me feel like a new woman. 8 days till I can shower. I think we can start a count-down now! Come on, 8 days!